Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why @GayForEllon marked that as Disagree as to my understanding its spot on.

I thought the same. First, @GayForEllon (who I don’t personally know) has methodically been marking all my posts “disagree” irrespective of the thred or content. Second, perhaps he’s the preparator?

There are many openly offering to for referral code use. Just check Craigslist. What they’re unaware of is that they’re being reported (plus Tesla has people scanning eBay, Craigslist and TMC), and when it’s time to redeem that free Roadster, those referrals will go POOF! Here’s one I just found: Ill pay you 500 for using my code and you get free supercharging

Has anyone else been experiencing an issue in the loot box section of the mobile app on Android where you can't scroll down all the way? In my case, on both my old Nexus 5X and my current Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, the 'Race The Tesla Semi' button is cut in half and I can't scroll beyond that point.

If I go into the section for claiming a Powerwall award, the button at the bottom (after the checkmark questions) is almost completely cut off--all I see is the top of the button border, no text, no idea if there's a button below it. Answering the questions and hitting that mystery button takes me to an address confirmation screen (which works fine), then the final confirmation screen (where it says the Powerwall will be installed at the address below) doesn't display an address and shows status as 'Tap to redeem award.'

Has anyone else been experiencing an issue in the loot box section of the mobile app on Android where you can't scroll down all the way? In my case, on both my old Nexus 5X and my current Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, the 'Race The Tesla Semi' button is cut in half and I can't scroll beyond that point.

If I go into the section for claiming a Powerwall award, the button at the bottom (after the checkmark questions) is almost completely cut off--all I see is the top of the button border, no text, no idea if there's a button below it. Answering the questions and hitting that mystery button takes me to an address confirmation screen (which works fine), then the final confirmation screen (where it says the Powerwall will be installed at the address below) doesn't display an address and shows status as 'Tap to redeem award.'
The Race The Tesla Semi button shows up fine on my Android devices. It's the last button and there's nothing to scroll to below it.

I already did the Powerwall redemption months ago so I can't test that.

The Race The Tesla Semi button shows up fine on my Android devices. It's the last button and there's nothing to scroll to below it.

I already did the Powerwall redemption months ago so I can't test that.
Odd... This has been happening for a while, on both Android 8.0 and 8.1 across several versions of the Tesla app. This is as far down as I can scroll on the aforementioned screens (images attached, address removed from second screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180705-092928.png
    Screenshot_20180705-092928.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20180705-092957.png
    Screenshot_20180705-092957.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 45
Odd... This has been happening for a while, on both Android 8.0 and 8.1 across several versions of the Tesla app. This is as far down as I can scroll on the aforementioned screens (images attached, address removed from second screenshot).
Ah. Could be an Android 7 vs Android 8 issue. I'm still on 7 and it looks fine. Maybe they are only testing the app as far as Android 7?

Ah, I just noticed another thing. You have the virtual on screen buttons. I don't have those enabled.

Ah. Could be an Android 7 vs Android 8 issue. I'm still on 7 and it looks fine. Maybe they are only testing the app as far as Android 7?

Ah, I just noticed another thing. You have the virtual on screen buttons. I don't have those enabled.
Not testing on either of the latest versions of Android seems crazy to me... As for the on screen buttons, neither the Nexus 5X or the Xperia XZ1 Compact have physical home/back/interface buttons (even my nearly 6 year old Nexus 4 didn't have physical buttons), so I kinda need those. *shrug*

I'm thinking that maybe I should e-mail Tesla about this...

I experienced some shenanigans like that too, but caught it just in time......... I planned to use a friend’s referral code. Visited the service center just before I placed the order. The OA in the store was helpful..... and I asked if she could somehow benefit if her name were listed on my transaction. She said “yes” and did something on her tablet. She was well aware that I was going to use a friend’s referral code. Later that evening I entered my order following a link from my friend, for the referral. The next day when I got my order confirmation, “free supercharging” was not listed. It took a call to the Tesla store and a chat with the manager to get it all sorted out. I’m not sure what exactly would have happened - but I also felt hijacked, similar to the posters above.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
I thought the same. First, @GayForEllon (who I don’t personally know) has methodically been marking all my posts “disagree” irrespective of the thred or content. Second, perhaps he’s the preparator?

There are many openly offering to for referral code use. Just check Craigslist. What they’re unaware of is that they’re being reported (plus Tesla has people scanning eBay, Craigslist and TMC), and when it’s time to redeem that free Roadster, those referrals will go POOF! Here’s one I just found: Ill pay you 500 for using my code and you get free supercharging

It appears he has disliked this one also :(

One solution would be to have the buyer enter the referral code when they place their order and not allow anyone but the buyer to change it. Even it the OA sets up the order and helps the buyer establish an account, the Buyer would have to log into their account with their own password and enter the referral code.
I've forwarded your suggestion to the referral program team. It's a good idea. If you see it show up in a future program, you have bragging rights. (And thanks from many of us!)

We have one referral from friends who took delivery of a Model X several weeks ago. I never received any communication from Tesla inviting us to select a prize. However, I clicked on the "loot box" in the Tesla app, clicked on "My Awards", and was able to request delivery of a Signature Black Wall Connector.
That works fine for more recent referral programs. We're still waiting on one jacket and two carry-ons from before they added the Loot Box to the app.

I've had three or four referrals 'stolen' like that. It's the sales associates giving the referrals to 'friends' for under the table kickbacks... and they just hope nobody notices. We notice.
At least two of my referrals of my referrals have disappeared as well. Tesla was researching the issue but that was before "the purge" so I don't know if they are still looking into it. I haven't heard anything since May so I will be sending another email this weekend. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.