Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, read somewhere that’s the case. The crappy part is for people who had 2 and were 1 away from the arachnids. Now they’ll get that worthless solar token for their next referral and must get another referral to get the wheels.

I asked someone in charge and he said if you have 4 before May 1st and get a new referral before Jul 15th, you can get one more Powerwall or Credit.
But I wonder how can I get this prize, through Tesla App or E-mail.

Is that aimed at me? If so, I’m not expecting anyone to give me anything. I’ve been reading the forum, ordered a car and thought I would use someone on here’s code as I don’t know anyone personally who has a Tesla.

I also have 10 direct messages of people offering their code, a couple offered to pay me which I declined.

If people offer to pay you money to use their code it directly violates the rules and ruins it for all the honest people out there. Get their code and email it along with a screenshot of their message to [email protected] — basically they’re trying to hit 50 referrals for a free $250,000 Roadster.

So you gave your referral to someone but then someone along the way changed the referral to someone else so you wouldn't get the prize?

If thats happening man, no wonder people hate OAs haha :(

In both cases I suspect it was a friend of the sales person who put in the order....it has been alleged that the sales folks get under the table kickbacks for using certain referral codes.

This forum prohibits referral codes in signatures. However, the system provides a means to publish your code in your profile.

The intention is that new users requiring a code should pick a poster who has been most helpful to them, or is local to them, or otherwise deserving, and find the code either from their profile or by direct message.

Other forums have different rules (such as permitting referral codes in signatures).

US owners posting their codes into the UK forum (with no other interaction) seems an egregious violation of etiquette.

This forum prohibits referral codes in signatures. However, the system provides a means to publish your code in your profile.

The intention is that new users requiring a code should pick a poster who has been most helpful to them, or is local to them, or otherwise deserving, and find the code either from their profile or by direct message.

Other forums have different rules (such as permitting referral codes in signatures).

US owners posting their codes into the UK forum (with no other interaction) seems an egregious violation of etiquette.
I usually read the forum by going to New Posts and reading the first few pages.
This shows posts across the whole site, from Model X Charging to Australia.
If I’d volunteered my code to the OP I’d have been pretty annoyed at being called an egregious violator of etiquette by one of my fellow forum users.
Fight against negativity, friend.

Reactions: thegruf
Also, and the Sales Advisors know this -- once the referral code has been stolen, as the people providing the referral codes (us), we have no relationship with the SA, only the buyers do. So even if you tell the buyer that the SA used someone else's code and you didn't get the referral, the buyer still got their $1000/$500 discount and/or free supercharging.

So unless they're really good friends of yours, they really don't have any incentive to go back and complain about the stolen code. When this happened to me to people I had actually helped find and buy a car, and I asked them to try and fix it for me, they were like "meh" and didn't want to go create a conflict with the SA with no real benefit for themselves. They might ask once and are told "it's too late, we can't change the referral code" which we also know is BS, since they can and have when pushed. I've also had two or three 'ordered' referrals just disappear -- not cancelled or delivered. I'm sure these are just referral codes that were changed after the fact.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Living in Ohio I can’t get anything for a referral, so I’ve never really paid attention to it, but man I’d be pissed if Tesla employees were stealing awards from me.

It’s one thing for someone to change the referral they use, not cool, but I could accept that. It’s something else entirely for a Tesla employee to be changing it on their own and stealing from customers who are helping promote the company.

As with many things, this is an awesome thing Tesla does different from everyone else, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.