Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another referral yesterday, myself!
We ordered our 4th Tesla!
Also, Tesla emailed yesterday evening that it will be ready for delivery in 2 days, Woohoo!
Feel free to DM me for my referral code if you'd like to use it for your order too. I can gladly help you with any of your Tesla questions.
Screenshot_20181121-103114_Gmail.jpg

A note on providing incentives for referrals -- my opinion is that if you're unwilling to provide your referral code to Tesla and ask if your behavior is within the "Good Faith" guidelines, you know the answer to whether it's OK or not. Personally, I think it's a clear violation of the rules. If someone disagrees, let me know and I'll contact Tesla with your code and ask.

Speaking of rule violations, solicitation of referrals via PM at TMC (or otherwise outside of this thread) is prohibited. This behavior has increased lately and I've moved to banning members for doing it. I'm hopeful we can put some more aggressive tactics in place to stop this, because it significantly lowers the value of participation at TMC. This should be an owners' club, not a spam festival.

I think this is very much a possibility especially for the Roadster winners. Seems like a couple hours on the phone is worth saving 250k....

They wouldn't be saving $250k. They'd be saving their actual cost to build the car, which is significantly less, probably in the neighborhood of $50k-$75k. And no, they're not going to have a call center calling to 'verify' every referral for every roadster winner for a referral that happened three+ years earlier. If Tesla was really concerned about denying referral credits to google adwords advertisers and clear rule breakers, they'd be doing that now (which they aren't). Not in 2020 or 2021 when the referral prizes become due.

They wouldn't be saving $250k. They'd be saving their actual cost to build the car, which is significantly less, probably in the neighborhood of $50k-$75k. And no, they're not going to have a call center calling to 'verify' every referral for every roadster winner for a referral that happened three+ years earlier. If Tesla was really concerned about denying referral credits to google adwords advertisers and clear rule breakers, they'd be doing that now (which they aren't). Not in 2020 or 2021 when the referral prizes become due.
I’m going o bet that the cost to build and deliver a roadster is going to be quite a bit higher than 50-75k

I’m going o bet that the cost to build and deliver a roadster is going to be quite a bit higher than 50-75k

Why? Whatever it is, it's way less than $250k. I'm talking actual material and labor costs. It's really no different than Model S/X, except the battery pack is bigger. Only the sheet metal is a different shape. Oh, and one extra motor. Those are only a few grand anyway.

Why? Whatever it is, it's way less than $250k. I'm talking actual material and labor costs. It's really no different than Model S/X, except the battery pack is bigger. Only the sheet metal is a different shape. Oh, and one extra motor. Those are only a few grand anyway.
Battery pack is twice the size and the largest single cost in the car. It’s also probably going to have extensive use of carbon fiber in the chassis and body which is much more costly in material cost and manufacturing cost.

And by 2020 the price of the battery pack will decrease substantially when GF1 is fully online.

t’s also probably going to have extensive use of carbon fiber in the chassis and body.

Still complete conjecture. I would go as far as say that the body and chassis probably won't be CF.

I don't want to go way off topic here on the actual cost of the Roadster. It really doesn't matter what it is. The point is Tesla isn't going to go calling to validate every referral for every Roadster winner in 2020/2021 to find a few rule breakers they could much more easily find and shut down TODAY.

Rumor has it that if you didn't get to Secret Level 1 before 10/5/18, you cannot participate in the Roadster 2.0 prize.

I just missed it apparently with six referrals in September somehow I didn't' make it under the wire. Maybe they will still let me into the secret levels with five delivered except for the sixth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.