Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just checked my referral link and it says 29. I had 18 from previous programs. 10 on the new program as of a few hours ago. Looks like #11 came in and blew it up!
So, maybe it is just me. I assumed it was a systemwide glitch.
Can anybody confirm that their referrals are still showing up please?
thank you
All of ours still show up.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
After 5 1/2 years, finally I know someone who is ordering a Tesla (Model 3) so my referral code has been used once now. I am grandfathered into unlimited supercharging, but does anybody know if my friend's car is not delivered by May 28 will he get 5000 or 1000 miles?
Based on order date. Not delivery date.

With Tesla's cash crunch and belt-tightening across the board, and every expense scrutinized, I wonder if we'll ever see those Next Gen Roadster awards become a reality?

I know, #firstworldproblems
I have to wonder when we'll see the Next Gen roadster at all. Then again, it might actually be Tesla's highest margin vehicle so perhaps it's in their best interest to get it out sooner than later. Granted it's not going to sell in Model 3 numbers, but if they can profit $100k from each one sold it might be a short term answer to their cash crunch problems if they can make enough of them.

Hello! I've glanced through the comments and haven't seen anything recent on this. So here goes...
We received our Model X in 2017 and quickly racked-up enough referrals to qualify for the power wall. They were supposed to start delivery in March 2018, then the date moved to Summer, then winter. Now it's mid 2019 and no powerwall. Tesla support says that we should expect it "this year." While I love our car, I've cooled on Tesla and their obvious disorganization. I've also stopped bothering with the referral program. I was an evangelist for a hot minute. But it's a lot of effort to talk-up a brand, give test drives to randoms and show them how everything works. And it's irritating that Tesla doesn't back the program adequately. Please talk me out of my funk! Does anyone have any information on the powerwall situation?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have two friends that have been 'owed' five powerwalls between them for years now. Still no word from Tesla to either friend. So (a) you're not alone, and (2) they'll get around to you eventually. There's a LONG list of PW2 award winners (I'm sure many more than they expected) and due to most of the batteries going into M3s, the PW2 awards are a very low priority.

With Tesla's cash crunch and belt-tightening across the board, and every expense scrutinized, I wonder if we'll ever see those Next Gen Roadster awards become a reality?
I know, #firstworldproblems

Yes I had the same thought, these might be made 4 years after R2 comes out :)

Personally I think they should reveal more of R2 when they have their next bad quarter.
e.g. We lost some money this quarter but
- here is a video of the R2 beating a Ferrari
- here is a video of the R2 beating a Bugatti
- here is a video of the R2 Performance beating the Rimac

BTW, we also have more than 120,000 Model-Y orders

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I think that the current referral program will be a bigger demand lever than people actually realize. This is because it will be a lever not just for the people ordering Teslas using referral codes, it will also be a lever for the people giving the referral codes.
I’ll use myself as an example:
I currently own a 2018 Model S 100D and a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD. Unlimited free Supercharging on the MS as long as I own it. (An incentive not to upgrade this car to a newer Model S in the near to distant future)
I didn’t have any free Supercharging on the Model 3. Both cars do you have unlimited connectivity though.
Under the current promotion the free supercharging miles apply to all cars in the account. Although it has not been clarified, I assume that means it would apply to a new purchase as well.
Assuming all the referrals I have get delivered in the new program, I will have 73,000 miles with an 8-1/2 year expiration.
So basically unlimited free supercharging which I can utilize on any New Tesla I purchase, assuming they allow you to do that.
So at least in my mind I’m feeling a little more inclined to be upgrading in the more near future than I had planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.