Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also added verbiage to limit the expiration of the free Supercharger miles to 36 months, previously there was no limit mentioned.

'Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months'
Is this retroactive?

They also added verbiage to limit the expiration of the free Supercharger miles to 36 months, previously there was no limit mentioned.

'Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months'
Current verbiage...
“Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.”

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
Well, the referrer counts are back to normal, and it looks like they found/fixed a bunch of missing ones from older referral program phases.

There's a new status besides Delivered, Cancelled, and Return... it's "POST_DELIVERY". Does anyone know what that means?
I'm thinking that means the referral code was added post delivered versus those which were added before the order was made. That's just a guess though...

Well, the referrer counts are back to normal, and it looks like they found/fixed a bunch of missing ones from older referral program phases.

There's a new status besides Delivered, Cancelled, and Return... it's "POST_DELIVERY". Does anyone know what that means?
I assume it was a code added after delivery. (When that was allowed)
The referral that I have with that status was forced to switch cars (inventory) because Tesla was unable to deliver the first one he ordered. Not sure why. Offered him an alternative which he accepted. So I assume they switched his order and added the code afterwards.

No, I mean any referral as "POST_DELIVERY" is not being counted as a referral "credit" in the "Total Referrals" according to Tesla.

If they were counted, I would have many more in the official count.

Go to your TESLA account page, and add up all the "Delivered" versus "POST_DELIVERY"... only "Delivered" are counting towards the total.

Still not correct for my referrals.
18 referrals previous program. (Phase 9?)
31 delivered in current program.
2 on order.

Should be 51 with undelivered orders.
Referral page shows 49
(It had dropped to mid-30’s with recent issue)
Thought they might have stopped counting undelivered referrals.
I had 48 deliveries and it showed 49. A delivery occurred today and it didn’t change.

What’s more perplexing is that the Supercharging miles earned has stopped increasing with deliveries, or is being calculated incorrectly.

It is currently at 76,000 miles.

76,000 is not a possible calculation, mathematically with my 31 deliveries in any combination of 5,000 & 1,000 awards. (Requires an even number of deliveries)
Also, none could have expired yet.

Order Dates for the 31 deliveries are as follows:
13 ordered from May 1-May 28 (13x5,000 = 65,000)
1 ordered May 31 (5,000 or 1,000?)
17 ordered in April,June, July or August (17,000)

So correct total should be either 87,000 or 83,000 depending what the 5/31 order counts as.

Also have 2 referrals that are still undelivered which were ordered May 1st & May 9th

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I can't speak for your records, but I know that all the "POST_DELIVERY" referrals in my lists do not count towards the total referrals.
Took a second look and I discovered that 2 of the 18 referrals from phase 9 were in fact
“POST_DELIVERY“. So 16 (Phase 9) + 33 (current program) = 49.
So mystery there solved. Thanks.
Still no idea what’s going on with the SC miles. None of the referrals in the current are “POST_DELIVERY“.

I had one person use my referral code, but it somehow got "switched out" without his knowledge. He didn't realize this until after he took delivery and checked with me if it went through. That was back in March. It took him until a couple of weeks ago and a significant amount complaining to Tesla to get them to correct the referral code. (I didn't ask him to, he wanted to, even though the 'value' of the referral to me is very little now). But he finally got it fixed, and that referral now shows as "Delivered", not "POST_DELIVERY". So it is possible to get a referral code 'fixed' after delivery, but it's very difficult. I asked him if it was worth all the time and trouble, and he replied: "It was – principal of the thing! Enjoying the car and the community."

Maybe because they finally started enforcing the rule that referral codes can't be added post delivery and must be used when the order is placed?
Unfortunately, both of the post-delivery referrals occurred when Tesla switched the order to a different VIN (inventory car) with the buyer’s consent. So they handled the entry of the referral code on the “back end”

I had one person use my referral code, but it somehow got "switched out" without his knowledge. He didn't realize this until after he took delivery and checked with me if it went through. That was back in March. It took him until a couple of weeks ago and a significant amount complaining to Tesla to get them to correct the referral code. (I didn't ask him to, he wanted to, even though the 'value' of the referral to me is very little now). But he finally got it fixed, and that referral now shows as "Delivered", not "POST_DELIVERY". So it is possible to get a referral code 'fixed' after delivery, but it's very difficult. I asked him if it was worth all the time and trouble, and he replied: "It was – principal of the thing! Enjoying the car and the community."
Not worth my effort to get it fixed. Hitting 50 was kind of a personal milestone. Now back to 49 from 51. No big deal though.

Unfortunately not through the referral API. Maybe other people know how to access those, but I don't think it's possible anymore.

Yeah, sorry about that. That did work back when the referral award status was available in the Loot Box, but when that went away, that button stopped working. I just haven't updated the code since.

Yes, they disappeared a while ago. Same with a bunch of other small hacks I use to make Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program and https://referral-app.teslastats.no. Very sad :(

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
Also cannot see old referral links. I had one tied to my account and Model S, but since it was a buy-back it got removed from the account of course. The code is also gone :( That one had the most referrals also. Combined we got to around 25% for a roadster but now they might just tell us tough luck.

@HankLloydRight I know you have a lot of experience with this, so I have a question.

I picked up my 22-inch referral wheels today, and I plan to sell them. Though I don't know if I got everything I should have. I don't see any of the satin black bolts (Wheel caps?), and I'm not sure if I got the TPMS. Are they already installed?

If you have some pictures that would be nice. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.