Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, the Powerwall referral award is not transferable.

They are now. I don't know about Canada, though.

The referral award winner only has to have it shipped to your location, where you contract with a local Tesla certified electrician to install and provision it.

The Solar roof early access token is.

Has anyone, anywhere, actually seen a solar roof early access token?

The referral award winner only has to have it shipped to your location, where you contract with a local Tesla certified electrician to install and provision it.

I didn't even need to do this, I just emailed the Tesla person who contacted me about my award. I told him I wanted to transfer my Powerwall prize to my folks. I signed a letter saying I was handing off my prize and that was it. The Tesla people are now dealing with my parents regarding installation etc..

I don’t think there’s actually a physical object like a magical coin. I believe it’s more like a “privilege”

Of course, I know. But still, has anyone ever received one?

What about 'Racing the Semi' or 'Driving the BORING machine' or 'shooting a photo into space'?
For myself the only nebulous rewards I have received are “VIP” invitations. (Semi truck unveiling, Model Y unveiling, boring tunnel unveiling)
I have only been able to attend the semi truck/roadster unveiling. Mostly because I didn’t RSVP fast enough.

:) Happy to discover that Free Miles are very generously extrapolated into kWh when consumed. Used up some free Supercharger miles on Friday.
Just drove ~1,100 miles from Palm Desert, CA to Southwest WA straight through in our 2018 Model 3 LR RWD. Several Superchargers along the way. According to my account history, I now have 36,323 kWh remaining.
My loot box shows 90,808 miles remaining. That’s s 2.5 miles Per kWh. (90,808/36,323)
On lifetime average, our Model 3 goes 3.83+ miles per kWh and our 2018 Model S 100D gets 3.15+ miles per kWh. I’m assuming Tesla went with the worst case configuration. (Original Performance Model X?)
View attachment 538448 View attachment 538449

Congrats on your free SC miles... you have a lot of driving to do over the next 32 months! :cool:

Congrats on your free SC miles... you have a lot of driving to do over the next 32 months! :cool:
Almost no chance that we’re going to use that.
It applies to all cars in the account however my 2018 model S100 D gets unlimited free supercharging. We do that trip quite a bit however this was the first time we did it in the Model 3. Not that likely to repeat the trip with the model 3 again.
Not nearly as comfortable & roomy as my Model S. And the heated steering wheel is a must in the winter.
If I decided to do an upgrade with my model S at some point, then I could use the free supercharging miles in the new car. Although it would be hard to give up the unlimited free supercharging & premium connectivity that I have now. Plus it has MCU 2 & HW3 (FSD computer) Can’t really get much better than that with all the free stuff.

Tesla told me if I gift the Powerwall, they will need a W9, otherwise, no W9 and direct ship... What is going on... lol.

Crazy,
All of my 2020 referrals (orders deliveries and cancellations) have disappeared from my loot box and my Tesla account on the web page as well.
Anybody else seeing this this morning?
They were there last night.
My referral link still includes them (57)
21411F2A-4226-4C7D-A2E2-46A62EBF9818.jpeg
53E64FC1-3B55-4613-B98E-D5FEF8F4DDF9.jpeg

Crazy,
All of my 2020 referrals (orders deliveries and cancellations) have disappeared from my loot box and my Tesla account on the web page as well.
Anybody else seeing this this morning?
They were there last night.
Yeah, I noticed ours disappeared this morning as well and they don't show up under the View past Referral Programs link either.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
Yeah, I noticed ours disappeared this morning as well and they don't show up under the View past Referral Programs link either.
Thanks
Glad to hear it’s not just my account.

So probably still showing up correctly for you as well in the count when you use your own referral link as shown in the screenshot above

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

They work, but they're really, really slow.

They now each link to a separate URL which returns some JSON and HTML with the details:
Try these once logged in:
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_1
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_2
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_9

They work, but they're really, really slow.

They now each link to a separate URL which returns some JSON and HTML with the details:
Try these once logged in:
Code:
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_1
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_2
https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/referral/PHASE_9
Oh, I meant to say that the old ones work...but there's no new 'old' referral program with referrals since Februrary 3, 2019. (No Phase 10)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
All my referrals seem to be showing fine, but I haven't had one since they stopped with the prizes. All my older ones are there though.

On that note: The Powerwall I earned through the referral program, and gave to my parents was finally installed over the last two days. Was surprised they got the red one. Didn't think that was an option anymore. Not signed though.

They are in New England, and I'm out west. All that happened for the swap was the contact at Tesla just confirmed I wanted to give it to them via email. No W-9 or anything. The Powerwall was earned in late Aug, 2018. I was initially contacted regarding the reward in early Dec 2019. They installed it June 8-9th 2020. It was a long time coming.
/edit. Even though it was a referral prize, installation was $2,500.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.