Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Boourns is up next! You just missed out during the referral thread merge, so now's your shot. You have two days! Please keep us posted if you have any activity. I'm told the weekends are popular for referrals, as well it's getting close to the end of the discount program, so hopefully you'll see some referrals.

TIme to change it up again! @Boourns -- any lucky referrals over the weekend?

Would love the extra eyeballs too. I'm an architect, does that help hank?
Referral | Tesla Motors

@Cattledog -- Being an architect does not help. Having a sense of humor does. ;)

You're up next for today and tomorrow. Let us know if you get any referrals!

For the record, I am not an architect, I just play one on the internet.

Reactions: Saxena
Lotto is for a P90X. 4 referrals is a guaranteed invite to Gigafactory.

Thanks for the clarification ... I had to read the rules again :cool:

upload_2016-7-11_9-47-10.png

Congratulations! Thanks for using my referal, gald I could help you out. I have several more referals available if anyone is interested. Anyone who has questions about Teslas, referals, etc feel free to PM me.
I'm 1 away from a gigafactory invite (I'd love to drive up there in my MS with the little lady) if any future owners are about to order, and would like to make an EV couple very happy, (she has a fiat 500e and deposit on a model 3) kindly use my link Referral | Tesla Motors I'll be extremely grateful. As always please PM me if you have any questions about Tesla ownership or EVs in general, thanks in advance!

Just 4 days left in the current referral program, there's still time to save U$1000 / C$1200 towards the purchase of your Model S or Model X -- but you'll have to first put down your smartphone and stop playing Pokemon Go for a minute!

If you're still deciding, just ask - lots of helpful people here at TMC, or PM me with any questions.

When you're ready to place your order, feel free to use my referral code link: Referral | Tesla Motors , I still have 4 referrals left.

Reactions: e-FTW
Quick report on referral experience with owner advisors from things read in this thread, and a report from someone who used my code (he fits in to #2). It seems to be a bit all over the place, on the following continuum:

1. Some Owner Advisors ask for credentials, name, email, a left arm, and so on.
  2. Others, when you, say "Can't I just give you this referral code?" will say, ”OK, yeah sure.”
  3. Others still will be like ”give me anything you have, and I will do a deep advanced search and find the referral code for you. I got this, no worries."
So, YMMV. Very YMMV.
You should maybe just use a referral code like mine, or someone else's who's been helpful, funny or you just like their mug for some weird reason. Or maybe they like your sports team. Or you think their hair is fantastic.
Then order online.
Then go to a Tesla store, and chat them up, try the car, and so on. Problem solved, as your referral is already baked in to your order. You have 7 days until your order is confirmed and the deposit locks.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I couldn't find this information in any one place anywhere else, so I figured I'd compile and post it here. Unfortunately, it can't be a thread on it's own, like "Referral Program History" but that's what I'd like to call it. I wanted to recall all the different Referral program phases and the promised awards.

Below is the summary as best I could piece together from TMC posts and Archive.org. I didn't include who-won-what, since that is not my objective. It's just documenting each phase and how it worked. Since editing posts quickly disappears, I'll try to correct any issues or errors as soon as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------
Phase 1:
Start: 7/31/2015
End: 10/31/2015
Awards:
  1. Anyone who orders a new Model S before October 31st using the referral link of a current owner will get $1,000 off the purchase price. In return, the current owner will get a $1,000 discount that can be applied to a new car, service center visit or accessory. New orders must be placed prior to October 31, 2015. Service Credits expire 12/31/2016.
  2. Those who make five referrals will receive an invitation for them and a guest to attend the Gigafactory grand opening party.
  3. Those who make five referrals will receive a free Tesla Powerwall (including installation) [New award added to referral program on Aug-26-2015]
  4. Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving.
  5. The first person to make ten referrals in each sales region will get a fully loaded Model X for free
  6. If you’re the top referrer on October 31st, we’ll swap your Model S out for a fully loaded Ludicrous P90D.
* The Gigafactory grand opening party will take place in Nevada at a date to be determined in April 2016. Customers who make five referrals will receive two tickets to attend the grand opening party. These customers will be responsible for the cost of their own travel, lodging, and other incidentals. Tesla will provide transport to and from Reno, Nevada for the grand opening party.

* Midway through Phase 1, due to "Bird-dogging" laws in Ohio and Virginia, Tesla changed the program for referring owners in those states -- these owners would receive $0 referral credit, and the new buyers would receive a full $2000 discount.

* September 2, 2015: Tesla removed the 10-referral limit and added the fully loaded Ludicrous P90D Model S "trade up" prize (#6 above). see: Changes to Model S Referral Program

---------------------------------------------
Phase 2
Start: 11/1/2015
End: 12/31/2015
Awards:
  1. The owner that makes the most qualifying referrals in each of North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific will receive a Ludicrous P90D Model S and an exclusive VIP invitation for two to the Model 3 unveiling event, including travel and accommodations.
  2. The first to make 10 qualifying referrals in each of North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific will receive a Tesla Powerwall Home Battery, installation included.
  3. Each owner that makes 10 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Model 3 unveiling event.
  4. Each owner that makes 5 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Gigafactory opening event, including transportation to and from Reno, Nevada.
----------------------------------

Phase 3
Start: ?
End: 4/15/2016
Awards:
  1. Until April 15, 2016, Tesla owners will each have the opportunity to give up to 3 friends a credit of $1,200 toward the cost of their home charging installation. [This ended up just being a $1,200 discount]
  2. Each qualified referral you make gives you an opportunity to win a referral program giveaway:
  • One lucky referrer will win a Ludicrous P90D Model X as well as a tour for four of the SpaceX
  • Five referrers will win a tour for four of the SpaceX headquarters in Los Angeles, including travel and accommodations.
* Limit 3 referrals per owner
----------------
Phase 4
Start: ?
End: 7/15/2016
Awards:
  1. Owners who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels
  2. Each owner who makes 4 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Gigafactory opening event at the end of July, including transportation to the Gigafactory from Reno, Nevada.
  3. Owners who make 3 or more referrals will receive an exclusive Tesla Owners Jacket.
  4. Owners who make 2 or more qualifying referrals will receive a Tesla Moab Weekender Bag that matches their car’s interior.
  5. Each qualified referral you make gives you an additional entry into a drawing to win a Ludicrous P90D Model X.
* Awards are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
* Limit 5 referrals per owner​
-----------------------------------

Last edited:
[...]
** I could not determine the timing of the Ohio and Virginia $2000 discount addendum. Was that Phase 1 or Phase 2 or both?
[...]
nice summary @HankLloydRight, good idea to put it all in one place.

the $2k VA, OH addendum to the referral program was in was in "phase 1" Jul-Oct 2015.
I was one of the lucky ones able to receive the 2k when I ordered at end of Oct :). It didn't apply to phase 2 since there was no cash to the referrer that round.

a couple other misc comments:
- you've got phase 3 and 4 end dates listed as 2015 (should be 2016).
- not sure if you can edit your post, but my aging eyes(!) have a hard time reading the yellow on white highlighted text in item #3 of phase 1. may I suggest a darker colour?

p.s. I had the following link bookmarked from phase 1 - looks like on Sep 2/15 they removed the original 10-referral limit and added the P90D prize:
Tesla Changes Rules in Model S Referral Program, Adds Model S P90D As Additional Prize

Last edited:
Taking an overnight test drive next week. I know it's person to person, but wanted to get some thoughts on what things I should "test". Thanks for the advice.
If you are even slightly considering a purchase I'd recommend putting in an order by this Friday the 15th to take advantage of the $1000 referal credit. You have 7 days to change or cancel your order with no penalty. I actually did this exact thing at the end of a referal program (placed order then scheduled a test drive). It's not likely they will have a another referal program soon (although I'm sure it will happen again but probably in a few months or longer) so you really don't want to miss out on the free money. You could effectively get the cold weather package for free.

I have more referals available and would be grateful if you used my referal code Referral | Tesla Motors PM me if you have any questions. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the car, enjoy!

@Cattledog -- Being an architect does not help. Having a sense of humor does. ;)
You're up next for today and tomorrow. Let us know if you get any referrals!
For the record, I am not an architect, I just play one on the internet.

So @Cattledog -- any referrals?

I guess I might as well get in on the game: Referral | Tesla Motors

And @ggr is up next -- and I think this will close it out, as there are just a little over two days left.

If anyone who has been selected received any referrals, please let me know! Thanks, and good luck @ggr!

Oh well, so close and yet so far away. Thanks for all the help you have given others Hank! We have 1 referral so are in the drawing to win the free model X :) We will just have to hang out in the gigafactory parking lot and hope for +1s. Will be nearby anyways for TMC Connect gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.