Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Tesla (Model S) owner, new club member. Was off to a rough start but the sales and customer service team have been great to work with. Still feeling out the vehicle, making sure it was worth the hefty price tag.

I have 2-3 referral codes left for a new Model S or Model X purchase - if you'd one, let me know.
Send me a message and I will email you the code. No strings, just want to see them go to good use. The are expensive enough, know every bit counts/helps.

I'm still sitting at "0" referals, so I'm not gonna be any help on this issue. But if you have more friends that need a referal code here is mine ;) Referral | Tesla Motors

My friend has reached his goal, so I'm resuming the link sharing program once again. @GasKilla is now up for a couple of days.

No need to keep posting more referral links, I'll randomly select from those links already posted in this thread for the next contestant. We only have 10 days left, so I probably won't get to more than 4 or 5 people.

I was told by my advisor that I needed the phone number or email address to update my existing design prior to ordering. All of the referrals being blasted at me were merely links, not email addresses.

Is this true?

I'm just guessing here, but if you didn't order online using a referral link, it's quite possible the sales advisor needs (or thinks he/she needs) the email address and/or phone number of your referring person to put it on your record after the fact. So all you need to do is find someone to give you that info, if they haven't offered it already.

But make sure you have documented proof that that actually happened. During the first referral program, someone used my referral code "offline" to get the discount, and was told it was on her order. When it came time to take delivery, there was no record if it and she didn't know who she spoke to a month or two earlier, so they denied giving her the credit. She had no proof of any of those previous conversations.

I'm just guessing here, but if you didn't order online using a referral link, it's quite possible the sales advisor needs (or thinks he/she needs) the email address and/or phone number of your referring person to put it on your record after the fact. So all you need to do is find someone to give you that info, if they haven't offered it already.

But make sure you have documented proof that that actually happened. During the first referral program, someone used my referral code "offline" to get the discount, and was told it was on her order. When it came time to take delivery, there was no record if it and she didn't know who she spoke to a month or two earlier, so they denied giving her the credit. She had no proof of any of those previous conversations.

Thank you for this. Since I am in the US, does my referral code need to be from a US person do you know?

Referral | Tesla Motors
I was told by my advisor that I needed the phone number or email address to update my existing design prior to ordering. All of the referrals being blasted at me were merely links, not email addresses.

Is this true?

I don't believe it. I think there are a number of people out the Phishing. All you have to do is use someone's referral link, go to the website, configure your car and order. No Email or phone number necessary. Referral or not, if I don't know you, I will not provide you with my phone number or email address on the statement that my sales person is requesting it. I would have to have proof they are who they say they are and why they need it.. Anyone feel differently?

I have received the 5 referrals. Still waiting for official email. Anyone get it yet? Can someone PM me the link to make the hotel reservation? Anyone have any idea from prior promotions how long it takes to get the hard goods that are promised?

I have received the 5 referrals. Still waiting for official email. Anyone get it yet? Can someone PM me the link to make the hotel reservation? Anyone have any idea from prior promotions how long it takes to get the hard goods that are promised?

The dates for the tesla hotel rate expired last week. Your best shot is to try getaroom or booking.com or some other travel site. There are no other details yet where/how Tesla will provide transport to the GF (I'm guessing busses of some sort). The other hard goods are anyone's guess at this point, there are no other details provided. Also, no formal invite emails have been sent out yet.

I don't believe it. I think there are a number of people out the Phishing. All you have to do is use someone's referral link, go to the website, configure your car and order. No Email or phone number necessary. Referral or not, if I don't know you, I will not provide you with my phone number or email address on the statement that my sales person is requesting it. I would have to have proof they are who they say they are and why they need it.. Anyone feel differently?

Yes, I do. There have been many cases of people ordering offline and applying the referral credit after the fact with their sales advisors (see my experience with that posted earlier). It sounds like a valid request. Early on in the referral program, there were many sales advisors demanding to have the phone/email of all referrals to make sure they were really "friends" but that lasted only a few weeks.

Yes, I do. There have been many cases of people ordering offline and applying the referral credit after the fact with their sales advisors (see my experience with that posted earlier). It sounds like a valid request. Early on in the referral program, there were many sales advisors demanding to have the phone/email of all referrals to make sure they were really "friends" but that lasted only a few weeks.
Hmm, I may have missed out on a couple of referrals. I have received some direct messages from unknown persons on FB that just sounded a little off. Live and learn. Thanks!

it doesn't seem to matter. In a previous referral program round I had a couple people in US successfully use my referral code. and the reverse is true too, when I bought my S here in Canada, I successfully used a referral link from someone in US
Correct, @f-stop used my link when ordering his sweet ride. (Hi!)
BTW, am sitting at 1 in the current referral program! Wow not 0!

Status
Not open for further replies.