Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing this to get a GigaFactory tour (and said so), and to get some CHAdeMO adapters distributed. It is my belief that adapters available at the charger are many times more useful than adapters locked up in individual Frunks.
The Kickback/bribe is a nod to human nature, so that there's something substantial in it for the new S buyer.
I noted that the rules do not restrict what the owner-referrer can do with the purchased accessories, while they do prohibit "transfer of the discount."

I hesitated to even post the CHAdeMO Pitch, but I know I have 0% chance of winning the FREE X Race and have neither a new car (nor even a CHAdeMO adapter) in my budget by December 31.

Read into it what you will. No one has asked for the code anyway (zero uptake will save me the legwork of arranging secure useful homes for these donated CHAdeMOs so it's all good either way :biggrin:). Bribes of functionality are boring...

Rick (3466)

My comment wasn't targeted at you.

You were straightforward, said you'd keep 1 chademo and ship another one.

There was another poster who said he's giving away his $1k in full in cash (not keeping a penny), for the love of EV's and o yeah if he gets a gigafactory tour even better, I commented to that post specifically.

p
He told me they sent out a lot more information about the program internally to the employees and such about the rules, since a lot of employees are also owners they would need a pretty good explanation on what would count and what wouldn't. As for figuring out who did what, there are some pretty smart people over there at Tesla, and this isn't about thousands of people, this is just for the people that hit 10 referrals. You really only need to talk to 10 people to get to the bottom of it all... Seriously, though, feel free to try anything you want, I'm just putting out a warning to people from what I heard; it's totally up to you on what you decide to do.

During that programme Tesla will sell approximately 13 000 referal cars. Quite a task to investigate...

My comment wasn't targeted at you.

You were straightforward, said you'd keep 1 chademo and ship another one.
Oh we're cool, Max, I kind of wanted to amplify your point as I do agree.

(That and my creative pitch got buried a couple of pages back :p)

Rick

p.s. Let me tell you about my Guest with whom I would drive to Nevada if favored with the GF Tour perk!

He is a professional Electrical Engineer freelancer, who has the means safely to buy a Tesla but also a long-established phobia about battery longevity which was well justified back in the dark days of pre-Lithium.

I've given him one ride, where he was saying "well, too bad it's not going to have the [acceleration] power to go with its looks" ...up until I served him with 300kW of onramp highway merge action!
He's stubborn... But a road trip in by-then-2-year-old Pearlie May, and some up-close GF time will, I strongly feel, tip him into getting a Model X.

Last edited:
Sure? I though that only was for "Norsk Tipping" - the state lottery/betting company - and others with exempt? I definitively have read about people getting prizes from abroad and had to pay tax on the prize.
Some prizes are taxable, but from what I can tell, this prize isn't: http://www.hegnar.no/incoming/artikkel223397.ece

But reading that article, I'm just getting more and more confused...

p

During that programme Tesla will sell approximately 13 000 referal cars. Quite a task to investigate...

Matias, did you read what Lagann wrote? She said they are only likely to investigate the "bonus" prizes: 5 referrals and trip, 10 referrals and line-jump + free features on X, first to 10 for free founder's X. That is not 13,000.
I expect and hope they will check these out. Anyone who gets indignant because their free and easy referrals don't hold up to scrutiny to get them a free or discounted car... well, they may scream and shout, but they should actually be ashamed.

But reading that article, I'm just getting more and more confused...

Hey, it's Norwegian tax rules the article is all about, so had you not been confused then it had been inaccurately explained in the article ;)

But here is a list of what is tax-free, all others is taxable:
http://www.skatteetaten.no/no/Person/Selvangivelse/finn-post/1/5/2/
(in English: http://www.skatteetaten.no/en/Person/Tax-Return/Find-item/1/5/2/)
So my best guess is that it is taxable...

So I went to the Tesla sales center by work here to talk with them about it. I found out some more information on the referral system.

- Apparently the free Founders Model X is a regional thing, so the first to 10 in Norway for instance will get one, as well as the U.S. etc.

- The referral system has the goal of getting people who wouldn't have bought a Tesla in the first place to purchase one by referring people in person to it. If you were to just put up a link for instance and offer to write a $1000 check to anyone that buys one using your link *cough* then it's not really a referral and you won't be eligible to get the Model X. They have the right to refuse anyone from getting it, and if you have 10 you know they sure as hell are going to analyze all your referrals to make sure they were done in the spirit of the program.

- Hanging out at the sales center and giving people that go there your links also will be turned down pretty swiftly.

- The salesman suggested that I go to places such as near other dealerships for luxury cars to show off the car to people. This is exactly the kind of thing that Tesla was hoping for: getting new customers that otherwise weren't going to buy the car.

- He also mentioned that Elon Musk is doing this as an experiment and if it turns out that we all are just grabbing people that are buying the car anyways to use the referral link then the experiment will have failed.

So happy hunting. I think I'll just spend some free time going and sitting around a supercharger and such; I seem to get tons of people that come up to ask about the car that know nothing about it :smile:

So I went to the Tesla sales center by work here to talk with them about it. I found out some more information on the referral system.

- Apparently the free Founders Model X is a regional thing, so the first to 10 in Norway for instance will get one, as well as the U.S. etc.

- The referral system has the goal of getting people who wouldn't have bought a Tesla in the first place to purchase one by referring people in person to it. If you were to just put up a link for instance and offer to write a $1000 check to anyone that buys one using your link *cough* then it's not really a referral and you won't be eligible to get the Model X. They have the right to refuse anyone from getting it, and if you have 10 you know they sure as hell are going to analyze all your referrals to make sure they were done in the spirit of the program.

- Hanging out at the sales center and giving people that go there your links also will be turned down pretty swiftly.

- The salesman suggested that I go to places such as near other dealerships for luxury cars to show off the car to people. This is exactly the kind of thing that Tesla was hoping for: getting new customers that otherwise weren't going to buy the car.

- He also mentioned that Elon Musk is doing this as an experiment and if it turns out that we all are just grabbing people that are buying the car anyways to use the referral link then the experiment will have failed.

So happy hunting. I think I'll just spend some free time going and sitting around a supercharger and such; I seem to get tons of people that come up to ask about the car that know nothing about it :smile:

Well that makes it a pretty easy decision to take down the site. See you guys on the ground!

Well that makes it a pretty easy decision to take down the site. See you guys on the ground!

Don't feel bad, I was going to stake out at the Sales center during lunch and on the weekends. Regardless on people's feelings about it, whoever gets that Model X will be someone who whored themselves out enough to be the first to reach 10 legitimate referrals.

image.jpg

Six!

Go Björn go!

I'm new to the forum because I've been thinking about buying a Model S. I'm probably going to do it (85%+ right now). The referral discount pushes me further along. But I really like the idea of getting one from somebody local in Southern California that I can tap for info if necessary. Anyone willing? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.