Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First person to respond, I'll use their referral!

Congrats on getting a new car!!

Henry7209 is out of referrals on ev-cpo

Woah -- thanks for trying my link! I knew something was/is messed up with the Referral counter. My "MyTesla" page only shows 4 referrals. It's been stalled there for weeks. So I don't know what happened -- my link is now maxed out (yay!), but my page only shows 4. Really strange. But in a good way. Thanks for alerting me that my referral link no longer works.

But before people start sending me messages, I won't be putting up other TMC member links just yet. I will, just not right away. I will post when I am ready to start that up again.

It's the lack of visibility in regards to who wins the BIG prize that leads me to believe that this "drawing/raffle" is just a cover up to allow Tesla to choose who they want to give a free car to, with other motives/factors being at play. If they had a live stream of the drawing that would be different but the fact that there is no information makes me think differently about this.

Look at the history of this prize, 2 of the winners were big YouTube channel owners when the contest was visible and quantitative. Another winner seemed to have won a drawing but was complaining on the TM boards that he was liable for taxes on the "free" car. Tesla worked it out with him and my suspicion is that they don't want that issue anymore so they may be selecting people who they know can take care of the taxes. Just a theory, but that's all we are left with in this situation...

This round of referrals was the first time Tesla offered a real raffle/drawing. The instances you mention above were all for people who reached a particular stated referral goal "first", and they rightfully won that prize. There was no random raffle or lottery in those cases.

Reactions: Saxena
Hello-

A kind user of these forums (@Buddy) gave me a referral code when I ordered my car. I want to give back in case someone else needs one. Good for 60 days and $1000 on Model S or X.

https://www.tesla.com/referral/david9408

My apologies in advance if these are super common. Truly just trying to give back to the community and mean well.

-V

Edit: Thread was moved here. My apologies to the admins. I'm still learning the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy
Status
Not open for further replies.