Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my referral code: http://ts.la/ken7904

Does anyone know how to find out how many referrals you have accrued? thanks

Under "My Tesla" (@ Tesla.com) then click on "View Profile" in any of your cars on your dashboard. Once there, scroll down and there is a section called "Tesla Referral Program". That will include your link, days remaining, and your friends referred (referral count). If you have no referrals it will not show anything for the friends referred.

*It should be listed right under your referral code.

Thanks Erik

Reactions: plasmo
Can anyone confirm that the number of referrals showing is the number for the current program period in the Tesla.com site under the "My Tesla" section? Just asking b/c it says I have 5, but it has shown that for quite a while. It's a bit strange b/c I know one friend who has ordered and taken delivery and presumably used my referral code when she did, but it seems like it remained at 5 referrals...

and just b/c I'm here http://ts.la/evan4452 in case anyone needs it.

For those who have accumulated 10 referrals with the current program ending on Oct 15th to qualify for an invitation to the next Tesla unveiling event, the next unveiling event happens to be on the 17th. That's a bit short notice isn't it? I sure hope they are planning invites for an unveiling later than that sometime... Any thoughts?

I seriously doubt that this will qualify. I don't even think Tesla folks running the referral program can scramble and send out invitations on the 16th, for an event the following day. At that point, only very local people could possibly attend.

Even the Solarcity event on the 28th is almost too soon to be reasonable, but they did do two weeks for the GF party invites.

I think the 10-referral prize will be the next unveiling event AFTER these two which were hastily announced -- something with a big party and a lot of people, like the M3 Part 2 event later this year or early next year. That would make the most sense.

If the 10 referral award prize is either of these next two events, a lot of people will be quite disappointed.

Update! I got a referral through TMC this week, so level 1 commitment is met and a $20 goes to the gentleman I mention above tomorrow. I'll take a pic and post here.

Next level is a $50 for him.

As a reminder e-FTW and I have teamed up with two great referral options for animal and human lovers.

Symbolic Giraffe Adoptions support, use e-FTW's link: http://ts.la/alexandre750

Donation to the very nice homeless man on 5th (per my post above) in Nashville use mine: http://ts.la/john9342

Reactions: e-FTW
For those who have accumulated 10 referrals with the current program ending on Oct 15th to qualify for an invitation to the next Tesla unveiling event, the next unveiling event happens to be on the 17th. That's a bit short notice isn't it? I sure hope they are planning invites for an unveiling later than that sometime... Any thoughts?

I don't consider those invites to be much of a reward to be honest. I don't have the time to fly all the way there, to attend a boring party, especially when you can catch all the details online anyway. Those invites cost Tesla almost nothing. And forget "my investment of time", they don't even pay for your travel. You'd think for 10 referrals they'd pony up a decent reward.

So far, I've referred close to 150 teslas (yeah you'll never know who I really am). I think I'm done with the referral program, I just don't feel it's worth the effort.

Reactions: Steve S
I don't consider those invites to be much of a reward to be honest. I don't have the time to fly all the way there, to attend a boring party, especially when you can catch all the details online anyway. Those invites cost Tesla almost nothing. And forget "my investment of time", they don't even pay for your travel. You'd think for 10 referrals they'd pony up a decent reward.

Well, I wouldn't call them "boring". The M3 reveal party was *amazing*. Much smaller than the massive Gigafactory Giga-party. You could actually get food and drinks without waiting in a monstrous line. And there were no sandstorms passing through L.A. :)

But I agree, the "next unveiling invite" for 10 referrals was just a throw-away. I'm not sure why they did it. Make 10 referrals a real prize. Or make 5 referrals the invite, and 10 the wheels.

Well, I wouldn't call them "boring". The M3 reveal party was *amazing*. Much smaller than the massive Gigafactory Giga-party. You could actually get food and drinks without waiting in a monstrous line. And there were no sandstorms passing through L.A. :)

But I agree, the "next unveiling invite" for 10 referrals was just a throw-away. I'm not sure why they did it. Make 10 referrals a real prize. Or make 5 referrals the invite, and 10 the wheels.
I think it's because so many got 5 on the last referral program only to have 1 cancel and then they didn't get the wheels. By allowing you to get more than 5 now, there's a much better chance of locking in at least 5 referrals and getting the wheels. It would be nice if they didn't have a maximum as I'm sure some could provide scores of referrals. If some cancelled, they could just use one of the others in the queue.

Oh, I'm sure that's why they did it. But all they needed to do was increase the maximum allowed, they didn't "need" an additional prize at 10. That's why I'm saying it was just a throw-in to have something there.

Making the prize for 10 referrals the invite was pretty lame compared to the previous referral programs and the wheels prize at 5.

Well, I wouldn't call them "boring". The M3 reveal party was *amazing*. Much smaller than the massive Gigafactory Giga-party. You could actually get food and drinks without waiting in a monstrous line..

Dude, I can get pretty amazing food at home, and there is never a line here. :)

I agree, they put 10 - as a way to go over 5, as you suggest. And I also agree that capping it at 10 is a good idea.
The initial reward programs, a few people hit even 100 and some in a very iffy way (like buying google adwords etc) - sort of prevents others from playing on a level field.

Here is what burns me, for the # of Tesla's I've sold for them, they can easily give me a free new car.
But all I have to date, is the referral credit ($1000/car) in the first referral program ~ which cost them nothing so far.

I should have qualified for the powerwall - but they recorded my last referral 25 mins too late. The order was placed before the deadline went over.
I should have qualified for wheels, but for some strange reason I didn't.

I emailed Tesla NUMEROUS times, and never got a straight reply. Screw this!

I'm feeling a bit miffed by the whole experience, so I'm gonna invest my time and effort elsewhere.

Last edited:
Dude, I can get pretty amazing food at home, and there is never a line here. :)

I agree, they put 10 - as a way to go over 5, as you suggest. And I also agree that capping it at 10 is a good idea.
The initial reward programs, a few people hit even 100 and some in a very iffy way (like buying google adwords etc) - sort of prevents others from playing on a level field.

Here is what burns me, for the # of Tesla's I've sold for them, they can easily give me a free new car.
But all I have to date, is the referral credit ($1000/car) in the first referral program ~ which cost them nothing so far.

I should have qualified for the powerwall - but they recorded my last referral 25 mins too late.
I should have qualified for wheels, but for some strange reason I didn't.

I emailed Tesla NUMEROUS times, and never got a straight reply. Screw this!

I'm feeling a bit miffed by the whole experience, so I'm gonna invest my time and effort elsewhere.
How on Earth do you generate 150 referrals without buying ads, billboards, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.