Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me cynical, but I have never seen Tesla announce the car lottery winner for the past rounds of the program. Nor has anyone posted on the forums having won it. Fishy when there is no public drawing or announcement.

Tesla has given away several cars in several regions under past referral programs, but no one has ever posted something acknowledging their win. Am I crazy to be suspicious?

Tesla has given away several cars in several regions under past referral programs, but no one has ever posted something acknowledging their win. Am I crazy to be suspicious?

I was wondering if there is some sort of NDA they are invoking on these winners that won cars. I can't understand why however. If I won, I would be doing a happy dance on these forums. Surely at least one of the winners is active in the forums.

http://ts.la/brad4061

Maybe they're working out some legal issues before offering the US powerwall at 7 referrals.

They gave them out in prior programs in the US so that would be weird. That said, I never got the two that I won so I finally took the $3500 as a discount on a new car instead.

I was wondering if there is some sort of NDA they are invoking on these winners that won cars. I can't understand why however. If I won, I would be doing a happy dance on these forums. Surely at least one of the winners is active in the forums

I don't know how they could do that after they notify you of winning. Something is fishy here.

Are you able to use your own referal code if you want to buy a new Tesla vehicle?

Yes. I did it on an inventory car a few weeks ago. I had to have my DS at Tesla manually enter the code. Maybe it can be done from the start of your order without manually entering it.

Just noticed the Virginia and Ohio exclusion language! Darn - I had 5 in the last round but have already been to Gigafactory opening and got the survey for the wheels and jacket ... so that's for naught and we'll get nada?
I believe the exclusion for Virginia and Ohio was also in the fine print for the referral program that just ended.

As for why there are no Powerwall prizes in the US, maybe it's because we have a larger market and it is easier to hit 7 referrals than it is in smaller countries? I'm bummed that there is no Powerwall prize offered in the US this time as we have a couple walls in the garage ready for installation. :(

i'm gonna say this referral period is going to take a dive in referrals due to the weaker program in the USA. i referred 6 last period cause i didnt want 10. This period, i might go for 2 or 3, but the 5 and 10 have no value to me...

No value? Not even a 1 in 25,000 chance to win a P90DL Model X for each referral? If you have 10 referrals, that's a 1 in 2500 chance. Not bad, actually.

Even if there were no prizes at all, and one had the chance to deliver 10 referrals, that should be interest enough. But don't do the referrals, that increases our chances!

But as others have said, has anyone actually won them the previous two rounds?

No value? Not even a 1 in 25,000 chance to win a P90DL Model X for each referral? If you have 10 referrals, that's a 1 in 2500 chance. Not bad, actually.

Even if there were no prizes at all, and one had the chance to deliver 10 referrals, that should be interest enough. But don't do the referrals, that increases our chances!

I've maxed out 2 consecutive referral programs and have not won the "grand prize" nor have seen or heard of anyone winning either. So unless they have a live drawing and pull a ball or paper out with the winning referrer link on it I think the grand prize is smoke and mirrors way to get people to participate. Additionally with all the new owners per the stellar Q3 those odds go down quite a bit.

I miss the initial referral program with credit to the referrer so everybody wins no matter how many or how few referrals you make.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I've maxed out 2 consecutive referral programs and have not won the "grand prize" nor have seen or heard of anyone winning either. So unless they have a live drawing and pull a ball or paper out with the winning referrer link on it I think the grand prize is smoke and mirrors way to get people to participate. Additionally with all the new owners per the stellar Q3 those odds go down quite a bit.

I miss the initial referral program with credit to the referrer so everybody wins no matter how many or how few referrals you make.

Well, we know Bjørn won a Model X in the first round. Maybe the others just don't want to be in the limelight? Maybe the people who won turned down the offer due to the tax ramifications? There are a lot of likely possibilities other than Tesla is lying about the existence of a grand prize.

posting a referral link is one thing, but actively promoting and helping sell cars, ie 10, that's another story... the work outweighs the reward. that's what i'm referring to. As i mentioned, 10 cars is 1 million is sales revenue. Lets just say that any sales position, that can sell 1 million in revenue, what would the commission on something like that be? 2%? 5%? etc...

i'm guessing most of us who own teslas are doing ok financially, we value our time quite a bit as that is the only resource we cannot buy.

1/2500 = $64/$160,000. That means my 10 referrals is equal to roughly $64 dollars in drawing value...

Status
Not open for further replies.