Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know Bjørn won a Model X in the first round. Maybe the others just don't want to be in the limelight? Maybe the people who won turned down the offer due to the tax ramifications? There are a lot of likely possibilities other than Tesla is lying about the existence of a grand prize.

Thats the referral program that I am referring to, the one that gave credits and the first to 10 in each region got a free Model X, Bjorn won for Europe and Brooks Dragtimes won for the US. It was a very transparent competition and everyone who had the Tesla App could see who was at what position.

Now they have a drawing and we don't know when or where it takes place and cannot see who won. I am not saying they are lying about the grand prize Im saying that perhaps there is no drawing and they just decide at random who to "gift" the car to based on other factors. Otherwise there would be a live drawing that everyone could see, and in the interest of anonymity they could just use the referral link to identify the winner instead of their real name. I have personally seen non-tesla events where a Tesla was raffled off based on purchased raffle tickets and to see a name picked out of a bucket is more satisfying then not knowing anything unless you won.

Thats the referral program that I am referring to, the one that gave credits and the first to 10 in each region got a free Model X, Bjorn won for Europe and Brooks Dragtimes won for the US. It was a very transparent competition and everyone who had the Tesla App could see who was at what position.

Now they have a drawing and we don't know when or where it takes place and cannot see who won. I am not saying they are lying about the grand prize Im saying that perhaps there is no drawing and they just decide at random who to "gift" the car to based on other factors. Otherwise there would be a live drawing that everyone could see, and in the interest of anonymity they could just use the referral link to identify the winner instead of their real name. I have personally seen non-tesla events where a Tesla was raffled off based on purchased raffle tickets and to see a name picked out of a bucket is more satisfying then not knowing anything unless you won.

I agree that there should be a way to show that it is at random. It's quite odd that besides bjorn we don't know of any other winners. Some tweet or post of someone happy they have won. Maybe there is an NDA, the winners are private about the win, or the winner can be tied to an unethical win. I had 5 referrals Q2 and missed out on the rims because they said someone cancelled. Q3 I had 10 so fine this time I should get the rims. If I do win the car, which is the main reason I am putting the effort to max out every time, then I will post unless there is an NDA. I really doubt there is one but anything is possible. If 23,000 cars were sold with a link, then the odds are really not bad for anyone.

I hope one of us wins and gets to brag here. Please be me

So here's a question. If you have a Tesla on order, delivering in a couple of weeks, and they announce autopilot 2.0, so you burn your deposit and order a new Tesla with autopilot 2.0, can you use your own referral code from the old car?

Some people have reported being able to use their own code, but it's inconsistent. Also, referral codes aren't linked to specific cars, they are linked to your account. So if you have one now on the MyTesla page, that's your code going forward. I don't think it will change if you cancel and re-order. It's just up to the sales associates to allow you to use your own code. Just give them the code, don't say it's your own and see what happens.

For past drawing winners, I don't see how they could do an NDA. What, do they call you to say you won and then ask you to sign something?

I remember back to those McDonald's Monopoly contests when I was a kid only later to find out the factory works making the tickets would follow them to a given store and "win." How I tried to win, only later to find out it was rigged from the start.

No value? Not even a 1 in 25,000 chance to win a P90DL Model X for each referral?

But as others have said, has anyone actually won them the previous two rounds?

I've grown very skeptical... Previous round I had five referrals.. email survey stopped at the weekend bag.

This round just ended, again five. We shall see.

BTW... still have yet to see or hear anything from Tesla on the bag.

As for the prize vehicle, I tend to think it gets won by insiders or those who benefit Tesla sales ... aka YouTube folks. No transparency, no lists, no nothing.

with the new announcement, here comes all the cancellations... if tesla screws me out of my reward i'm done with teslas...

Especially true since Tesla gets $2500 with each cancellation, they can pay out the fairly modest prizes even if there is a cancellation. I understand when they were giving $1000 in Tesla Dollars, but why deny a tote bag?

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Status
Not open for further replies.