Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting they added some more information for the latest round. They also have benefits stretching over all the programs for the year. I doubt I will be anywhere near the first person in the North American region to get 20+ referrals for the year, though it would be nice.

Thank you to the 6 who used my code in the last round. I hope you get the best quality cars off the line this quarter!

My code for anyone who might want to use it:
Referral | Tesla

There are so many Tesla owners now it's pretty tough to win anything. The real winners are prospective Tesla buyers who 1. Are buying the best car ever 2. Can save another $1000 on their purchase.

Very true. It's been seven months now and I'm still amazed at this car though I bought during one of the few times in the last year there wasn't an incentive program going on..

Wow, way to go Tesla! Very interesting information revealed in the history pages.

Like in the very first referral program, I had five referrals, and got the $1000/referral credit but was bummed/curious why I didn't also get the Powerwall 1... turns out that 2 out of the 5 awarded referrals cancelled. Now I'm not so miffed anymore, given that I still got the service credit.

And what I posted last week about earning a few more referrals above the limit (due to the browser cookie) seems to be true. In the last round, I see 11 referrals, and one cancel. In the round before that, I see 13 referrals, and 2 cancels (so 11 total confirmed referrals).

Reactions: e-FTW
I love that they finally give us some insights on the status of our referrals. Not knowing if someone's cancelled and cost you your set of Arachnids is painful. And I'm happy to say I have actually already secured both sets. In the round from May to July I actually have six confirmed delivered referrals (must be something with the cookies as @HankLloydRight mentions above) and in the round from July to October I have eight cars delivered so far, with two still pending (probably postponed deliveries) and two cancelled (think they were cancelled before the end of the program though).

The only question then is when they'll actually start shipping the wheels... No rush for me, I'll be driving on my winter tires until April anyway, but it would be neat not to have to change back to my old summer tires and then to Arachnids.

All, check out the referral program page on your tesla profile. It now has past referrals and what happened to them. Also powerwall with 5 referrals. And finally a cumulative referral awards. Pretty cool.

Nice that they now show us who used our link and if they have been delivered. They even include results for all previous referral programs. Thanks for this information, Tesla!

Glad to see they now have a Referral program summary :cool:
Now if I could remember the awards from earlier programs ... does anyone have a list?

upload_2017-1-16_7-31-48.png

• Informative
Reactions: Reeler
I know I won't get 7+ referrals, but can someone refresh my memory.... did they invite referrers to the Model X delivery event? How far in advance was the Model X referral quarter compared to the actual event? I'm just trying to correlate the time to see if we can get a better idea of when the 3's will be rolling off the delivery line.

I know I won't get 7+ referrals, but can someone refresh my memory.... did they invite referrers to the Model X delivery event?

No.

How far in advance was the Model X referral quarter compared to the actual event?

For the Gigafactory event, they announced it about a week prior (maybe two weeks) and they sent invitations to the referral award winners who had to scramble to make travel arrangements if they wanted to go.

I'm just trying to correlate the time to see if we can get a better idea of when the 3's will be rolling off the delivery line.

Not anytime soon. I don't think Tesla even knows that.

Reactions: skitch23
I think I found a typo or at least a lack of clarity in the limits section of the new referral program.

The new program has awards up to 7 per quarter, and at 15,20 for the year. However, the limit section says there is a limit of 8 referrals per owner.

So, either:

1/ The limit should no longer be 8
2/ The limit should be 8 per owner per quarter. This means that the soonest the Model S/X at 20 referrals award can be achieved is in 3Q17.

I think it's pretty clear:

Current Phase
Owners can refer up to 8 friends during the current phase of the program, lasting from January 16 to March 15, 2017.

7+ Qualifying Referrals

It's a limit of 8 per quarter (or at least 8 referrals this quarter). The top award is "7+" (meaning 7 or 8 referrals).

Yes, for the annual awards, there's no way to get 15,20 until Q3. Like @jaipurking said above:

You can only refer up to 8 people in this round. That means there would be no race in this round.

New prizes are cool, but one of the benefits of 15+ referrals has me a little concerned:

Those who make 15 qualifying referrals will receive exclusive priority access and benefits lasting until December 31, 2018, including:

• VIP Concierge - 24/7 access via phone for assistance with all ownership matters

Does that mean that there will be an additional (presumably paid) tier of service in the future? I don't see Tesla as the type of company that would promote services that luxury automakers offer (ie MB's mbrace Concierge) for dining and show reservations.

Does that mean that there will be an additional (presumably paid) tier of service in the future? I don't see Tesla as the type of company that would promote services that luxury automakers offer (ie MB's mbrace Concierge) for dining and show reservations.

I think it's just "VIP Concierge" access for Tesla ownership matters.. not the luxury concierge services that credit cards get you to find tickets, make reservations, etc.

Seeing the names of the people your referred is also pretty cool. Helps close the loop, and identify that flake that cancelled. ;-)

I totally want in this round! I need to get to 7, and will work for it. I still like the idea of setting up office hours where we are available in chat. The folks we help get to know us, use our link and get the best car ever.

I might need to go beyond giraffes...

Status
Not open for further replies.