Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we able to refer friends from different regions or are referrals confined to your own region?
referrals are not confined to your own region, they can be anywhere.

btw it's great that Tesla lists your past referral details now, and is now also giving cumulative annual awards.

I see now that I had more referrals last year than I thought - got 6, though also 1 cancellation. unfortunately they were spread out over several referral periods, only hit the 2 threshold once :(

Do we know some of the previous winners the last time Tesla had a referral competition?

Tesla doesn't announce them so if they don't out themselves we won't know who they are.

Are we able to refer friends from different regions or are referrals confined to your own region?

The codes can be used anywhere in the world Teslas are sold, they have no restrictions in that regard. The recipient gets whatever reward is given in that market. For example I think it's 800 pounds in the UK and $1200 in Canada.

Seeing the names of the people your referred is also pretty cool. Helps close the loop, and identify that flake that cancelled. ;-)

Agreed ... the names have been obscured to protect those who cancelled from retribution :cool:

Anyone care to guess what happened to the Order on 7/29/16 ... still not delivered after 6 months? :eek:

upload_2017-1-16_19-48-57.png

Reactions: e-FTW
Those who make 15 qualifying referrals will receive exclusive priority access and benefits lasting until December 31, 2018, including:
  • VIP Concierge - 24/7 access via phone for assistance with all ownership matters
I want this prize so I can call all the time to find out where my rims are. ;)

The new dashboard is great. In the last three programs I had cancellations so lost out on a set of rims. Don't get any tickets to any unveilings either because of cancellations.

I am glad the new round doesn't have a prize at the max level. Good to have a few extras on top of the highest prize. For the last round, I have three cancellations already with one order undelivered so hope the last guy doesn't cancel or I will loose my Powerwall.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Excited about the new referral program. I like transparency.

I have my first kid on the way (due in April) and so my goal is to get 3 referrals for that totally awesome electric mini Tesla from Radio Flyer.
I got 3 referrals last program, and 7 before that...so 3 should be obtainable.
...only problem is..i have no idea how i got that many referrals!

Here's my shot in the dark!

Referral | Tesla Tesla referral. Or use code buddy1284.

I'm so bummed. Looks like I had 2 cancelations for the May-July program where I won the wheels. I never heard anything from Tesla stating otherwise and that I wasn't getting them. That upsets me more. I also received the trinkets a week or so ago for a delay in prizes. I'm just confused now.

Or did they combine the program with the next program From July to Oct and I will still get them?

Referral | Tesla

Last edited:
You're not alone -- this has happened to a lot of people. The referral program has had a lot of growing pains such that in the Q2 program, the limit was 5 referrals, so if anyone had just one cancellation, they're now not getting the wheels. They've since then fixed that with having a higher limit, but still, yeah, it sucks. I had 5 referrals in the very first program and supposedly won the Powerwall, but now I can see I had two cancellations, so guess what? No Powerwall. :(

You're not alone -- this has happened to a lot of people. The referral program has had a lot of growing pains such that in the Q2 program, the limit was 5 referrals, so if anyone had just one cancellation, they're now not getting the wheels. They've since then fixed that with having a higher limit, but still, yeah, it sucks. I had 5 referrals in the very first program and supposedly won the Powerwall, but now I can see I had two cancellations, so guess what? No Powerwall. :(

That's a bummer Hank. I'm hoping That they combined the two when they extended it. I haven't heard anything. So disappointed.

The concept that the referral period is just one quarter, that ends, and then another starts is, in my opinion, a silly one that doesn't really help anyone, including Tesla. Now bear in mind, I've never actually made a referral, (though I have probably helped sell some cars), so I don't really have a dog in this fight. But hear me out.

From Tesla's standpoint, sure--the artificial time periods make it less likely someone will earn the prizes. But is that really in their best long-term interest? Some of the best referrers may simply become frustrated and stop trying to refer. Clearly that's not good for Tesla.

The prizes are trinkets as compared to the business brought in to earn them. Would it really hurt Tesla to let referrers bank their referrals, and cash them in at whatever prize level they like, whenever they like?

If I had made one referral last quarter, it would have been worthless to me, as the minimum reward was for two referrals. (Yes--I know I would have had one entry into some contest for a car or something. I put no value on that since the chances of winning were so small.) If I knew I could roll my referrals over, quarter to quarter, until I earned something I really wanted I might be more likely to try harder to refer people. It would be a win-win! More people trying to make referrals for Tesla, and happier referrers as well. And again, the increased cost to Tesla would be completely trivial as compared to the volume of business brought in.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure when the mid July program was ending they said they were extending it. I will have to look for the emails. Either way, if I lost out on the wheels, they should have called or emailed me. Everything I have been led to believe so far makes me believe I am still getting them, to include the trinket gifts apologizing for the delay of the gifts while I wait. Confusing indeed.

Ok on October 16 I received an email stating my wheels were being made. At that time I had two cancelations from the May-July 15 program, but also had 4 more places in the July 15 to Oct 15 program. Plenty to cover the wheels if it was indeed an extended program. Judging from the email and trinkets, it looks like I may still be good? I don't know. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.