Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same problem. I got the radio flyer link, but the code is "invalid". (I referred myself :p )

Let me know how to fix it. My daughter is about to outgrow the thing!

We referred ourselves, too! Unfortunately, in Virginia, Tesla is not allowed to award referral prizes. A lot of things are backward here in VA for electric cars. There is no incentive to purchase one, and that's a shame.

I was curious as to the current status of some of my rewards that are due, so I inquired, and was given the below response. I think some of you might find this informative.

Phase 5 (July 16th, 2016-October 15th, 2016)
Exclusive Tesla Weekender Bag: Currently shipping
Exclusive Tesla Owners Jacket: In Production, Shipping Late June/July
Custom Wheels (Silver, Black, Grey): Shipped to Service Centers in North America. You will receive a call for installation of the wheels once they arrive at the Service Center.
Phase 6 (October 16th, 2016-January 15th, 2017)
Exclusive Tesla Carry-On Luggage: In Production, Shipping Late June/July
Exclusive Tesla Thermal Owners Jacket: Currently shipping
Phase 7 (January 16th, 2017-March 15th 2017)
Exclusive Tesla Carry-On Luggage: Pre-Production, Shipping July/August
Founder Series Powerwall 2
Powerwall 2 units are currently in production and will begin shipping to recipients later this summer after an initial installation consultation.
Radio Flyer Model S for Kids
Qualified recipients will receive a unique redemption code and link to order a Model S for Kids after delivery threshold is met.
Timelines for Phase 8 (ending June 15th, 2017) will be announced one the period ends.
Phase 9 (ending December 31st, 2017) reward recipients will receive an email at each threshold with information regarding their reward.​

Just had our first powerwall delivered. Delivery guy was not happy.

upload_2017-6-13_18-8-31.png

EDIT: FALSE ALARM. IT WAS NOT THE POWERALL. IT WAS THE RADIO FLYER.

Last edited:
Just had our first powerwall delivered. Delivery guy was not happy.

View attachment 231206

Very nice. I'm more excited about the Powerwall than I am of my delayed Grey Arachnid wheels. It would great to receive this soon since I'm having an additional 4 Kw solar array installed next week. (I will have a total of 9Kw). Did you have to wait until solar city performed a survey or did it just arrive without being contacted?

Very nice. I'm more excited about the Powerwall than I am of my delayed Grey Arachnid wheels. It would great to receive this soon since I'm having an additional 4 Kw solar array installed next week. (I will have a total of 9Kw). Did you have to wait until solar city performed a survey or did it just arrive without being contacted?

Months ago, we all got a survey asking a few basic questions about it, but really it was name, address, contact info, etc. Nothing specific about the install needs. I know there are AC and DC PW2 versions, so I have no idea what this one is. I also gave them a different delivery address on the survey, but it just showed up at my home address anyway. Now I have to figure out how to ship it a few states away. I might just drive it there myself. We'll see.

Months ago, we all got a survey asking a few basic questions about it, but really it was name, address, contact info, etc. Nothing specific about the install needs. I know there are AC and DC PW2 versions, so I have no idea what this one is. I also gave them a different delivery address on the survey, but it just showed up at my home address anyway. Now I have to figure out how to ship it a few states away. I might just drive it there myself. We'll see.

I completed the survey you are referring to a few months ago as well. Buy I was expecting to be contacted by solar city to perform a site survey. I guess we will have to contact them directly to perform the installation. My understanding is that all of the units are AC versions only. I would prefer that anyway since they are supposed to be more efficient based on the documentation I've read. And the installation is much easier since it will not directly interact with the solar arrays I already have installed.

I thought it included installation in the prize. Wonder if it is red and signed.

Sorry, folks. False alarm. My wife texted me "your powerwall arrived" and sent me that pic. The box is nearly five feet tall.. and has this sticker on it.

upload_2017-6-13_20-6-50.png

When I got home, I went to see how heavy it was.. huh, not that heavy.. maybe 50 pounds? Until I look at the shipping label..

It's the Radio Flyer.

Sorry again. :/

P.S. For Sale. New Founder's Edition Radio Flyer mini-Tesla in Blue. New in Box. :)

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-13_20-6-21.png
    upload_2017-6-13_20-6-21.png
    437 KB · Views: 44
Sorry, folks. False alarm. My wife texted me "your powerwall arrived" and sent me that pic. The box is nearly five feet tall.. and has this sticker on it.

View attachment 231221

When I got home, I went to see how heavy it was.. huh, not that heavy.. maybe 50 pounds? Until I look at the shipping label..

It's the Radio Flyer.

Sorry again. :/

P.S. For Sale. New Founder's Edition Radio Flyer mini-Tesla in Blue. New in Box. :)
I *was* wondering how one UPS (or whatever) guy dragged a PW2 up the driveway.... :D
This page says 264 pounds/120 kg!

I *was* wondering how one UPS (or whatever) guy dragged a PW2 up the driveway.... :D
This page says 264 pounds/120 kg!

I know! I was wondering the same thing. My wife said he was tired and sweaty.. but that must have been because it's been over 90 degrees here today and it was the end of the day. It was also about to rain, so I rushed home to get it into my car.. wondering how I was going to move 250 pounds into the back hatch myself. When I got to the box, it was super light... I started thinking, maybe it's just the outer shell of the PW and the batteries are shipped under separate cover. But no, this has that LiIon battery label. Then I saw who sent it.

upload_2017-6-13_20-31-28.png

I was curious as to the current status of some of my rewards that are due, so I inquired, and was given the below response. I think some of you might find this informative.

Custom Wheels (Silver, Black, Grey): Shipped to Service Centers in North America. You will receive a call for installation of the wheels once they arrive at the Service Center.
Powerwall 2 units are currently in production and will begin shipping to recipients later this summer after an initial installation consultation.
Qualified recipients will receive a unique redemption code and link to order a Model S for Kids after delivery threshold is met.
Timelines for Phase 8 (ending June 15th, 2017) will be announced one the period ends.
Phase 9 (ending December 31st, 2017) reward recipients will receive an email at each threshold with information regarding their reward.​
Where did you inquire? I had a Model S ordered and delivered in the previous phase (March 15, 2017 - June 14th, 2017). Yet, I still don't have a redemption code from Tesla for the RadioFlyer. Anyone else who meets criteria still waiting?

Where did you inquire? I had a Model S ordered and delivered in the previous phase (March 15, 2017 - June 14th, 2017). Yet, I still don't have a redemption code from Tesla for the RadioFlyer. Anyone else who meets criteria still waiting?
That referral program hasn't actually ended yet so I think everyone is still waiting on those awards.

With the latest program, they actually send out notifications as car deliveries are made. We received a redemption code for the program running through the end of the year but not for the program ending June 15th.

Also, when was the order placed? On the previous program, you needed 3 orders for the Model S for kids. If the order was placed before May 19th, then it would only qualify on the first program. If the order was placed between May 19th and June 15th, then I think it qualifies for both.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: boaterva and emchen

For the person that you referred - what date was that order placed? If it was prior to May 19th you will not qualify for the Radio Flyer. I got that information directly from Tesla in an email I sent to them:

For referral rewards, Referrals received from March 16th-June 15th 2017 will count for Phase 8, and referrals received from May 19th-December 31st 2017 will count towards Phase 9 (and thus, show up in the app). Any referrals placed between May 19th and June 15th 2017 will count towards referral rewards for BOTH phases.

• Informative
Reactions: emchen and BLKMDL3

Very informative, they should publish this email to all owners that refer at the beginning of each Phase to keep them updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.