Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it says, “Available starting March 2018.”
Press “My Awards” in the loot box of the app.
4401C556-F1DC-47DB-9C94-F72E016C270E.jpeg

That is a ~5% hit to profits...

But is it really? What does the Next Gen Roadster actually cost Tesla to build (marginal cost), and how many referral winners would have bought one anyway if they weren't getting one for free (opportunity cost)?

If the marginal cost is $50k, and they give it away to someone who would not otherwise be buying one at full cost, it's not such a huge hit to profits (1%).

But is it really? What does the Next Gen Roadster actually cost Tesla to build (marginal cost), and how many referral winners would have bought one anyway if they weren't getting one for free (opportunity cost)?

If the marginal cost is $50k, and they give it away to someone who would not otherwise be buying one at full cost, it's not such a huge hit to profits (1%).

Hopefully they will benefit from the marketing and hype around the free cars :)

Reactions: NJ Plugin
Hello everyone! I have a Tesla Powerwall 2, a set of Arachnid Forged Wheels with installation and a Model S For Kids available for redemption from my referrals. I can not find a clear answer on when I need to redeem these awards by. Do I need to redeem it before December 31st, 2017, or can they be redeemed after January 1st, 2018 with no penalty? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere on Tesla's website nor on the program details terms and conditions. Thanks!

Press “My Awards” in the loot box of the app.
View attachment 269777

I'm one of the "5" referral guys on the list. But I don't see the "my awards" icon anywhere within the app. Within the loot box, I see a panel about the roadster, and another panel for solar.

Actually, I may have figured it out. I'm looking at the leaderboard now. My 5 referrals (3 delivered, 2 in production) aren't showing. But they are on the Tesla site under my account. So I suppose the site and the database aren't linking properly to the app. And that's why the "my awards" icon isn't showing.

I'm one of the "5" referral guys on the list. But I don't see the "my awards" icon anywhere within the app. Within the loot box, I see a panel about the roadster, and another panel for solar.

Actually, I may have figured it out. I'm looking at the leaderboard now. My 5 referrals (3 delivered, 2 in production) aren't showing. But they are on the Tesla site under my account. So I suppose the site and the database aren't linking properly to the app. And that's why the "my awards" icon isn't showing.

The app is not very good written. As you can see on the "leaderboard" part of the app. They are using a different API for this and it is not updating. I'm at 28 referrals but on the leaderboard I'm at 13. This is a different API than I'm using for the Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program

I don't know why they chose to use another API. The API from the webpage has the right info and is also the one I use for my Referrals Dashboard.

Referral-dash.jpg

I'm also thinking the "Founders Series" will just have a special emblem and some slight sporty upgrades nowhere near the 50K premium. In addition, they'll probably be selling more Roadsters to people who wouldn't have considered it without the discount.
Well everything about the referral program has been removed from the website and the app isn't pulling anything either.. But links still work. Looks like the 12/31 date in the code wasn't updated to January 31st.

Thanks. Erik

Thanks for posting this, just noticed this as well :(

The app is not very good written. As you can see on the "leaderboard" part of the app. They are using a different API for this and it is not updating. I'm at 28 referrals but on the leaderboard I'm at 13. This is a different API than I'm using for the Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program

I don't know why they chose to use another API. The API from the webpage has the right info and is also the one I use for my Referrals Dashboard.

View attachment 270112

Holy crap that's a lot of referrals!

• Funny
Reactions: nasatech
Status
Not open for further replies.