Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
about a month ago a person from tesla called me to schedule a delivery for the powerwalls. i said i preferred to keep one and either transfer the other to someoen else, they said no, but i could get a $5,500 credit each. Per the rep, i needed to use the credit within a few months as something about only 1 year valid from end of the referral program, but regardless i already had a tesla 3 ready to configure. I told the rep, i'll configure asap and then we can apply the credit. Rep said ok. Also per the rep, i must keep one of the 3 powerwalls. But i dont mind since i want the signed Elon one.

fast forward 3 weeks after ordering and i speak to the rep about getting everything squared away. I was also contacted by my delivery speicalist. I conference called both and they got everything going. It was a first for either of them, so it took 2 weeks between the different departments to properly apply the credit.

I would reach out to your powerwall contact first. I do not think i can share the contact to who i spoke to unless they say its ok since i'm guessing each referrer may have a different person handling their account.

You can contact the referral program email to get the ball rolling.
Did credit actually appear in your account?

Did credit actually appear in your account?

Screenshot_20180217-163817.png

I noticed this recently in the app under my awards showing the credit. I'm in canada so credit is a bit higher.

ok Arachnid question... dilemma

thought I had timed it perfectly, the need for tires and my rims on the way... BUT i went to discount tire to check existing tread depth sure that I would hear i was at less the 4/23nd... However... both fronts are still at 6/32nds and rears are at 5 and 7... (had to replace a flat a few months back...So in short way more tread than I thought and I am approaching 15K on this set which seems like a lot from what others say about staggered 21s...

Now my rims and tires are ready... with about 50% tread left on 3 of 4 tires If i switch them out now those tires could be "spares" but I would not likely get to them for a minimum of 18-24 months since these new ones have a higher life expectancy than the older Michelin pilots...this would make these tires more than 4 y/o

I don't want to sell the rims because when it is time to upgrade I am 90% sure it will be through a private sale and I would want to switch them back before that... I am cheap so the thought of not using the 50% tread is also troubling.. On the other hand i don't want to wait 6 months plus before I switch them over.

I thought about asking Tesla to mount my existing tires on the arachnids and either just giving me the other tires or (Ideally) giving me a credit on my account for 4 tires so they would be brand new when I was ready for them... (and I wouldn't have to store them) or do i just say to hell with it, they were free to begin with so move on...it is a good problem to have I imagine

opinions appreciated

Related question.. what it the best way to store rims and tires? laying flat not on the rubber I imagine but...Fully inflated, partially inflated?

thanks all

It took about 2 weeks to get it squared away, but I am picking up my Tesla 3 tomorrow with a $11,000 credit from trading in 2 out of my 3 powerwall credits.

Feels great to get the Tesla 3 with $11k off and then another $10.5k for tax rebates etc

To boot, i paid taxes on the car less the $11k, so that saved me 1k in taxes.

:D
Who was your Tesla Energy contact to do this. I've been working with a guy for over 3 months now who is "still looking into it." Im just trying to get 1 of my powerwalls turned into credit towards a solar system... Seem to be all about who you talk to.

I was able to switch my Solar Roof token for a HPWC. Initially they said that I couldn't, as my 2 referrals were from before they changed the program (even though it was an extension vs new program). Then later they came back and said that because my 2nd referral took delivery in the second program extension window (when they added the HPWC option) that I could in fact exchange the solar roof token for the HPWC (or I could take a second Radio Flyer Mini S). I opted for the HPWC even though they aren't shipping yet, so I've have been "added to the list" to get one when they do.

Don't expect to see it before well into summer, but that's just me assuming it'll ship in "Tesla Time".

Had my 21 inch Arachnid wheels installed yesterday. Interesting thing happened, though. This morning, when I was driving to work, the Tire Pressure System alert came up stating that I need servicing. Maybe the sensors are not compatible with my old MS.

There are two different versions of the sensors (gen 1 and gen 2). You mentioned your “old MS”. If it did not have the actual pressure for each tire displayed, then they were Gen 1. Gen 2 system show the pressure (I.e. 45lbs). The new wheels probably shipped with Gen 2. You can look at the part number on the invoice or ask your SC.

I think the vin range for the switch over from Gen 1 to 2 was VIN 50900+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.