Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tko. you might need to reset your tpms. Its on a settings screen. Did they put new sensors on all 4? Generally, they are compatible. But they might have forgotten to reset them for you after installed.
Actually the Service Center sent a mobile ranger after they checked the log. It turned out that because after the installation, the old wheels were in the car when i got my MS back. When I got home, I took the old ones out. When I drive out the next day, the TPS was looking for the old wheels. All the ranger needed to do is reset it from a plug in under the dash cubby. It works great now.

I need just one more referral for a Powerwall this round, but my parents, friends, neighbors and coworkers either already have or ordered a Model S or X, are waiting for a Model 3, or are just not ready for an EV.

This last one is going to be extra tough. If anyone needs a code I'd be very grateful if you used mine (PM me).

So. Your new wheels had new sensors, Gen 2 like Robotpdlr was describing? And your old wheels still had the sensors on them? When they were removed from the car, your car "missed" them? The ranger must have had to reset your car because the old sensors were still present when the wheels were in the car, and when removed from the trunk and you drove off, the car decided something was wrong. The new sensors were working okay and therefore didn't have a problem to report.

So. Your new wheels had new sensors, Gen 2 like Robotpdlr was describing? And your old wheels still had the sensors on them? When they were removed from the car, your car "missed" them? The ranger must have had to reset your car because the old sensors were still present when the wheels were in the car, and when removed from the trunk and you drove off, the car decided something was wrong. The new sensors were working okay and therefore didn't have a problem to report.
Yep.

I'm still waiting to hear back after submitting my 22" wheels referral order late last year. Also still waiting on contact for Powerwall, although the last email I got said they would start in March 2018, so we'll see.....

I still haven't received the email just to submit my choice of rims! It's been almost 4 months since my 3rd referral took delivery. Sent an email to one of the top guys in the referral program and though he asked his people to resolve the hold-up, it's 3 weeks later and still haven't heard anything. :( I know how overwhelmed Tesla corp staff is, but am so disenchanted to say the least. Venting over for now....

Unfortunately, it's Tesla time, plus add in Hawaiian time.... it ends up being an OMG long time... but after submitting the request my set was here in about 30 days...

I just realized the dates are order dates and not delivery dates posted on the site... so my earlier post is wrong about the timeframe... i am not sure how long after delivery I got the email.... of him taking delivery...

Last edited:
Reactions: nanimac
Wait for the Tesla Energy people to call you. Then ask for the credit. It's $5,500.
I need to find a new contact. My Tesla Energy guy has spent 3 months researching this answer for me and still no decision. Granted the Powerwalls are still months away so I got time to spare. However tesla knowing how many signature red Powerwalls they really need would be useful information to them...

Ok a couple more Arachnid questions...

Had them installed today!!!

got almost all the way home and then I get a warning light that tire pressure sensors not working... Now I have to take it back to get them reprogrammed.

Also I had heard that they update your screen and app to show the arachnid wheels but both of mine still show the 21s... how do i get that changed... I have seen captures of others having is done..

Lastly and probably most importantly, I was stacking my 21s in my storage room and noticed that the back left tire which had just between 4 and 5 32nds on it was showing cords on the very inside edge... the car had the 12k service right before I got it and i had the 25K service as well. So now I am worried i have a camber issue on that wheel... don't want the new tire to wear like that. I don't know if it got that way before I get the 25K service done or since then... the right rear was replaced more recently due to an altercation with a pot hole but it does seem to be more evenly worn which makes me hopeful that the damage was done to that tire prior to the last service.

So Tesla called me back and let me know that the front tire sensors need to be reprogrammed and while it is there they will double check my alignment and camber... But I have to drop it off on Monday and get a loaner for a day or so. Of course I am out of town on Monday so now my wife hates me for making her take the car over there... LOL

So for the weekend I have a bad ass looking car with brand new Arachnids and a big old warning light on the dashboard... LOL

Looks like it is time to go earn the powerwall!!!

PS... the new service center that opened last Saturday in Las Vegas is really sweet... and there we no less than 7 model 3s there this morning. Check it out!!

Attachments

• Arachnids.jpg
    Arachnids.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 66
  • LR tire.jpg
    LR tire.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Mokuzai
Status
Not open for further replies.