Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercharging isn't coming back supposedly, but on average they say most people won't use more than $200 worth of supercharging in their lifetime anyways. With the current referral bonus of $100, that should give enough for a solid road trip. I am looking for another referral to complete my 5 out of 5 for this quarter, so if someone is interested in purchasing an S, X or P3D, PM me and we can work something out to get you "free supercharging for a year"

• Disagree
Reactions: Amit519
Supercharging isn't coming back supposedly, but on average they say most people won't use more than $200 worth of supercharging in their lifetime anyways. With the current referral bonus of $100, that should give enough for a solid road trip. I am looking for another referral to complete my 5 out of 5 for this quarter, so if someone is interested in purchasing an S, X or P3D, PM me and we can work something out to get you "free supercharging for a year"

At the prices for supercharging in the west coast states ($0.24-$0.26/KWH) that's about 800 KWH of supercharging. That's about 2400 miles in a Model S, a little more in some Model 3 versions. That's close to one round trip for me to my family in California. A lot of people take longer road trips than that, or take numerous short trips.

The cost per mile with supercharging is still cheaper than most ICE vehicles, but it isn't super cheap either.

The $100 free supercharging deal is basically the same as the 400 KWH per year you get free with the Model S and X.
Supercharging

So those of you on the secret level to the roadster. If tesla decide to end the referral program and you have let's say 40% off the new roadster but for some financial reason can't purchase car (as you don't have the cash to purchase the 60% value), do you think tesla will convert it to some kind of credit to spend on a 3, s or x? or do you think you will you loose the whole discount amount?

So those of you on the secret level to the roadster. If tesla decide to end the referral program and you have let's say 40% off the new roadster but for some financial reason can't purchase car (as you don't have the cash to purchase the 60% value), do you think tesla will convert it to some kind of credit to spend on a 3, s or x? or do you think you will you loose the whole discount amount?

I would only guess that they would not convert it to a credit for some other car, but you may be able to 'sell' the credit at a discount to a future Roadster buyer.

What evidence do you have for this? Besides the dropping of FUSC to $100 worth?

I found the Tweet from Sept 17 where he said "it" is not long-term sustainable. I thought initially he was referring to the entire referral program, but upon re-reading it I think he was just referring to free lifetime supercharging.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Looks like they updated the awards starting October 5th:

1 Qualifying Referral:
Launch Your Photo into Deep Space Orbit
We’ll laser-etch any image onto glass and send it into deep space orbit for millions of years. Refer more friends while you wait for an alien race to discover your payload.

2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their second referral.

• Signature Black Wall Connector
    This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature.
  • Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience of this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system and a charge port, just like yours. You can configure the Model S for Kids to keep or donate it to a local children’s charity.
3 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.

• 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X
    Enhance the performance of your Tesla with these exclusive wheels.
  • One Week with Model S or Model X
    Experience a new Model S or Model X for one week—at home or on the road. If you do not use this award, this exclusive test drive may be given to a friend.
4 Qualifying Referrals:
Priority Access to Vehicle Software Updates
Be the first to experience the latest Tesla software updates with priority access to selected releases.

5 Qualifying Referrals:
Tesla Unveiling Invitation
Experience an official unveiling event. Owners who reach five referral orders will be invited to a future unveiling event. Your VIP invitation will be valid for you and one guest.

• Informative
Reactions: Mokuzai and MP3Mike
How do you know it doesn't reset the counter?
From the referral info page it's pretty clear based on the "before May 19th 2017" comment:

Limits
Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and December 10, 2018. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after October 4, 2018 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above. Referral orders placed between September 19, 2018 and October 4, 2018 will be eligible for prior vehicle awards. Related solar energy system order must be placed between September 28, 2017 and December 10, 2018. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered and solar energy system must be installed to qualify for awards. Used vehicles are not eligible. New, leased vehicles are eligible. All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required. Solar Roof is not eligible for the extended limited warranty. Limit of 5 referrals per owner. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Referral codes may be shared and applied in any country where Model S, Model X, Model 3 and Tesla solar energy systems are available, in accordance with local terms and conditions. Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the referral vehicle delivery date or solar installation date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories, or new Tesla products. Referral credits can not be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments. Free unlimited Supercharging and Supercharging credits will only apply to the original vehicle owner and for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

From the referral info page it's pretty clear based on the "before May 19th 2017" comment:

Limits
Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and December 10, 2018. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after October 4, 2018 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above. Referral orders placed between September 19, 2018 and October 4, 2018 will be eligible for prior vehicle awards. Related solar energy system order must be placed between September 28, 2017 and December 10, 2018. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered and solar energy system must be installed to qualify for awards. Used vehicles are not eligible. New, leased vehicles are eligible. All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required. Solar Roof is not eligible for the extended limited warranty. Limit of 5 referrals per owner. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Referral codes may be shared and applied in any country where Model S, Model X, Model 3 and Tesla solar energy systems are available, in accordance with local terms and conditions. Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the referral vehicle delivery date or solar installation date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories, or new Tesla products. Referral credits can not be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments. Free unlimited Supercharging and Supercharging credits will only apply to the original vehicle owner and for the duration of original vehicle ownership.
I think the language is ambiguous, but I guess we can wait and see tmrw if the counter reset for me

Status
Not open for further replies.