Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a older lady who doesn’t know the rules on this forum. I see your putting your referral codes here, so I will also put mine and this is my reason for doing so. I ordered a model 3, no referral used cuz I was not informed. Traded that one in on a p3, told my advisor to make sure my referral code was put on the second car, he didn’t do it. I was very upset, cuz, I wanted the code I deserved. They said, there’s nothing they can do after delivery. So if anyone is willing to help a 69 year old lady, I will be very grateful. It’s. ts.la/ed70971. You now get 9 months free charging. Thx. Happy motoring to all!
Ha. First 69yr old I hear using the word “cuz”. Props, but we’re not all hipsters here :D

Finally!!
Tesla laid it out clearly in the referral program:

"Not OK:
  • Paying or offering incentives for use of your code"
This should now hopefully put an end to all the HPWC, kids roadster, special incentives, charitable donations, etc, etc. that Tesla owners had been pushing on TMC for the use of their referral codes.
I'm so glad that I always chose to never incentivize the use of my code in any way.
Thank you Tesla.

Does anyone know if "Offering Incentives" includes offering a "Ride or Drive in the Roadster" for someone to use a code?

Technically, I guess it could be considered an incentive...but a ride is just an "experience" and has Zero Cash value and to me seems different than actually paying someone (clearly wrong) or giving them a Kids Model S or Charger or other actual prizes. Offering "help with your purchase" could also be considered an incentive if you wanted to get really picky... so just trying to see where the line is here??

It seems like a LOT of the big YouTubers have "rides/drives" planned for those that used their codes (and as someone who has done two 48 State Road Trips already, I had planned to do the same also if I get lucky enough to win one - I'm at 30% off now). I can't see Tesla denying those deserving YouTubers who spent so much time and effort to earn those referrals because of a "Thank You Tour" to the people that used their codes.

Thoughts?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Has anyone been able to claim more than 1 wheel award for through multiple referral programs? I.e. if you get a wheel award on the on referral program, does it referral system reset on the next wave and you can claim a wheel award again (if you hit the # of requisite referrals in the new period)?

Has anyone been able to claim more than 1 wheel award for through multiple referral programs? I.e. if you get a wheel award on the on referral program, does it referral system reset on the next wave and you can claim a wheel award again (if you hit the # of requisite referrals in the new period)?
Yes, every time they reset the program your referral count drops back to zero and you can start again... but they haven't restarted it in quite some time.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jedi2155
Yes, every time they reset the program your referral count drops back to zero and you can start again... but they haven't restarted it in quite some time.

I thought each these periods is a restart? I was about to sell one my referral wheel set, but then they announced the Model 3 Performance wheels as an option which makes me hesitant if it doesn't reset and I get 3 more referrals.

I got all my previous referrals from the 9-19 to 12-23-2018 period.
upload_2019-1-14_15-3-33.png

Does anyone know if "Offering Incentives" includes offering a "Ride or Drive in the Roadster" for someone to use a code?

I dont have a Roadster, but isn’t offering a ride or drive exactly what the referral program is about? Telling and showing people what Tesla is about, in a non-pushy manner - the real world test drive and education.

They get free supercharging, or whatever the current offer is...any other incentive is sales-ey and spammy

Status
Not open for further replies.