Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any clarification that the referral roadster discount can be used on the base model and not only the founders edition? Or can the credit be used on any other Tesla’s ?
According to the app, it's a "Founders Series Roadster Discount" so at this time, I wouldn't think it would work for a regular roadster. I haven't heard of it being available for other models yet.

Reactions: autonomous
Has there been any clarification that the referral roadster discount can be used on the base model and not only the founders edition? Or can the credit be used on any other Tesla’s ?

If I recall correctly for the S&X a founder's edition set the price and gave you access to all available options. You could select whichever options you wanted but the price was the same regardless of if you ordered a stripped or a fully loaded car. (But in all cases you got the Founder's branding on the car.)

I would expect it to work similarly for the Roadster.

Reactions: autonomous
My opinion...
I don’t think it works as production scales with the Model 3. Initially Model 3s were not allowed to use referral codes for orders. Now they can give and get referral codes, causing explosive growth in the program. Tesla has likely projected the growth/cost over time and are taking steps to ensure future profitability.

Also, free Supercharging is unsustainable at present with the influx of Model 3s that are now pushing Supercharger capacity to the max at peak travel times. (Holiday weekends...) Compare the Supercharger traffic at the Kettleman City Supercharger in these 2 videos I posted. Insane difference, one year later.

Tesla seems to agree... https://electrek.co/2019/01/18/tesla-increases-supercharger-prices/

Last year, Tesla already increased Supercharger costs in the US. In some places, the increase was as much as 100 percent – though most regions saw their rates increase by 20 to 40 percent. This time around, prices are going up globally and the US is getting another price increase.

For example, the price in New York used to be $0.24 per kWh state-wide after the last increase and now downtown New York City locations went up to $0.32/kWh – a 33% increase this week. Again, the prices used to be set per state or region and now they are being set per Supercharging station. In California, prices went from $0.26 per kWh to ranging from $0.32 to $0.36 per kWh in the charging stations that we verified:

Man I feel sorry (or morbidly satisfied) at the people who paid or gave away thousands of dollars for referrals in hopes of getting to the magic 55. Now they are stuck with the 20-30% off the roadster and it is still out of reach.

*insert Nelson’s Ha Ha)

Man I feel sorry (or morbidly satisfied) at the people who paid or gave away thousands of dollars for referrals in hopes of getting to the magic 55. Now they are stuck with the 20-30% off the roadster and it is still out of reach.

*insert Nelson’s Ha Ha)

I has gotten so crazy that people are literally buying google AdWords and their referral codes are literally showing up in the google search results with a link to the Tesla purchase site. Either genius or ridiculous...ha ha

I has gotten so crazy that people are literally buying google AdWords and their referral codes are literally showing up in the google search results with a link to the Tesla purchase site. Either genius or ridiculous...ha ha
That’s been going on for a while. The ones who spent enough to be in the top 3 or 4 hits actually have over 55. Not sure what the ROI on their investment is as I have no clue how much ad words cost

Hi everyone, time is running out to use my referral code: :(
Here you go! soo47835

Link below:
Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

*9 months free Supercharging

If you order without ever having taken a test drive with Tesla, you will receive an additional three months of free Supercharging. They will also have three calendar days after taking delivery to return their vehicle.

You can use my Tesla referral link to get six months of free Supercharging on Model S, Model X or Model 3. You can also get a 5-year extended warranty on solar panels.

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.