Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar experience to mine

• Order "Created" on Kinto system 20th April
  • Text from Tesla (+44 1733 xxxxxxxx) 29th April with RN number
  • Email from Tesla Account Security to work email 28th April "Finish setting up your account" with password reset link
  • Email from "Enterprise Order Confirmation" at Tesla 3rd May with some more stuff about setting up account for S/C network and a link to Company Car Drivers

Dunno if I should get advised when VIN is allocated or if that goes to Kinto

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Current situation: submitted NHS Salary Sacrifice lease application and lease company ordered on 23rd April. Lease company portal has a 'Revised delivery date' of 30th June (last updated 8th May). We're keen for this to be earlier if possible, and contacted the lease company, saying we're happy to travel to Bristol to pick up, only to be told that 'Tesla will deliver to your home', which is news to me.

I've not had an email from Tesla Bristol in almost a fortnight (I'm guessing the individual I'm emailing there is, first and foremost, a salesperson) but yesterday my wife had a text from Tesla saying they've received the order (!) and encouraging her to set up her account (which we've done). We have an order reference number but apparently no car will show up in the account until after delivery. I was eventually able to set up a payment method for supercharging with Chrome (Edge refused to allow me to add a credit card).

Does all this sound normal? Is it worth emailing the Tesla delivery address to find out more re where our car is, etc.?
Tesla will normally text you when your car gets allocate, again a text when you have a definitive delivery date and request a delivery address. finally a few text with links to the manual to get ready for delivery

Current situation: submitted NHS Salary Sacrifice lease application and lease company ordered on 23rd April. Lease company portal has a 'Revised delivery date' of 30th June (last updated 8th May). We're keen for this to be earlier if possible, and contacted the lease company, saying we're happy to travel to Bristol to pick up, only to be told that 'Tesla will deliver to your home', which is news to me.

I've not had an email from Tesla Bristol in almost a fortnight (I'm guessing the individual I'm emailing there is, first and foremost, a salesperson) but yesterday my wife had a text from Tesla saying they've received the order (!) and encouraging her to set up her account (which we've done). We have an order reference number but apparently no car will show up in the account until after delivery. I was eventually able to set up a payment method for supercharging with Chrome (Edge refused to allow me to add a credit card).

Does all this sound normal? Is it worth emailing the Tesla delivery address to find out more re where our car is, etc.?
They all sound normal and probably you will receive a call or text to confirm your VIN and if you push your lease company they can contact Tesla to get your registration.

I think the process is different for lease cars compared to if you order thro Tesla website. In terms of Tesla account don’t worry too much we get very little use of it if you are a lease car owner. In fact registering your card is the only useful thing you can do if you are a lease car owner.

so wait till you get a text from Tesla or ask your lease provider to contact tesla

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I'm still waiting for any kind of information out of Tesla around my delivery. They have stopped responding to emails now.

I've looked on the available inventory, and I see there is one locally that matches the spec that I ordered exactly.

If the car is listed in Leeds, is it likely that it is actually there? Why would they have not allocated that one to me? Is it worth getting in touch with Tesla to swap to that car?

Reactions: yfwt
They all sound normal and probably you will receive a call or text to confirm your VIN and if you push your lease company they can contact Tesla to get your registration.

I think the process is different for lease cars compared to if you order thro Tesla website. In terms of Tesla account don’t worry too much we get very little use of it if you are a lease car owner. In fact registering your card is the only useful thing you can do if you are a lease car owner.

so wait till you get a text from Tesla or ask your lease provider to contact tesla
Thanks for the reassurance. :) We don't need the reg number as insurance is part of the deal (though we have to tell the fleet company when we have a date from Tesla so they can make sure it's in place!). I'll just keep politely niggling away at our contacts, albeit with the expectation that we may not hear anything for a while.

Reactions: yfwt
The RN number was in a text I had from Tesla - Kinto had given them my (work) email and mobile. I'm not actually NHS, I'm with one of your IT suppliers, but we suffer the same shenanigans. I also had an email from Tesla to set up an account using my work email as username.
Lucky you mate, not had anything from Tesla. Don't think they organise this very well. What can one do huh?

I've only obtained info by ringing and emailing them weekly (I'm very impatient) but this is the 'Tesla way' which is completely different from any other car manufacturer!

Sadly @jfrancis, what @Yeahyeahyeah states above... you only get anything from Tesla by being the squeaky wheel !! Or just accept that your £60k order will arrive when Tesla can be bothered to tell you 🤣

Hi Mate, almost the same thing happened to me. Ordered in Feb, order got cancelled in March due to the Grant fiasco and my second order has been accepted, but just like you I am finding it difficult to obtain the RN from Fleet/the Lease company. We cannot directly contact the lease company but NHS can and do email them, I check daily with them and no response from the Lease company. I have even emailed them existing inventory from the Tesla website to see if they can do an accelerated delivery, but again no response. It is useless.
I can't even find out who the lease company is despite asking.

I'm not really an impatient person but having test driven in September, first ordering in March and now in the Tesla Limbo period my patience is being tested!

The Tesla process is bad enough but bung in two additional parties between me and the car and it becomes a nightmare.

I'm sure it'll all come good by the end of June. Hopefully.

Reactions: jfrancis

When I spoke to Bristol they told me it could be delivered or I could pick up. Totally my choice.

But I can't even get an RN from Fleet/Lease despite having a similar ordering timeline as you!

So it perseveres to keep phoning the Delivery Team, I finally managed to speak to someone who went the extra mile and called me back. It took her 24 hours but she managed to sort out pick up from Southampton on Friday - unfortunately my friend was no longer free to drive me there. So she's now sorted out home delivery for Monday 17th.
5 more sleeps!!

Reactions: Yeahyeahyeah
I'm still waiting for any kind of information out of Tesla around my delivery. They have stopped responding to emails now.

I've looked on the available inventory, and I see there is one locally that matches the spec that I ordered exactly.

If the car is listed in Leeds, is it likely that it is actually there? Why would they have not allocated that one to me? Is it worth getting in touch with Tesla to swap to that car?
I got nowhere with emails, call the service delivery number. 01628 450660 option 4, took several calls but finally got it sorted

I can't even find out who the lease company is despite asking.

I'm not really an impatient person but having test driven in September, first ordering in March and now in the Tesla Limbo period my patience is being tested!

The Tesla process is bad enough but bung in two additional parties between me and the car and it becomes a nightmare.

I'm sure it'll all come good by the end of June. Hopefully.
Hope so. FWIW I found out, by chance, that our fleet company (Knowles Fleet) are using 'VW Leasing' to actually place the order. (See my next posting for why I discovered this...)

Thanks also for the comment re pick up or delivery. That's always been my sense too, but let's see what happens...! (Digits crossed for you.)

Disaster! The Tesla Adviser in Bristol got in touch this afternoon to say that although she has found the order on their system (yay!), there's no Tesla referral code, and thus free supercharger miles, attached (boo). I have two reassurances in writing that the fleet company had the code, but it looks as if they may not have actually passed it on to the lease company that placed the order.

Though I'm still investigating, if there has been some sort of cock-up... Is there any way of getting those free miles...? :(

I've been contacted by text. First about allocation, second to follow the link to choose a delivery date. I click the link to sign in and nothing happens? Just takes me to my original manage page with estimated delivery of June? Mentions I have one day to confirm? 🤔
Try cleaning your browser cookies and logging in again – then try the link again. I had the same issue and this fixed it, the Tesla website is quite buggy at times! Also make sure your region is set to the right region, sometimes it changes mine to the US.

Exactly what am thinking as Leeds was my original collection point... might give Delivery Team a call after they've not responded to my email for further information from the weekend. :-/ #sigh