Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New navigation is an improvement.. not really sure I see the point in having the destination panel at the bottom permanently when there's already a panel at the top.. but I could get used to it.

Not tried it but that sounds like it might resolve issue where nav panel sometimes obscures the upcoming route.

By splitting it and making top smaller, instead of obscuring where you need to be going, it obscures where you have been.

Personally I would also like the ‘you are here’ location to be placed further down the map to show the more useful upcoming route ahead of you, or a 3D mode although I would prefer the former.

Has anyone else noticed that the offside headlights are less obtrusive / high up now?

Previous to this update, the headlight would shine quite high and a long way away, often dazzling drivers on inside lanes on dual carriageways.

This seems to have been fixed and both lights throw a much more even beam.

Has anyone else noticed that the offside headlights are less obtrusive / high up now?

Previous to this update, the headlight would shine quite high and a long way away, often dazzling drivers on inside lanes on dual carriageways.

Lots of reports that simply doing a software update will potentially realign camera position especially if update done when car is not at same angle as previous update.

So might be that you are seeing rather than an intentional change.

Welcome this update a lot!

Apple Music is just a lot better than Spotify, all my playlists and recent songs are loaded instantly, havent tweaked around with the other settings yet but I imagine the Dog Mode changes will be useful!

Is this not a thing that sometimes happens during an update, as in the headlights will re-level based on whatever you are parked on?

In my case since my driveway is a downward slope, it'll be fun.

I'd be surprised if they adjusted it across the board, since you can adjust them manually. I've been flashed by other drivers because they were by default way too high on regular beams.

Lots of reports that simply doing a software update will potentially realign camera position especially if update done when car is not at same angle as previous update.

So might be that you are seeing rather than an intentional change.

Wasn’t aware of that but all updates to this car have happened in the same spot - my garage - including this one.

@TiLaSoul : "Wasn’t aware of that but all updates to this car have happened in the same spot - my garage - including this one."

It's just an unusual oddity. I have not been aware of any software updates intentionally changing the default angles of headlights so you can be sure it's a "quirk". You can re-calibrate your lights from the screen anytime.

I was looking forward to fan speed on auto climate. Car is garaged overnight so no frost or condensation to worry about, set it to auto medium but auto defogging started which sounds like a moped engine is under the bonnet and a gale is blowing so back to manual fan 3 no AC and all was quiet again.

I was looking forward to fan speed on auto climate. Car is garaged overnight so no frost or condensation to worry about, set it to auto medium but auto defogging started which sounds like a moped engine is under the bonnet and a gale is blowing so back to manual fan 3 no AC and all was quiet again.

I presume that accompanying noise with Auto-defogging is a feature of heat pump cars only? (I ask because I've never noticed any additional noise with auto-defogging on my non heatpump M3.)

Defog and Defrost (MAX HI) use a fairly similar mode depending on the outside temp (heat pump cars like our Y's have many).

The reason it's noisy is that it's using high heat and fanspeed to get rid of the condensation, and there is no ambient heat to draw from in the radiator or the battery, so you're hearing the compressor on the heat pump and the cabin condenser and the cabin evaporator and the cabin blower and the accumulator and the two low voltage electric cabin heaters and probably the drive unit motor/inverter running.

Result is big noises. There is lots of electric juice moving around to make all this happen quickly.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Obie
Am I right in thinking that you need to subscribe to Apple Music seperately? It’s not included in the premium connectivity like Spotify is?
I posted this on the Apple thread:

I have purchased tracks/albums in Apple Music but I don’t subscribe.
I tried logging in, in the car but the only option was free trial followed by subscription.
I presume that unless you subscribe, the car app offers nothing for free.

I think the answer maybe yes

Just done a long drive today and the auto wipers seem to have got even worse; started wiping for no reason and smeared my windscreen - I then use the washers to clean the screen but it then continued wiping for no reason and smearing my screen all over again. Not impressed.

Autopilot shat itself an few times and phantom braked because of shadows, which I’ve not had for a while.

Just done a long drive today and the auto wipers seem to have got even worse; started wiping for no reason and smeared my windscreen - I then use the washers to clean the screen but it then continued wiping for no reason and smearing my screen all over again. Not impressed.

Autopilot shat itself an few times and phantom braked because of shadows, which I’ve not had for a while.
I agree, something’s changed with the auto-wipers. They’d been working just fine for me previously, but this morning despite the windscreen being completely clear the wipers start going nuts with lots of dry wiping. I ended up having to switch them off, which I’ve not had to do previously. And no, there was no dirt in front of the camera, and the camera was clear of fog as I’d thoroughly preconditioned before setting off. Two steps forwards, one step back!

In respect of Apple Music integration, you definitely need an Apple Music subscription, there is no Tesla premium connectivity tie-in like with Spotify.

Reactions: Dilly

One step forward, then take 3 backwards🥱
They should have only complied with the required legal things and left the rest alone. Instead it's like being in the film planes, trains and automobiles.

Dipped beam is just the same as pre update, wish it was a flatter pattern without the kicked up nearside beam dazzling drivers as yours is/was.