Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 223.2.12 and all my settings were lost (phone access) and now my car thinks it's parked at Tesla HQ in California, and it's apparently 1:40am.

1677231746237.png

• Funny
Reactions: goRt
My M3P updated to 2023.2.12 and its looks like its lost everything - no mobile phone access, no driver profiles, no sat nav history, no trip meter history, its all gone. I see a few others have had this unexpected feature "upgrade" but does anyone definitively know whether it can be recovered or do I have to start from scratch again?

For me, 2.10 has been the best software version so far & 2.12 was installed after I arrived so let's see what a couple of 30-40 mile journeys today might do to spoil that.
2.12 has operated identically to 2.10 today including well behaved wipers during/after rain.

My biggest gripe remains USB music. Voice recognition & resumption of last track played worked prior to the 2022.44 updates but never since... 🗣️"resume USB" is recognised by the car, shows the
1677261169849.png
symbol but nothing happens.

Reactions: Horatio Alger
To all those saying the wipers are working well; does this include them NOT coming on when driving into bright sunlight?
As this is Tesla, they probably will but not yet. The first hour or so of yesterdays long journey was in full low sun with the usual 'multiple cameras blinded-unavailable' messages but the wipers never activated even when I needed the sun visor down (however I was driving mostly south or west at that time).

Has anyone had an update pulled? My car last updated in late December, since then I've had two notifications of further updates but both have disappeared before I had a chance to install. Car is currently on 2022.44.25.3

Weirdly, it was fine when I left my house but as I got closer to the city and my 4G reception improves, the map disappeared completely. This view is after zooming out and back in, but you can't see anything.
You are correct Rocko. I lost maps completely after a few miles. When I stopped I rebooted and the maps came back but disappeared again after 38 miles. Will try tomorrow.

To all those saying the wipers are working well; does this include them NOT coming on when driving into bright sunlight?
Add driving past lorries kicking up spray to that list - obviously they should be on then but are often not. But at least you can easily override unlike wipers wiping for no reason.

But at least is sounds like Tesla may have been listening to the criticism and doing something about it.

Has anyone had an update pulled? My car last updated in late December, since then I've had two notifications of further updates but both have disappeared before I had a chance to install. Car is currently on 2022.44.25.3
It’s not unusual but usually, but not always, accompanied by a replacement, or even not pulled but immediately replaced by an update. Not unheard of maps actually getting rolled back to earlier version but not software.

Once minor thing I have now noticed consistently over the last few updates is that an update will reset the 'Ambient Lights' setting I have (I like them on).
After every update it is turned back off and I have to re enable it manually. Minor inconvenience but still a bug that has gone unnoticed for a several months...

Reactions: JamiePP
Once minor thing I have now noticed consistently over the last few updates is that an update will reset the 'Ambient Lights' setting I have (I like them on).
After every update it is turned back off and I have to re enable it manually. Minor inconvenience but still a bug that has gone unnoticed for a several months...
Anyone experiencing Joe mode deciding to turn itself off, like the ambient lights? Bad enough all the bonging in Joe, but awful in normal mode.

It’s not unusual but usually, but not always, accompanied by a replacement, or even not pulled but immediately replaced by an update. Not unheard of maps actually getting rolled back to earlier version but not software.

Just to be clear, the car wasn't rolled back from update... its a case that the updates were showing as available, then, when I got home and the car connected to wifi they disappeared... no longer available.

First proper drive today with 2023.2.12.
As I approached south leeds a massive area of the map changed to the dreaded grey tiles. Parked up in leeds and locked the car. Set off back again an hour or so later. Still a map full of grey tiles until heading back westbound on the M62 near birstall, when the map gradually returned to normal. Looks like a bug that’s being reported by plenty of others with this latest ‘update’.