Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, have you noticed any change in behaviour of the old issue when pulling back into lane 2 from lane 3 when on TACC etc and a lorry was in lane 1 slightly ahead that the car had a panic?

I am sure many of us changed our driving habits to not pull into lane 2 when lorry was slightly ahead in lane 1.
I can honestly say that in the 14 months/12,250 miles I have owned the Model Y I have never seen that. I regularly change lanes as you say, including many times today and an audio alarm or even a 'red' lorry is extremely rare. If it happens it has always been a genuine threat rather than a false occurrence.

I'm convinced that because my car settings have always been 'warning' rather than take action then it doesn't seem to respond ('panic') like many others do. The only 'alarm' I get from time to time is if I stray over a lane edge but that is only by sound and a visual message, never any attempt by the car to take over or snatch the wheel (as I shouldn't do given my preferences but with my earlier Model 3 I did experience that early on, hence disabling all settings that might cause it).

Reactions: MrBadger
On this new branch now.

Mileometer is displaying correctly now. Previous software it wouldn't update each mile but wait and go up 5-10 miles at once. Very weird.

Connectivity still about the same. No great improvement. Haven't been on a long trip though so could be utter crap once it's out of any cached map area.

Is regen a bit stronger sub 25 mph?? Might just be the warm weather but it seems to have an extra push and it feels like it's slowing down just that bit more.

Whatever happened to that feature where the brakes would be used to ensure a consistent regen feel if the battery was too cold/full? Recall it being rolled out to some cars in the US last year but it went very quiet after
It was implemented in the US for sure, but I don't think it ever made it to Europe - definitely not UK. I can only presume some regulations prevent the car from applying the braked under non-emergency or non-autonomous conditions.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
If you watch the latest edition of Jay Leno's Garage where he tests the new Model 3 with Franz the designer and Lars the head of production it gets mentioned in that so I presume it is still coming.
Checked our car tonight when out and couldn't find it. It's a good idea as the drop in regen is large when you've an almost full battery. We don't fill it full often of course but that just means your less used to that change.

Defo a change in HBA in .2.8. Since I’ve had it it always dips on a certain corner (60mph road) and it’s one of those where you don’t want it to dip. Since the update it hasn’t dipped on both times I’ve driven the road in question which I’m happy with. One more go next week then it’s getting parked up till the summer.

Defo a change in HBA in .2.8. Since I’ve had it it always dips on a certain corner (60mph road) and it’s one of those where you don’t want it to dip. Since the update it hasn’t dipped on both times I’ve driven the road in question which I’m happy with. One more go next week then it’s getting parked up till the summer.
Tesla will have noted your happiness with this change and in the next update it'll start dipping again at that corner plus 2 others that worked fine before 😉

• Funny
Reactions: goRt