Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2023.26.8 five days ago and since then my Anderson A2 home charger isn’t working between 20 and 32 amps. Charge stops after 8 minutes and won’t restart until unplugged and put back in (not much use at Octopus Go night charging times). At 16 amps it manages to plod on.

Going to raise a service ticket tomorrow to explore the issue but useful to know if anyone else has had problems.

Didn't have 26.7 for more than a few days and only short runs so don't know when these were introduced.

Now on 26.8 and did the first long drive on a regular route today. Main thing I noticed was that it was "hesitant" for no obvious reason when approaching to overtake other vehicles particularly trucks on the motorway - even though they were in their lane and 50m ahead. Not phantom braking stuff, just a little "lift off" of speed momentarily. As it is a regular route it was particularly apparent and it did it several times.

The other oddity was failing to hold speed on a dual carriageway where it was coned to a single lane and speed limited to 40 and 30, normally the autopilot would cope but today several times it just refused to hold speed and would slow down even though I was following a vehicle in front. Then it would decide to pick up speed and hold the speed set. All the time remaining on autopilot and requiring encouragement on the accelerator. A bit odd.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
Any news on Summon being repaired/fixed?

Wasn’t working great before, but now the car won’t even move an inch despite the flashing lights and hissing noises….
I haven’t looked at the Tesla website for months, but I had a little look today and under EAP Summon and Smart Summon are described as “upcoming”. A clear admission that it isn’t currently working, though we all knew that anyway.

Don’t hold your breath. Autosteer on city streets is also described as upcoming, and that was promised by the end of 2019.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
.7 seemed to work fairly well for me, improving some of the more annoying AP aspects. Even auto high-beam seemed to be OK outside of town. .8 for some reason seems to have reverted some of those improvements and added new problems. As mentioned by Pink Duck, controls seem to be reluctant. Multiple times my indicators haven't engaged properly, and they're now almost inaudible too. I had AP completely disengage permanently with red takeover, imminent accident klaxons on an empty dual carriageway in broad daylight. It wasn't AP jail, it just outright failed. Cruise control still worked though. Couldn't re-engage all the way home. The next time I drove the car was the next day and it was working again. Auto high beam now seems to engage when the car in front is closer than before, too early IMHO. Automatic reduction of speed when on AP seems to becoming more of a 'thing' slowing down when I wouldn't expect it to and sometimes inappropriately.

On the plus side, I think the lane-keep itself has improved a bit for me. It was already good, but now it seems to handle a temporary loss of lines quite well.

I was initially really pleased that they actually seemed to fix / tone down things with the 26 release :(

A lot of complaints about niggles on here.. now that I’ve just updated, what stands out to me is… they seem to have really upped the quality of music playback (on Spotify). I’m not sure exactly what they did but the balance seems to have improved massively. Before, often vocals were drowned out when the volume was turned up but now it sounds crystal clear. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also Spotify UI update is welcomed. I thought from what people had said on here that nothing has changed but what stood out for me was the the much(!) more natural scrolling, the fact that shuffle will shuffle your entire library (rather than a shuffle100) and it’s so much easier to navigate.

So yeah, overall very happy with that improvement alone. You can also see where my priorities are at 🤣 millennials amirite!?

Reactions: Toblerone
Only my phone (as a key). Car was awake. I started a charge, left it going for 30 seconds and then used the new unlock C/P command. Charge stopped but that’s all.
tried it again yesterday after a charge complete. Still no dice. Most odd
I’ve now had the opportunity to test this at home and you are correct, no unlock after stopping the charge. I wonder if Tesla have sorted out their CCS charging to now unlock the port when ending charge, as it’s supposed to?

I guess I’ll be going back to Watch App for Tesla shortcut for end/unlock charge!

I’ve now had the opportunity to test this at home and you are correct, no unlock after stopping the charge. I wonder if Tesla have sorted out their CCS charging to now unlock the port when ending charge, as it’s supposed to?

I guess I’ll be going back to Watch App for Tesla shortcut for end/unlock charge!
Thank @Cardo it’s worth noting that if the car isn’t awake, the open Tesla charge port command reports that it’s been opened, but it hasn’t!
it works if the car‘s awake. Quicker to open a back door and open the port manually…

Reactions: browellm
I've had 26.8 for several days but the first Motorway drive today.

No issues using AP which behaved well (197 miles) but I'd never noticed this before - as with previous updates, AP matched a 'Smart' overhead gantry on the M6 at 60mph but when a further gantry changed to 40, AP remained at 60 but the speed symbol now had a blue border rather than the car automatically slowing to 40 (it appears to treat temporary but mandatory speed restrictions as 'optional').

IMG_7142.JPG

I've never seen the car automatically slow for those changes, you have to tell AP to sync the speed again. But the blue border is new..
The blue border around the speed limit symbol is the speed warning when you’re going over what it thinks is the speed limit. It pulsates a handful of times then goes away. It’s been there for quite some time.