Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk] UltraSonic Sensors removal/TV replacement performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely you mean a 'rubbish' or 'wheelie' bin ?
I think he is one of those foreign types. From some place called "New Jersey" apparently. Not sure where it is but apparently they are not used to being taken advantage of by billionaires there so must be somewhere like Sweden I guess where they have lots of regulations rather than unregulated free market capitalism. Sounds nice.

And why do the cameras see and project garbage cans of all things but don’t see people crossing the street. I’m very confused and feel used, duped, and robbed by a billionaire!!!
Prior to 'tesla vision' it used to.. and oncoming traffic as well, but they ditched all that for some reason. It also had way better night vision before as well..

One time in the past I thought frequent OTA software updates was an advantage!

Reactions: CWT3LR
In preparation for my pickup of a Model 3 on Christmas Eve I have had to find a solution to parking very close to my house wall without USS. That wall would be very unforgiving on even the slightest touch, I am sure. I need to be close or the rear end will overhang the pavement. Backing in may be ok with the camera from all accounts but here is a little home made parking assist STOP signal for going in forwards. It only works in this one location, of course, but that is where I will be most of the time.. To replicate this idea you would need…

1. A small flowerpot or similar, lower than your front spoiler.
2. Grit or sand to weigh down the little pot
3. Most importantly, a stick whose top is visible from your driving position when inserted into the pot (Vertically)
4. An optional flag for the top of the stick to give it your own style and emphasise the stop point.

When set up in your desired stoping point as in the photo, inch towards the stick until the stick wobbles or moves then STOP

Maintenance: reset stick to vertical before each trip as required.

Seems to work Ok with my old car as a test ! ☺️

Attachments

• C29A02AE-EF91-4FAA-9BB9-104E6D25C654.jpeg
    C29A02AE-EF91-4FAA-9BB9-104E6D25C654.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 67
In preparation for my pickup of a Model 3 on Christmas Eve I have had to find a solution to parking very close to my house wall without USS. That wall would be very unforgiving on even the slightest touch, I am sure. Backing in may be ok with the camera from all accounts but here is a little home made parking assist STOP signal for going in forwards. It only works in this one location, of course, but that is where I will be most of the time.. To replicate this idea you would need…

3. Most importantly, a stick whose top is visible from your driving position when inserted into the pot (Vertically)
4. An optional flag for the top of the stick to give it your own style and emphasise the stop point.

When set up in your desired stoping point as in the photo, inch towards the stick until the stick wobbles or moves then STOP

Cleaner way is maybe some lines where your wing mirror meets a certain spot?

Reactions: Frankcjd
In preparation for my pickup of a Model 3 on Christmas Eve I have had to find a solution to parking very close to my house wall without USS. That wall would be very unforgiving on even the slightest touch, I am sure. I need to be close or the rear end will overhang the pavement. Backing in may be ok with the camera from all accounts but here is a little home made parking assist STOP signal for going in forwards. It only works in this one location, of course, but that is where I will be most of the time.. To replicate this idea you would need…

Print this out and stick it on the top of your pole.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 14.42.02.png

You're welcome.

Tesla could sell branded plant pots or perhaps give one away free with each car that comes without USS.

I park always in the garage, but the garage is a single so not a lot of room and I have a workbench and cupboards underneath at the far end - plus the gas boiler is in the corner, now for a previous car i moved the garage door - well actually I fitted a new door, was previously up and over but by fitting an electric roller shutter I was able to fit the shutter to the front on the bricks at the very extreme edge of the garage - this gave me about 9 inches more clearance. When i got the model 3 i needed a tad more - so i cut the workbench down in depth as i did with the cupboards underneath - so instead of 600mm deep they are 300mm - couldn't cut more as the boiler sticks out 300mm. When i reverse in the garage when parked i have 2cms gap between the bootlid and the worktop - the worktop height is just underneath the spoiler - i glued that yellow gas pipe insulation stuff to the front edge of the worktop - as a bit of insurance in case i get it wrong anytime - at the front of the car I have 2 inches between the number plate and the roller shutter - so it is a bit tight, my solution because the USS give a solid tone way before i get the back to the 2cm mark - I have put a black permanent marker line on the garage wall, vertically as a reference point between it and the passenger mirror, also added a red thick line vertically just before it so the aim is to reverse, have the mirror within an inch of the wall and stop when the leading edge of the mirror housing is about level with the red line - and so far in two years I not touched the bootlid on the yellow insulation material yet - and my car is garaged every single day - never ever left out.

This post should be circulated to all the Tesla store staff to quote alongside the mantra of “you’re paying for the technology”

@Frankcjd - An alternative approach (to avoid the need to 'reset') could be to use some form of bump strip stuck/screwed to the floor at the point where your front wheels reach the ideal position. Bit like the bumper at the superchargers.
you mean like this: