Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki [UK] V11 UI Changes and Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be more than happy if my car didn't scream at me and tell me it has just pulled me out of the ditch every Saturday when I drive through country lanes with long grass/weeds at the side of the road as I drive to visit my mother.
Is that radar, cameras or ultrasonics, I guess we will never know but oh I wish the damn AI would learn that they are only weeds!
So damn loud even in "Joe Mode".

Sooo, if you have beta 10 and 11 planned, at what point do you push it wider and enable a button (of doom)? Time to roll for doubt I'm afraid.

annnd there we go. 'Not yet' is the answer.

how long did 8 to 9 take? Dec 24th was beta 8, followed quite soon in Jan with 8.1. 8.2 was in march, and 9 landed this week in July.

i'm going to guess 9 will have a similar refinement process, with a 9.1 in about a month, and possibly an update after that. Dec to July is 7 months tho, so potentially V10 end of the year?

OTOH, all this AI stuff is supposed to be exponential, so maybe autumn sometime? But I doubt it - they may have dojo coming on line, but they are still (or were a couple of weeks ago) actively recruiting for people to feed and water their data center, so it may not be properly running for a bit yet. And the exponent might be used for increased compute per round rather than rounds delivered faster.

would be nice to get the current FSD on hire as an option here tho. I never got a free trial offered :-(

(Dates taken from here btw, didn't verify any of them It's Been 100 Days Since The Last Tesla FSD Update — Why Is That? )

annnd there we go. 'Not yet' is the answer.

how long did 8 to 9 take? Dec 24th was beta 8, followed quite soon in Jan with 8.1. 8.2 was in march, and 9 landed this week in July.

i'm going to guess 9 will have a similar refinement process, with a 9.1 in about a month, and possibly an update after that. Dec to July is 7 months tho, so potentially V10 end of the year?

OTOH, all this AI stuff is supposed to be exponential, so maybe autumn sometime? But I doubt it - they may have dojo coming on line, but they are still (or were a couple of weeks ago) actively recruiting for people to feed and water their data center, so it may not be properly running for a bit yet. And the exponent might be used for increased compute per round rather than rounds delivered faster.

would be nice to get the current FSD on hire as an option here tho. I never got a free trial offered :-(

(Dates taken from here btw, didn't verify any of them It's Been 100 Days Since The Last Tesla FSD Update — Why Is That? )

Thanksgiving

What's "Smart Shift"?

On the new S and X, the car will decide what gear you want to be in based on cameras/radar. Saves you shifting between drive and reverse.

Think you'd need to be a brave man/woman to not disable that setting.

I certainly will not be enabling it

OTOH, all this AI stuff is supposed to be exponential, so maybe autumn sometime?
Elon has said that the NOA, City streets and Summon will be integrated into a single stack by version 11, so it seems that there is still some heavy lifting to do up to that release.. Autumn I think is pushing it! exponential improvements I would expect after that, which will likely coincide with DoJo also.

Reactions: Avendit
Elon has said that the NOA, City streets and Summon will be integrated into a single stack by version 11, so it seems that there is still some heavy lifting to do up to that release.. Autumn I think is pushing it! exponential improvements I would expect after that, which will likely coincide with DoJo also.

Like he said "holiday update", thanksgiving coming round soon

I quite like the idea of smart shift. When I get in my M3 I tap down the gear selector to put it in drive...but my easy access seat is still sliding into position. Then I tap down again...but I have to enter my PIN to drive. So it's usually third time lucky. Every time! And I've had the car for over a year. Yes, I'm a muppet. Anyway, I figure the car has to be better at putting itself into gear than me.

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
I quite like the idea of smart shift. When I get in my M3 I tap down the gear selector to put it in drive...but my easy access seat is still sliding into position. Then I tap down again...but I have to enter my PIN to drive. So it's usually third time lucky. Every time! And I've had the car for over a year. Yes, I'm a muppet. Anyway, I figure the car has to be better at putting itself into gear than me.
Totally agree, I am a muppet too. I generally fluff the timing and order of pedal pushes, stalk taps so it is a brief multi attempt process. This is crazy as it is pretty easy. I love auto park, so I guess I will love auto shift.

I get exactly the same set of events. Not convinced that I want the car deciding direction. Can you imagine this forum discussing ‘phantom reverse’ in the future!

Reactions: AnthonyLR

Press down on the brake to trigger the PIN to drive input, then move the stick all the way down (or up) to put it into drive or reverse, don't just tap it up or down. I'm pretty sure that's what I do, but I will confirm after I drive it next.

I will look forward to trying out Smart Shift - no idea in advance whether I will find it useful or not but I will be happy to try it out. So long as this is a feature you can simply toggle on or off, according to your personal preference, then what's not to like? From watching the videos of the new model S with this feature it seems to work pretty well - it is clear what direction the car expects you want to travel and is in any case easy to change if you don't agree.
Do we know yet when we can expect a software update to activate Smart Shift? - let me guess, 'about 2 weeks'...

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
Press down on the brake to trigger the PIN to drive input, then move the stick all the way down (or up) to put it into drive or reverse, don't just tap it up or down. I'm pretty sure that's what I do, but I will confirm after I drive it next.

Can't edit my original post but all I do is press the brake down and keep it pressed while entering the pin, then push the gear stick all the way down (or up) - super simple.