Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel for those who haven’t been assigned or have lost their VIN’s. It was pretty much driving me crazy waiting, but thankfully we had a day or two of stress relief as we were assigned a few days ago. Now though, it might actually be a bit worse.

We waited almost a year from initial invite to configure for the white interior, but we finally gave up and ordered because waiting any longer than the 6 week delivery window would’ve put us in a real bind. Thanks to Elon via twitter for the info.. Albeit a bit late.

Since they missed their window and we haven’t had any contact from inside sales regarding delivery dates, and considering awd/white interior deliveries are only 8 weeks away, unless I get a guaranteed May delivery date before the new options go live, we’ll be waiting even longer. Ugh.

Definitely first world problems, but still annoying. At least we’d get what we originally wanted.

Last edited:
Since they missed their window and we haven’t had any contact from inside sales regarding delivery dates, and considering awd/white interior deliveries are only 8 weeks away, unless I get a guaranteed May delivery date before the new options go live, we’ll be waiting even longer. Ugh.
Certainly not impossible, but very unlikely at this point that you'll get a delivery date by end of month if you just got your VIN. If you're on the east coast, then probably no chance at all.

Also, if you change your config now that you have a VIN, you'll also pay another $500. And you could put your tax credit at risk (depending on how far back in line this would put you; basically, if your delivery slips to next year, it won't be $7500).

Thanks to all the recent VIN'ed for updating your entry.

A quick note on the model 3 invites dataset:
Remember the dataset was split on 5/2 so the last two weeks number is artificially low comparing to previous weeks.
Think of it as you would a stock split.
My interpretation of the data is that Tesla is actually producing a lot more cars than they did prior to the shutdown.

Regarding my out of sequence VIN (Texas 15365 silver 19" sport), I like to think that my car is extra special.:)

CJ

Thanks to all the recent VIN'ed for updating your entry.

A quick note on the model 3 invites dataset:
Remember the dataset was split on 5/2 so the last two weeks number is artificially low comparing to previous weeks.
Think of it as you would a stock split.
My interpretation of the data is that Tesla is actually producing a lot more cars than they did prior to the shutdown.

Regarding my out of sequence VIN (Texas 15365 silver 19" sport), I like to think that my car is extra special.:)

CJ
I thought you were going to start a trend of some 19" sport configs getting VINs... but I agree your car might just be special.

Where are the two update forms? Only one I know is to be found from Troy spreadsheet and clicking on edit next to username.

Spreadhsheets (1-4 are identical. just pick one that isn't full):
Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #1
Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #2
Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #3
Model 3 Invites Spreadsheet #4

The other one:
Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries

Bonus points:
The Bloomberg tracker:
We Set Out to Crack Tesla's Biggest Mystery: How Many Model 3s It's Making

Glad to see a huge group of VINs today, unfortunately not one for me yet. But very telling that worries about them slowing down to extend the credit are so far unfounded. There hasn't been a large batch of invites in almost a month, I think the most likely scenario is that everyone who has configured so far should expect to take delivery this quarter.

If I still don't have a VIN when they show off AWD/white interior specs and pricing later this week I may be calling and asking to change my configuration. I didn't think I could wait, so I configured, but if the option to order exactly what I want is put in front of me, even if it means another 2-3 months of waiting, I'm probably going to take it. I have a feeling I'll get my VIN in the next few days though. We'll see.