Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may as well state that Bay Area orders are only fulfilled the last week of each quarter...
Hah- this is basically what the sales dude in the showroom said. He meant last couple of weeks of the quarter but pretty close. Basically when I was in there a couple of weeks ago he said there was no chance I'd get anything before end of September.

I just got my VIN and submitted my payment this evening (May 20 order date). Delivery window is now 6/18-6/22 for Burbank. Should I expect to be contacted tomorrow to schedule the delivery? It will be really difficult for me to go on Monday or Tuesday. Is there anything I can do to try and have it be Saturday or Sunday?
Congrats. What was your EDD showing right before getting your vin?

A ton of vehicle just dropped in the online inventory….

8F35CE6E-2AE1-4BB6-92EB-37194D1E01A4.jpeg

Reactions: JustYNot
So I'm a bit confused now and my story is odd.

Got my VIN today, completed the Proof of Insurance submission. How am I contacted about pickup at Colma? My SA isn't there, she is actually in Pittsburgh, PA - which is where I was living when I initially submitted my order.

She hasn't been the best in terms of communication, and from what I've heard, calling Colma and getting help/answers isn't always the best experience.

Any ideas for me?
Waiting for Colma pickup instructions as well. My SA at Palo Alto has been responsive. I contacted him on Monday when VIN was assigned and he said usually pickup appointment is scheduled within 2-3 days of VIN receipt. I called him again today to explain I haven't gotten any communication yet from Colma and he checked on my vehicle. Here's his response:

"Thank you very much for checking in, after looking into your order I found out your custom vehicle has not left the Fremont factory yet. Once this vehicle clears the factory and transported to our Colma, delivery center, our team will reach out to schedule your appointment. I would estimate around early next week for you to take delivery"

I asked why the delay in transport since my VIN was assigned:

"Currently as we transition to Tesla vision some cars are on hold due to waiting for the new firmware to update. This shouldn’t take long, and our delivery team will schedule your delivery soon."

I wonder if this firmware update delay is also reducing the expected flood of CA VINs these last few weeks?🤔

hmm good question and im not too sure lol. I think the SA will just cancel your original order but i would check with them.

I got an inventory model too because my april order was taking forever and i hated the waiting game. When I ordered my inventory, I just created a new order and paid the $100 fee. I got my vin right away and delivery was scheduled two days later because the car was already available. it may have been someone's cancelled order or something because it was a new model (15 miles on the odometer) and not a demo.

You can keep both orders open and see which one gets the first delivery date lol. but of course, the SA will know how to handle the transfer im sure
So I ended up doing exactly this. Created a new order on a inventory car non-demo. It was "in transit". Have a vin 213xxx, now just waiting for delivery. I'll cancel my original when i know when this new one is coming.

What I’m noticing in inventory is a lot of demos. If there is a pattern it seemed like a few weeks ago there were a lot of demo’s online but mainly from the west coast and central. While most deliveries and VIN receipts were east coast and mid west. Now with demo vehicles online but mainly on the east coast, I’m wondering if that means the deliveries and VIN receipts are west coast.

Waiting for Colma pickup instructions as well. My SA at Palo Alto has been responsive. I contacted him on Monday when VIN was assigned and he said usually pickup appointment is scheduled within 2-3 days of VIN receipt. I called him again today to explain I haven't gotten any communication yet from Colma and he checked on my vehicle. Here's his response:

"Thank you very much for checking in, after looking into your order I found out your custom vehicle has not left the Fremont factory yet. Once this vehicle clears the factory and transported to our Colma, delivery center, our team will reach out to schedule your appointment. I would estimate around early next week for you to take delivery"

I asked why the delay in transport since my VIN was assigned:

"Currently as we transition to Tesla vision some cars are on hold due to waiting for the new firmware to update. This shouldn’t take long, and our delivery team will schedule your delivery soon."

I wonder if this firmware update delay is also reducing the expected flood of CA VINs these last few weeks?🤔
It took about a week for me once I got my vin. I’m getting my car from Colma tomorrow.

Reactions: E-ProjexFinest