Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the white MY LR AWD on 4/30. Initially scheduled for delivery in early to mid June, then got pushed back to July 12-28. Then last week it got pushed back to Sept 15-30. To date I never had an SA reach out to me on the order. Once I saw the Sept. date I called Buena Park, and they looked at my profile and said it was a "system refresh" but according to their internal computer it should be here by the end of July.

I am hoping it comes no later than early August, but based on what I'm reading not holding my breath. Although I have seen a few people post about the EDD being useless because they got deliveries prior to whatever their EDD date stated. But somehow it seems Socal is getting the short end of the stick, which is odd since there is a factory in California.

Not sure if coincidence but seeing a lot of white cars in this thread with may order dates waiting. I ordered 5/14, white on black, black rims in LA. Edd keeps moving daily one or more days back. Now July 18-Aug 8 - still no Vin. Hoping a truck of white cars makes it way out here soon!

Ordered 5/2, profile completed 5/3. MYLR, While, Back interior, 5 seat, no tow no FSD.
EDD changed from 6/4 to 6/17 to 6/24 to 7/7 to September.
Got 7/7 from September last week, then changed everyday from 7/7 to 7/10,11,12,13,14,15. Tomorrow will be 7/16. Ridiculous.

ridiculous

Completely and utterly ridiculous. When ordered it said delivered 4-6 weeks.

Now August? but September has not been off the table..

MYP 5 seats, white on white, tow hitch, no FSD
Order : 07/2019
Off hold : 06/2021

EDD was initially late June, bumped to mid to late July, then late July to early August.

07/13/2021 00:30 I checked my Tesla account before going to bed and saw VIN with EDD July 20-23
07/13/2021 08:06 Received text to schedule delivery.

Then, I just picked the earliest date available which is Friday and made the payment. Now, I am locked in for Friday delivery.

Seems like performance models gets quicker deliveries and the white exteriors gets deliveries bump back and forth. Thoughts?
Tesla definitely prioritizes the pricier configs. So Performance models, or orders with FSD get priority. Tesla treats the base model (white exterior, black interior, 19" wheels) as its step child, and delivery dates are all over the place.

Reactions: Doge_2_moon
If you’re interested in Tesla hope you don’t mind taking it up the butt. Tesla is not customer focused. Only satisfied if your miserable and inconvenienced.
Tesla isn’t really a company. They are a product. I mean that in the sense that it’s not that they have terrible customer service, it’s that they have none at all. It’s not that they need to treat their customers better, it’s that they do not care at all about their customers, not even a little bit. They have what you want, and they know it, if you don’t like it? GTFO and move on, is their attitude.
I have their solar panels and they are absolutely horrendous when it comes to ANYTHING. I don’t even bother anymore, I just tell my lawyer. They only way you can get them to do anything (honor solar warranty etc) you have to hire a lawyer.

Tesla, as a company, could not care less if you as an individual are treated with candor, respect, or decency. If any other company were to operate this way they would be 6ft under.

Just logged in to my Tesla account for my once daily check and there it was…the big blue button!
Got a VIN 230xxx!
Questions for folks who have gotten / are getting deliveries:
It’s giving me the option to enter the electronic payment information…Do I have to enter the payment info now?
Or can I pay via a certified check at the time of accepting deliver after inspecting the car?
Should I wait for the delivery text prior to making the payment (which should probably come from the delivery team in the morning)?

Still can’t believe it’s happening!

MYLR AWD White/white Gemini tow hitch NO FSD 7 seats…ordered 5/13.
EDD 7/14-7/28 until last night … now 7/14-7/17..Buena Park pick up.

Tesla isn’t really a company. They are a product. I mean that in the sense that it’s not that they have terrible customer service, it’s that they have none at all. It’s not that they need to treat their customers better, it’s that they do not care at all about their customers, not even a little bit. They have what you want, and they know it, if you don’t like it? GTFO and move on, is their attitude.
I have their solar panels and they are absolutely horrendous when it comes to ANYTHING. I don’t even bother anymore, I just tell my lawyer. They only way you can get them to do anything (honor solar warranty etc) you have to hire a lawyer.

Tesla, as a company, could not care less if you as an individual are treated with candor, respect, or decency. If any other company were to operate this way they would be 6ft under.
You either get the product and become a fanboy that gets shafted at the end, or you wait long enough to become bitter of delays and then a fanboy.

Reactions: Daget24
Everybody here seems frustrated... I'm in the same boat. If they can't meet the EDD's why have it at all in the account. It's better to remove it and keep us guessing (at least less anxiety IMO). The problem is we have been given hope and suddenly the hope gets slaughtered ( not once .. many times during the course of the wait :) )

Agree with one more member on the MYL white orders are high in May.

Details:

EDD is now July 23rd - Aug 5th as of today.
MY LR 5 Pearl White, Black, 19", no tow, autopilot - order date 05/14

Reactions: ankit and kmconnor4
Everybody here seems frustrated... I'm in the same boat. If they can't meet the EDD's why have it at all in the account. It's better to remove it and keep us guessing (at least less anxiety IMO). The problem is we have been given hope and suddenly the hope gets slaughtered ( not once .. many times during the course of the wait :) )

Agree with one more member on the MYL white orders are high in May.

Details:

EDD is now July 23rd - Aug 5th as of today.
MY LR 5 Pearl White, Black, 19", no tow, autopilot - order date 05/14
Beside my EDD today is July 21- August 10, everything we had is same!

Reactions: Maxters