Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD slipped by a week on Sunday to 8/16-9/5. I started tracking the 10 day rolling average of "Days until EDD Start Date" to see how this will trend over time. I'm curious to see the trend of how far out my EDD window is from today, especially when it slips by a full week and not just a day or two.

View attachment 686027
This is saddening... For the first time my EDD was pushed by 1 day on both ends. Now 8/17 to 9/6. I hope this is not a daily trend.

Inventory...

1626794557613.png

is the general "october" edd similar to the "september" edd glitch that happened a month ago? i had 5 straight days of "september" until it swapped back to july edd's. then several days later it went back to "september" for a few days before swapping back to what would be my final edd range.

is the general "october" edd similar to the "september" edd glitch that happened a month ago? i had 5 straight days of "september" until it swapped back to july edd's. then several days later it went back to "september" for a few days before swapping back to what would be my final edd range.
Dunno what I’d call it, but having gone through the September bounce and now with October, I want to read something into it…but I’m really just ignoring it and hoping that my turn right around the corner (based on order dates) and the EDD is basically useless (given the shortages, insane demand, etc - perhaps it was useful a year+ ago?).

I feel bad for all the “new” folks doing exactly what I did and watching that date, hoping it signaled reality. Maybe one day it will (again?).

I don't know about a glitch... I've been stuck at 9/13-9/30 for quite a long time now. Today it moved to 9/14-9/30 for some odd reason, but I expect it to move back soon.
there was a point last month where many users here and the model y subreddit (myself included) reported that their edd switched to "september." no date range, the edd just ambiguously said "september" as in the whole month. the general consensus at the time from speaking to various sa's was that it was a glitch in tesla's tracking system and the dominant theory was that it meant your car was in production or was on the cusp of being scheduled for delivery. while i think that was true for some, i was personally still about a month out from getting a VIN when i first got the "september" edd. so just wondering if people reporting the "october" edd change are seeing the same thing we did with "september." also fwiw i had an edd in the 9/14 - 9/30 range for like a day, but the rest of my edd ranges were in july.

For those that received VINs, what time of the day does it show up? Thanks
5-6 am pst for me (when the edd seems to usually change), though people have reported receiving VIN's at all hours of the day, including in the middle of the night. i found out by refreshing my account page first and received an email and a text message a few hours later.

there was a point last month where many users here and the model y subreddit (myself included) reported that their edd switched to "september." no date range, the edd just ambiguously said "september" as in the whole month. the general consensus at the time from speaking to various sa's was that it was a glitch in tesla's tracking system and the dominant theory was that it meant your car was in production or was on the cusp of being scheduled for delivery. while i think that was true for some, i was personally still about a month out from getting a VIN when i first got the "september" edd. so just wondering if people reporting the "october" edd change are seeing the same thing we did with "september." also fwiw i had an edd in the 9/14 - 9/30 range for like a day, but the rest of my edd ranges were in july.
Well, I saw the September for about a week, but no VIN. Now I'm a week with October. Most of my dates were in July until last week.

Reactions: JustYNot
Well, I saw the September for about a week, but no VIN. Now I'm a week with October. Most of my dates were in July until last week.
for me, i just assumed the july dates my edd range kept on resetting to were the actual dates. ended up being right as 7/16 - 7/27 was my most consistent date range, and i'm now taking delivery today. from VIN to delivery (today) it was about 6 days, and seeing that you ordered a week-ish after me and are also located in socal, you might still be looking at a late july delivery. it moves quickly once you get a VIN.

Reactions: JustYNot
Me edd changed everyday at 5am. My vin came in the middle of the night. Not sure what time.
I'm jealous of those MYP delivery timeframes. Congrats! I had considered the MYP, but I was afraid of those low profile tires/stiffer suspension. I Wish I had the ability to overcome those fears. ;) 👍 I'll just wait until late Aug/early Sept for my LR I guess. 🤷‍♂️