Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was a demo vehicle dump.... But seem to be gone already. Hummmm.....

Probably because your EDD is unrealistic. We know that most MYLR take at least 90 days for delivery. At least that’s what I see here and is my experience right now.

I think it's to keep people on their toes so they can squeeze in an EOQ delivery if they have the opportunity. I agree unrealistic, but this will keep that person around for any orders that fall through.

Last edited:
I see "Loot Box" in the left navigation after logging into my account online. After clicking this link, it talks about referral program and will be enabled after taking delivery or installing solar. I don't remember seeing in past. Is this something new?

I did this but not for the reason of getting it sooner. I wanted the MYP in the beginning but convinced myself to get the MYLR. I test drove both trims again over the weekend and just fell in love with the MYP. I switched my May order yesterday and got a 264xxx VIN three hours later.
I ordered a LR without a test drive, so the MYP is the first Y I drove. What differences do you feel between the two? I enjoyed the tech and one pedal driving and when I gave it a little stab on the accelerator it just got up and went. From what I read the ride is harsher with the 21's but the Y's ride wasn't any worse than my BMW X3.

I also considered the MYP. But for me after looking at the price difference ($7k at time of order after wheels and AB). Then it
with wheels I didn’t want (can’t rotate, faster wear, harsher ride, more expensive tires, more likely to get damaged on a pothole), and the suspension I didn’t need (harsher ride) and brakes I’ll rarely use I just couldn’t justify the extra cost.

Now especially with my $48990 base price the cost difference to change is just not worth it in anyway.

I do like the look and performance of the P, but I can’t justify the investment when the MYLR already has really good performance.

Maybe next go around. 😉
I was waiting for the pandemic to be over and tax credits, blah blah, and didn't order it earlier and now it's 3k or 4k more. With the inductions(I think that's the 20's) I think the price was 56k and at 61k the performance is closer than before.

At 49k or 51k with wheels the decision would have been much harder to make.

OD 6/4/21 MYLR white/black, 19” wheel, no tow, no FSD
Current Edd: 9/11 - 9/30

Just stopped by a Tesla dealer/ service center location. Talked to a really nice SA. He was able to look on his computer and it shows that my car is scheduled to be made on 9/19, delivery by 9/24! can’t wait! I was worried that I might have to wait till October but SA was pretty confident that I can get my car by the end of the quarter.

OD 6/4/21 MYLR white/black, 19” wheel, no tow, no FSD
Current Edd: 9/11 - 9/30

Just stopped by a Tesla dealer/ service center location. Talked to a really nice SA. He was able to look on his computer and it shows that my car is scheduled to be made on 9/19, delivery by 9/24! can’t wait! I was worried that I might have to wait till October but SA was pretty confident that I can get my car by the end of the quarter.
it's not final, SA can’t see anything useful

it's not final, SA can’t see anything useful

Exactly - my SA said the same thing at the end of July: we are going to make sure all April orders get their cars... bs!

Wow…. You guys know how to kill a dream don’t you?? Geeze.

Let’s all live in the arena of hope, where we are all getting VINs within our original EDD window, even if it was the end of the window. Mine was 9-13 weeks, so I’m still a dreamer. 🤣🤣😬😬

Edit: Yes I know your original EDD window may have long past. Let the uninitiated enjoy the hope.

Last edited:
Noob here. First off, MYLR, red/white, Induction wheels. No towing needs. Order date 8/6. EDD was mid Dec-early Jan. All of a sudden it jumped way up to Sept 14-30. Anyway this is non-vapor? I guess the reason my hope is higher than maybe it should be is that it's pretty soon. I also wonder if all of you switching over to P is bumping the rest of us up. ;)
My partner ordered a M3LR and the website stated a November delivery. For two weeks the EDD showed September 14 to 30. Ultimately she got matched to a vehicle where the original buyer could not take delivery in time.

We ultimately don't know how the actual delivery would have gone. There's a super slim chance you do get it EOQ, but I would expect a later delivery. If it happens EOQ though then awesome!