Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woked up and I have a vin number. 7SAYGDEF6NFXXXXXX

I went to my account and now it asks me to accept delivery. What comes after doing that?
Congratulations.. it looks like you have a 2022 VIN!

After accepting delivery it should prompt you to pay the remaining balance and upload your insurance provider card or buy Tesla insurance if you haven't already. When I completed all of these, I got a text a couple of hours later to schedule my delivery and there you can finally pick a delivery date.

Believe it or not, after scheduling my delivery on Nov. 4th the car didn't come and was moved to Nov 9 then when the car didn't arrive they put me on Nov 14 delivery date. Not really sure what is going on. I was under the impression that my car has been sitting in the local Tesla delivery center lot but apparently it's still in Fremont. Service center has been unresponsive to my texts - I get it their hands are tied but I already sent my payments, etc. and my financing pre-qualification will expire next week so I might need to reapply again (for the 3rd time). I surely hope you won't have these issues but a few orders i'm pretty sure had experience and we're in a holding pattern despite an initial delivery date of Nov 4th.

Congratulations.. it looks like you have a 2022 VIN!

After accepting delivery it should prompt you to pay the remaining balance and upload your insurance provider card or buy Tesla insurance if you haven't already. When I completed all of these, I got a text a couple of hours later to schedule my delivery and there you can finally pick a delivery date.

Believe it or not, after scheduling my delivery on Nov. 4th the car didn't come and was moved to Nov 9 then when the car didn't arrive they put me on Nov 14 delivery date. Not really sure what is going on. I was under the impression that my car has been sitting in the local Tesla delivery center lot but apparently it's still in Fremont. Service center has been unresponsive to my texts - I get it their hands are tied but I already sent my payments, etc. and my financing pre-qualification will expire next week so I might need to reapply again (for the 3rd time). I surely hope you won't have these issues but a few orders i'm pretty sure had experience and we're in a holding pattern despite an initial delivery date of Nov 4th.
Thanks for your information and update. I am getting my car ready for sale or trade in. I am excited and a little fearful as well.

And congrats to you as well!

edit: My car picked up two screws in the same tire close together and they can't repair and now I need to replace the tire.

Last edited:
I’d like to ask what everyone is doing for trade in: to Tesla or others ( I have a ‘18 model 3 to trade/sell). Other question is any news on the tax credit? Apologies if these have been discussed
I read people are selling their teslas to carmax and places like that for high amounts. I did a quote thing and my bmw was worth the most at vroom. I probably could get more selling it myself buy I don't want to deal with people.

Quick search on prices for used ones.

It states unavailable but if you select it the search will show up.

Tax credit - my take is that nothing will happen until 2022 since they have about two weeks or so worth of legislative sessions left in 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezlagirl
I’d like to ask what everyone is doing for trade in: to Tesla or others ( I have a ‘18 model 3 to trade/sell). Other question is any news on the tax credit? Apologies if these have been discussed
As for trade I sold my 2019 SR+ to CarMax for $41K, Tesla was offering $31.7K. I’d recommend checking KBB instant cash, AutoNation, and Carvana. If you are in or near San Diego, also Driveo. All of those will give you a check when you make the deal. Vroom and Shift get you the money sometime after they pickup the car. I’ve seen people that were happy dealing with them, but was a dealbreaker for me, that and Vroom was $3K less than CarMax. Good luck!!

Reactions: Tezlagirl
Looking forward to be being disappointed tomorrow, beginning of my EDD window (Again) D:

But hoping to get before Thanksgiving?
That's weird... can't edit my own response? In any case just found out I'm supposed to be taking delivery from Fremont service center (whenever I get a VIN...). Anyone have experience taking delivery from there? Was hoping remote delivery to save time... since Fremont is ~30min from me and I dunno how bad it will be during weekday traffic

That's weird... can't edit my own response? In any case just found out I'm supposed to be taking delivery from Fremont service center (whenever I get a VIN...). Anyone have experience taking delivery from there? Was hoping remote delivery to save time... since Fremont is ~30min from me and I dunno how bad it will be during weekday traffic
I wasn’t expecting home delivery because when i signed up in august 2021 they stated it wasn’t in my area. Maybe, that will change for you as well.