Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All DCU threads seem to be locked (and I understand why), so posting this here in case someone knows the answer:

- Do I need to open a "Free Checking" account during the application process?
- Does the loan applicant need to match the car's registered owner with Tesla?
Just got my loan from DCU, title had my name and my spouse, but the loan is only me. Will recommend talking to them or schedule a callback, you should anyway after sending in the MVPA. Wait time has been around 30min.

• Informative
Reactions: ishareit
From my experience, when you have a 2 week EDD it will start narrowing but updates happen the day after the beginning of your window. I was 1/11-1/25 and then it narrowed to 1/13-1/25 on 1/12 and again to 1/15-1/25 on 1/14.

I can confirm that. It happened to me several times before I got a VIN. You can have a VIN any time when the window is less than 2 week EDD and the EDD just moved up 1-2 days when you're in the 1st day of the window.

Update: Picked up my Model Y from Irvine today! Car is nearly perfect, I followed this checklist and the only issues I could find were the right rear door's window trim isn't perfectly aligned, and some smudges in the interior. The sales rep helped wipe out all the smudges, and I'm not bothered enough by the window trim to get it fixed.

I didn't like the idea of Plaid getting my bank login, and I didn't want to pay for a car that I didn't inspect first, so I brought a cashier's check to pay. I asked the sales rep if I could inspect the car first and they happily obliged.

I got the MYLR white with no upgrades. My order date was 5/1/2021, profile completed 8/1/2021, and EDD shifted from September->November->December->January. Build date on the side of the car says 01/2022. VIN ends with 353XXX. Came with AMD Ryzen, so the long wait was worth it :) Best wishes to everyone still waiting - it'll come!