Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my 10 day window after entering EDD for 3rd time resulted in a VIN this morning. F360xxx (not that there was any chance for an A vin but just another data point). Along with the random EDD generator, Tesla is on point with random VIN generator, cars off the same line within 24 hours over 2500 apart with the (likely) newer vehicle a lower number.

And EDD is now 1/15-1/20.
Interestingly a VIN was just assigned to me minutes ago. Ending in 362774!

Fingers crossed. I think you may be close. My delivery did some ping pong between yesterday and next week for a couple days and then confirmed yesterday so I feel like it’s just backed up deliveries with less staff because of omicron
I agree and I’m also hoping what we see is there’s a 2 week window, but likely you’re in the latter half of the window to start. But you miss the start of the window, so it slides. I’m hoping what’s happening is the “true” forecast is moving from later in the window towards the middle, etc. But staffing struggles with delivery due to omnicron exacerbate it. Im hoping we’re all getting close.

Reactions: xSCMx
Woke up this morning to a VIN with 357 for a 'basic spec' MY LR (white paint, black interior, 5-seater, Gemini wheels, no FSD) but with the tow package. Ordered it back in June when the price was $49,990.

I have no use for this car so I'm going to work with my friend on having him fill out his registration info on my account and get his funding secured. Once he takes delivery of the car, I'll have Tesla transfer the car out of my account into his and he should be good to go.

Woke up this morning to a VIN with 357 for a 'basic spec' MY LR (white paint, black interior, 5-seater, Gemini wheels, no FSD) but with the tow package. Ordered it back in June when the price was $49,990.

I have no use for this car so I'm going to work with my friend on having him fill out his registration info on my account and get his funding secured. Once he takes delivery of the car, I'll have Tesla transfer the car out of my account into his and he should be good to go.
June order and your turn came just now? Any holds or VIN rejections that delayed it so much or is it just the “base model” curse?

June order and your turn came just now? Any holds or VIN rejections that delayed it so much or is it just the “base model” curse.

I ordered this in June, but ordered my MYP in July. My MYP was delivered 4 weeks later in August, and then my MYLR order was ready in mid-Sept. I told them to put it on hold and Tesla said I would need to either continue with my order on Jan 1 or it would be cancelled and I would lose my $100 order fee (I posted their email to me in another thread).

Now that June order is finally ready for delivery, but I have a couple of friends who asked about getting the car. They didn't want the white color or the wheels, but for the price they're willing to take delivery of it.