Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you have better luck than me.

My EDD window changed after I entered it for the fourth time today.

And to make it worse, it went from 10 days long to 27 days.

I'm more than a little tired of being jerked around by these clowns.

I have a feeling I might be one of the last august orders to get a vin. I just really hope it’s before February.

• Love
Reactions: Spam2Yam
Do the sales reps have ability to tell you which processor the car has? Tesla estimate went from March to a phone call stating "come pick it up in 2 days" which to me is fine as long as its got the new hardware, and not a Q4 vehicle with prior stuff... Pricing was locked in before the price increase... don't want to stir up the hornets nest and cause them to say something uncomfortable.

Took delivery yesterday of my LR Y - it had 5 miles on it and its' date of birth was 1/9/2022. I have confirmed that it has the AMD Rizen computer and the Li-Ion 12V battery (note it is nameplated as 12V, 6.9Ah ). The rear windows are NOT double paned glass. the VIN is 3543xx.

In the signature is more information about the car. The purchase process through the app is spot on! (I personally prefer a desktop; however, there are some things you cannot process from there - must use the app.)

I have had the car for just 24 hours - my initial impressions are (compared to my 2017 X, for reference):
- Fit and finish overall is superior to the 2017 X. It just all hangs together well.
- Pretty quiet ride - at least equal to the X.
- Ride is definitely harsher. Part of the issue is the harder seats (which are also narrower).
- The delivery process at Irvine was smooth and touchless. It was a Sunday, and yet there were guys in the shop. They came out and cleaned / buffed out a couple of minor scuff marks.
- Car was in immaculate condition (no dirt...), smelled new, and there was nothing missing (memory stick was already plugged in the glovebox, charge kit and front license plate...)

Attachments

• 20220116_133426.jpg
    20220116_133426.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220116_145613.jpg
    20220116_145613.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220117_140204.jpg
    20220117_140204.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 51
Just received a message that my car is ready but I’m unable to take delivery.

Anyone know if transferring a reservation is possible?
I am wondering the same about this logistic. What's your configuration? I saw from another post that if you transfer, then you need to either order another car or you switch with the person that you transfer the car too. It would be interesting to know.