Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
caved and purchased a MYP close to our original configuration After SA mentioned our order would definitely be pushed back to September. less than 50 miles on the odometer. Excited!
Was your original order for an MYP? While we waited for our MYLR I test drove the MYP and was HOOKED! It made me decide that if I get an M3 I'm going with the performance simply for the wow factor. The MYP was almost sickeningly fast!

Reactions: jayara91
OK I GAVE IN. I purchased a demo here in LA that had 347 miles on it (it's probably still there in the search results). I was also able to remove the FSD in my account after the fact. Easy peasy. It is not in my exact config--even better. It's in the config I really wanted and have been regretting not getting since day 1!

Original order: White on black, 20" Inductions, 5 seater, no tow no FSD.
Demo order: MSM on black, 19" Geminis*, 5 seater, no tow and removed FSD. VIN 161xxx. All in all there was a difference of $300ish in the order but I know that I'll be happier with MSM in the long run.

*I wish it had inductions but I can live with it, especially hearing all the curbing horror stories. My BF who will occasionally drive it is not exactly a careful one.

WHEW. Feels so weird dropping 58K on a sight unseen car just like that, but I'm happy with my choice. Hopefully I get the delivery text before the weekend. I wonder if they'll still deliver it to my house??? Hmmm...
It should! Ours is set for home delivery between now and the 7th!

What a roller-coaster. I found a demo car in Bay Area, and made certain compromises (wheels and interior) to get a car (with radar and lumbar). And then I found another car which matched my original config in Santa Barbara. When I reached out to SA to rematch me, he mentioned that he can get to it earliest by tomorrow. I did not want to lose the car, I went ahead and placed a new order on this new one and found a showroom which was open, and the advisor happily assisted me in getting a demo with the same config as my original order (and just 1000 miles on it).

Car should arrive in Fremont in about a week he said. Will be an even longer wait than the last two months.
Pulled the trigger and switched to a demo with 1230 miles on it. Car has radar, front lumbar, and I have peace of mind :)

It sucks but it's the way Tesla has been delivering for some time. If you ordered in April and are in CA, they know they can get it to you quickly (i.e. the last week of the quarter). If someone on the East Coast orders 6/1, they need to get it built and on a train quickly in order for that person to take delivery before quarter's end. So if they get an influx of East Coast and Midwest orders this week, I suspect that would push back a number of CA deliveries regardless of when they were ordered. For the last two weeks of the quarter, you'll see essentially zero East Coast/Midwest deliveries -- they will all be West Coast.
I'm in Costa Mesa 3 hours early ready to pick up my new Y! Coming from the IE and didn't want to get stuck in traffic. My app currently only shows my model 3 I have on hold but no mention of my model Y. For those of you who have recently taken delivery, how soon before should my car show up in the app so I can unlock it at delivery?
Not until you start the delivery process. There instructions on the windshield. Did they tell you where your car is by text?