Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dates also stayed the same as yesterday. 6/7 - 6/27. Ordered 4/22.

On Wednesday, the Costa Mesa SC said delivery should be around 6/17, so that seems to be holding. Of course I'm hoping for earlier ;)
SA told me yesterday that the window they have in their systems is much smaller than what we see online. And it’s typically on the “closer” side. For example online it shows me 6/9 - 6/29 but his system has it at 6/11 - 6/15. He said the day-to-day “slip” is normal heading into the last month of the quarter and that it should solidify in the next few day for us folks in CA. Maybe that’s what we’re seeing now.

He also said these slips are caused by orders outside of CA. If they get enough orders from East Coast and Midwest and they can still deliver by EOQ, they’ll prioritize those cars. This will shift as the days in June go on and we will (finally) start being prioritized.

SA told me yesterday that the window they have in their systems is much smaller than what we see online. And it’s typically on the “closer” side. For example online it shows me 6/9 - 6/29 but his system has it at 6/11 - 6/15. He said the day-to-day “slip” is normal heading into the last month of the quarter and that it should solidify in the next few day for us folks in CA. Maybe that’s what we’re seeing now.

He also said these slips are caused by orders outside of CA. If they get enough orders from East Coast and Midwest and they can still deliver by EOQ, they’ll prioritize those cars. This will shift as the days in June go on and we will (finally) start being prioritized.
It’s so amazing to me the different information SAs give. I’ve been told more than once that they have no information above what we see on our screen. So frustrating.

Reactions: JustYNot
It’s so amazing to me the different information SAs give. I’ve been told more than once that they have no information above what we see on our screen. So frustrating.
Yep. Yesterday while talking to an SA (not mine/she was on a day off) about a demo, he gave me a date that I "should be seeing my car come in" and I said, ok where are you getting that date from? And he said, "oh its one week out from the date that shows on your EDD." I said, huh, what does that mean? And he said, "that's what they tell us to tell you." "We don't want to cause frustration if it doesn't come by your date, so we just tell customers a week out from their date". I LITERALLY WAS LOL ON THE PHONE....Me to SA - "Dude, way too late for that!"

Yep. Yesterday while talking to an SA (not mine/she was on a day off) about a demo, he gave me a date that I "should be seeing my car come in" and I said, ok where are you getting that date from? And he said, "oh its one week out from the date that shows on your EDD." I said, huh, what does that mean? And he said, "that's what they tell us to tell you." "We don't want to cause frustration if it doesn't come by your date, so we just tell customers a week out from their date". I LITERALLY WAS LOL ON THE PHONE....Me to SA - "Dude, way too late for that!"
Hopefully that's a week in the positive direction

Yeah, that's a lie (or an incompetent SA). When I stopped by the Walnut Creek showroom to do a second test drive about a month ago, I actually got a glimpse of the tool they use. And it wasn't just the website. The issue is all of these "tools" are managed by the entire ops/inventory process. The dates in this tool change just as much as the dates on the website. SA's have no control over that.

The tool they use uses the word "pacing" which, I think, is synonymous with "production". So the range he gave me was when "production" was supposed to finish and doesn't necessarily include delivery. Being 30 miles from Fremont, I was told it should only be a day or two after.

My config is MYLR, White on White, 20" Wheels, nothing else.

I haven't made any changes besides switch my financing options :/
Yeah, that's a pretty standard config other than the wheels. And your profile is complete online? Insurance uploaded and everything? I would reach out to your SA or local dealer. The optimist in me says you'll still get one this month but maybe there's something on the backend that's keeping you from being closer to the front of the line.

Makes total sense. My SA gave me a date of June 17th. My EDD are 6/10-6/30.

Reactions: Srleadjb
Yeah, that's a pretty standard config other than the wheels. And your profile is complete online? Insurance uploaded and everything? I would reach out to your SA or local dealer. The optimist in me says you'll still get one this month but maybe there's something on the backend that's keeping you from being closer to the front of the line.
Yes my profile is complete online just haven't made my down payment.

Which is a question does anyone know if making the down payment prior to a delivery date speeds things up ?

I ordered 5/1 (Blk/Blk LR 7Seater Tow Autopilot only) Yesterday delivery was delayed to 7/30-8/19. Not sure what about my config would necessitate a 4-month wait, but needless to say - very disappointing. So far my SA has been very little help.

Reactions: Daget24