Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting on the outside looking in (with an order from Feb 14, on hold until Q3) looking for a Q3 delivery, I keep telling myself I've waited 3 months since I've ordered my MY, I can wait 3 more, but each passing week I feel like I don't want to wait too long and slip into Q4... Tesla really makes this a guessing game indeed. Meanwhile I see 100's of MME for sale sitting on dealer lots in SoCal just asking for a purchase with a $7500 tax credit. I just want my Tesla. :cool:

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
Soooooooo... I'll see my car in September then. lol

Maybe then it'll have the 4680 cells.

This is not good!
No, it’s not good at all. If this is the case, and it seems that now it is pretty clear, I don’t understand all the date changing

Tesla just do us all a favor and stop playing games with us.

As a Tesla investor, I know why they are doing it but as a consumer it’s not a good look.

My dates just switched again from June 14 -30 back down to May 24 - June 13. 🤦

C1FB80F9-1CEC-4D1E-A4E6-FFB4EDD67FD9.png

I spoke too soon

At this point, I just want to see someone from California get a VIN lol
VINs are usually assigned to customers once completed. And since transport time in CA is only a day or two, there’s very little lead time between VIN acquisition and delivery. Take a look at the master spreadsheet and you’ll see it’s like average 5 days between the two. Living in the Bay Area, I was told 1-2 days between car completion and delivery.

Reactions: Schwma
Called the Dublin-Amador SC and asked about any updates. They could only say that they expect the car will arrive at their store in the next few weeks. They explained that they don't receive much communication from the factory.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I asked about parts shortage and firmware issues. They could not give me any answers about those due to limited communication from the factory.

Ordered MY LR on 4/11:
Blue/white
Gemini
5 seat
No tow
No FSD

Current est delivery May 19 - June 6 (No VIN)
We have identical specs! I ordered 4/19. Our delivery date was as early as 5/11 but is now 6/1-6/21. I hope you get yours soon.

Reactions: Are2Dee2
Called Dublin SC last Friday. The SA told me my car is already in production and that I would get matched with a VIN soon. Then I called again today, now the SA told me they don't have any cars available. Like our ETAs, the SAs don't have accurate (or true) information either. I probably won't call them again for any info until I get a VIN.