Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm one of the unluckiest Tesla buyer right now.

1. The SA assigned to me doesn't seem to care (no replies, no updates whatsoever)
2. Waited for 2 months to get a VIN (ordered 04/05, VIN matched 06/02).
3. The car has failed inspection due to a small dent on the passenger side. Delivery got pushed out for another 2 weeks (ETA 06/18).

At this point, "frustrated" is an understatement to what I'm feeling. Sad thing is you can't do anything about it but wait.
That's hard! But if it makes you feel any better, I think most people don't receive an update from their SA. I'm curious - are they fixing your car or assigning you another VIN? I had a VIN that was removed and the SA was quick to say "at least you get a car this quarter" 😂 The concern and empathy was overwhelming. Don't let it get you down. You have all of us, in the meantime.

Ok, for those who already took delivery (if anyone is still on this thread) or who has bought any accessories that already delivered, I’m wondering which ones you would say are must haves and which ones are meh?

like are the floor mats crap? Seems like a lot of people get those.

all the extra storage bin things look cool but I don’t like cheap crap and some of it doesn’t look to be good quality.
I think I'm one of the unluckiest Tesla buyer right now.

1. The SA assigned to me doesn't seem to care (no replies, no updates whatsoever)
2. Waited for 2 months to get a VIN (ordered 04/05, VIN matched 06/02).
3. The car has failed inspection due to a small dent on the passenger side. Delivery got pushed out for another 2 weeks (ETA 06/18).

At this point, "frustrated" is an understatement to what I'm feeling. Sad thing is you can't do anything about it but wait.
Sucks man. If my car is damaged I really might lose it.

Is this normal?? I put my order on 3/31 morning and received the call after saying my car is ready. But I was not ready to take delivery at that time (didn't expect the waiting time could be literally two hours after deposit made) so postponed it. Later around 4/10, I changed my mind and changed the color of MY from default white to red.

Since then the delivery window has been back and forth up and down and now it is saying 8/15 to 9/14 (Fxxx!)

No SA contact ever. Called the customer support, they keep mentioning I should still expect to take delivery by the last week of June, but I have no idea why the website shows Aug/Sep time frame. Sooo frustrated.

Also wondering, is that possible to cancel my order and get the deposit back due to unexpectedly long wait (say if I can't get my MY by June)? I am tired of waiting against a moving target and get no support at all.

Is this normal?? I put my order on 3/31 morning and received the call after saying my car is ready. But I was not ready to take delivery at that time (didn't expect the waiting time could be literally two hours after deposit made) so postponed it. Later around 4/10, I changed my mind and changed the color of MY from default white to red.

Since then the delivery window has been back and forth up and down and now it is saying 8/15 to 9/14 (Fxxx!)

No SA contact ever. Called the customer support, they keep mentioning I should still expect to take delivery by the last week of June, but I have no idea why the website shows Aug/Sep time frame. Sooo frustrated.

Also wondering, is that possible to cancel my order and get the deposit back due to unexpectedly long wait (say if I can't get my MY by June)? I am tired of waiting against a moving target and get no support at all.
You’ll likely get it by end of June

The fact that you got a call within 2 hours of ordering on the last day of the quarter shows they will do everything humanly possible to get deliveries done by the end of June.

Here we go! Ordered 4/26. MYP, white on black, that’s it. Blue button appeared yesterday for down payment.
I’m in downtown Los Angeles. Apparently the car will be driven up from Marina Del Rey and dropped off at my house downtown tomorrow, Sunday, between 9 AM and 6 PM.
Very happy!
(VIN is 202xxx. Can one of your kind folks tell me what that means? For example, will it have the latest style headlights, etc.)

Here we go! Ordered 4/26. MYP, white on black, that’s it. Blue button appeared yesterday for down payment.
I’m in downtown Los Angeles. Apparently the car will be driven up from Marina Del Rey and dropped off at my house downtown tomorrow, Sunday, between 9 AM and 6 PM.
Very happy!
(VIN is 202xxx. Can one of your kind folks tell me what that means? For example, will it have the latest style headlights, etc.)
If it's a P, you'll have the new headlights. Congrats on your delivery - very exciting!

Reactions: Schwma
My 4/7 order just slipped to

Estimated Delivery: June 30 - July 20​

I'm not sure I can do another month without car. My SA said it would be a June delivery when I first ordered and has been radio silent since then. This is really disappointing.
how is that even possible......with a 4.7 order date? If that happens to me I will grab an inventory car as soon as one comes avail thats close. Sorry dude.

Contact your SA and ask for the “pacing dates”. They have a much smaller window and can see when your car is scheduled to be built. I think they’re hesitant to give this info out voluntarily because it can still change and they don’t want you to come back and yell at them if it does.
Hello from the Model 3 waiting room! I emailed my SA today about the fluctuating dates into July which would be beyond the original 6-8 weeks. I asked if he could share scheduled build date and he said “I don’t have visibility to production dates for vehicles”. At first I believed him, then a part of me believes he doesn’t want to share.

I guess the drawback living near the Factory is that my delivery date is last since I’m so close. Annoying.

Reactions: fender4645
Just curious to see how many people in CA have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Thanks!
Ordered Model Y on 5/31/21. Shows me a delivery date on -June 15-30,unsure how accurate that is. Ordered Performance Model Y, with tow package. Hoping to do a

Adam's UV Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit - 10H Ceramic Coating for Cars W/ 7+ Years of Protection & UV Glow Technology​

Shortly after arrival to my home. I live 2.5 hoursfrom delivery sit, where I willpick it up in Rocklin, CA

Tesla financing only takes a minute to get approved. If you’re doing third-party, that can be tricky. You have to make sure everything is in order and that your bank/CU is ready to act fast once you get a VIN and/or concrete delivery date.

Have you “answered” the payment question yet or is it open? If I were you, I would just say you’re paying cash so you can complete your online profile. When you’re ready to apply, call your SA to change to either Tesla or 3rd party financing. They can do that in a matter of seconds.

What you want to do is remove as much friction as possible at the end. If you get a delivery of, say, the 28th and you have issues getting things set then the Tesla system won’t have any issues unmatching you and giving that car to someone else.
I've answered loan but have not filled out the credit application section.

Hello from the Model 3 waiting room! I emailed my SA today about the fluctuating dates into July which would be beyond the original 6-8 weeks. I asked if he could share scheduled build date and he said “I don’t have visibility to production dates for vehicles”. At first I believed him, then a part of me believes he doesn’t want to share.

I guess the drawback living near the Factory is that my delivery date is last since I’m so close. Annoying.
Yeah, I really don't know why some SA's are willing to share and other's aren't. Like I said in an earlier post, I've seen the UI with my own eyes that tells them the "pacing" dates which seems to be 5-7 day window instead of the typical 3+ week window that we see online.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you...

V O X I M U S

View attachment 669856

There are a few cosmetic things that Tesla is coming out to fix including some rock chips, a small scratch, and some swirls, but panel gap wise she is INCREDIBLY clean and well put together for being a demo car build 3/25.

(and yes I am posing like a stupid YouTube because A. It’s funny and B. Unfortunately I am one.)
I was worried about rock chips from demo. They said they will fix that?