Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called twice. Found the VIN now. Guy said he has no idea and has to talk to a manager. My SA is doing deliveries and isn’t answering.
What’s an emotional roller coaster. So I finally got a hold of the manager at the Santa Monica store, and she told me I’m so sorry your car does not exist it was an error in the system. I completely lost it went off on her and told her I can’t believe this happened. She promised that she would do her best to try and find a standard range and she made some calls. Five minutes later she calls me back and says oh my goodness I am so sorry actually your car is fine and it’s in Fresno. She said there is a new guy working for the company and he just made a mistake.

😭 stupid Sept EDD for last 2 days... make more blues please.. give us them VINs plz 🤣
If my SA is to be believed, for those of us direct from factory, VIN to delivery should be like 3 days max. She said this was so because from factory once it's made they get it delivered within 3 days to wherever it is going. So we have lots of days of hope left before Q2 ends. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Reactions: JustYNot and Llawll
What’s an emotional roller coaster. So I finally got a hold of the manager at the Santa Monica store, and she told me I’m so sorry your car does not exist it was an error in the system. I completely lost it went off on her and told her I can’t believe this happened. She promised that she would do her best to try and find a standard range and she made some calls. Five minutes later she calls me back and says oh my goodness I am so sorry actually your car is fine and it’s in Fresno. She said there is a new guy working for the company and he just made a mistake.

That is quite likely true. Turnover is pretty high at Tesla and they've been on a hiring binge for a while. So, lots of new folks everywhere.

Reactions: acebrigade
If my SA is to be believed, for those of us direct from factory, VIN to delivery should be like 3 days max. She said this was so because from factory once it's made they get it delivered within 3 days to wherever it is going. So we have lots of days of hope left before Q2 ends. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
yaa after the first time it slipped into a Sept EDD I took my kid on a detour was out already thinking maybe I could get a mini tesla for her 😂 nope.. but did get to ask them directly and the best they told me was next 2 weeks.. so hopeful on VINs popping out soon

Reactions: CAKat
Just found my build except with the induction wheels in the existing inventory (not demo). How do i get it moved to my reservation number?
you can call your SA and have them transfer it to you. however, if you dont mind paying the $100 order fee and the transport fee if there is one, you can place it as a new order. inventory models go quick! so if you find one, act fast with either method :)

Reactions: Dasbooty
Ordered an LR AWD in white with black interior and standard wheels in July of 2020 and completed all the details on 6/10/21. Had an estimate that went from the end of June to the beginning of May, then from the end of May to the beginning of August, then it came all the way back to June 16th to the 30th. I even got a text from the delivery team on 6/14 to confirm delivery this month. It kept getting pushed back a day or two but now I checked today and it shows September. Anyone else get the text and have it pushed back? Oh, I'm also a CA buyer if that makes any difference.

you can call your SA and have them transfer it to you. however, if you dont mind paying the $100 order fee and the transport fee if there is one, you can place it as a new order. inventory models go quick! so if you find one, act fast with either method :)
If i do that and don't care about losing the 100 can i do that to reserve it while i find my SA to get them to move it over? I already have a complete profile with tesla financing in place on my reservation but it may have been pushed out to September lol plus i wanted the induction wheels anyway. I'll ask for forgiveness later from my partner lol.