Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AND GOT A VIN... the obsessive refreshing of my account every 5 min can finally end! VIN#214XXX, my EDD history is below:

Ordered 5/27, completed profile on 5/28
Sacramento
MYLR, White Exterior, Black Interior, 7 Seats, Gemini, No tow, FSD

EDD:
5/28 - 3-13 weeks
6/4 - July 24 - Aug 13
6/8 - July 8 - 28
6/9 - July 22 - Aug 11
6/10 - July 8 - 28
6/11 - June 18 - 30
6/12 - June 14 - 30
6/13 - June 15 - 30
6/14 - June 16 - 30
6/15 - June 16 - 30
6/16 - June 18 - 30
6/17 - June 18 - 30
6/18 - June 20 - 30
6/19 - June 21 - 30
6/20 - June 22 - 30
Congrats! You’ll get a text message with a link to schedule your delivery. I got my VIN 12:00 Friday. Got the text to schedule around 9:00 this morning. Earliest to take delivery is Wednesday 12:00 by touchless delivery. Hope this gives you an idea to when you take delivery.

Reactions: NorCalChris
Hi,
Can someone please clarify this: When vins are being assigned?
Do we get our vins right before loading into the delivery truck from Fremont or when cars arrive at the destination and are being updated to the latest firmware?

Hi,
Can someone please clarify this: When vins are being assigned?
Do we get our vins right before loading into the delivery truck from Fremont or when cars arrive at the destination and are being updated to the latest firmware?
My understanding is that you’ll get it as it nears the finish line in the factory. Then depending on transport it could be a day or two or a week or two for delivery/pickup depending on final destination.

From what I was told, you get a VIN and purchase contract as soon as the car is produced and final inspection is complete.
I saw 2 truckloads near the OC (heading south) this week and another truck load heading south near Burbank today which tells me cars are getting sent to DCs yet almost no one in SoCal has gotten a VIN this week. I know it’s a small percentage of people on here compared to orders, but I would think at least one person would’ve gotten a VIN based on probability. So it’s not crazy to assume cars are getting delivered then being assigned a VIN. Or maybe we are all unlucky.
Let’s hope for better luck tomorrow for everyone.

Update: Ordered my Model Y 6/11 for my 30th and completed my profile on 6/12.

I have been obsessively looking at the New Inventory site and found my exact specs that I ordered. In a panic I reserved it. Called my SA and he was able to transfer the new RN# to my original RN# so I wouldn’t have to reapply and ding my credit. I do have to shell out the additional $100 (if anyone knows how to waive that please let me know). Delivery date is 6/21 - 6/24.

Model Y LR, Blue, Black Interior, Induction, Autopilot

Just a tactic if anyone is looking for it

From what I was told, you get a VIN and purchase contract as soon as the car is produced and final inspection is complete.
I saw 2 truckloads near the OC (heading south) this week and another truck load heading south near Burbank today which tells me cars are getting sent to DCs yet almost no one in SoCal has gotten a VIN this week. I know it’s a small percentage of people on here compared to orders, but I would think at least one person would’ve gotten a VIN based on probability. So it’s not crazy to assume cars are getting delivered then being assigned a VIN. Or maybe we are all unlucky.
Let’s hope for better luck tomorrow for everyone.
Yeah don't think I've seen anyone Carlsbad or Temecula SC get Vins. I second the good luck this week for all the April folks I know us May's are eager

Reactions: CPA4U
I can't get hold of anyone in the Dublin store and no one is responding to my text and email. So frustrating! Have no clue whether it will be delivered or not today.
Delivered at 5:30PM today. Everything looks good!!

Attachments

• MY LR.jpg
    MY LR.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 66