Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randomly came outside my house to leave only to find my MY on my driveway???? They must have came between 7-9PM because I got home at 6:30PM and was going to grab some food at 9PM.

No messages, emails or calls to let me know that they were delivering the car today whatsoever. Checked my profile all day and delivery date said June 30 9AM-6PM. Plus, I tried contacting my SA this morning to confirm that I'm all set for delivery "tomorrow" but never got a reply back.

Overall the build is good and I can't wait to take it out for the first time tomorrow!

I'm honestly still very shocked and confused. I guess it was nice surprise??? If you're delivery date is close by, check your driveway haha!

View attachment 679594
shes a beauty! living vicariously through you with the same white on white specs. hopefully i get mine before august :(

Reactions: nojuice
Was scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, 06/29, but since the car hasn’t arrived yet, they rescheduled for today, 06/30. And today, my delivery is “Estimated Delivery: 06/30-07/03”. This is beyond ridiculous!
They said they needed proof of payment on Monday (copy of bank check emailed) before my anticipated delivery for Tuesday. I rushed my bank on Monday to ensure a check was cut to show proof of payment to not delay delivery. I was understanding when they moved my delivery out by a day but to grant them an additional 4 days to deliver?

Getting quite frustrated with this process. I have jumped on to Tesla's existing inventory so many times and have seem my configuration several times. However, they seem to be a couple grand more than my original order from April. Delivery date is staying around July 7-27 and now July 9-29. If I wasn't so hooked on Tesla, I would have cancelled weeks ago. So much for Q2 delivery. I just don't know what to make of this anymore...

this morning EDD was September... just got my VIN 218 a few minutes ago. Deposit Paid. Waiting for VPA to send to my Credit Union.
quite the wild ride yesterday... from morning Sept EDD to getting VIN & Purchase Agreement to picking up check at Credit Union's closing to picking up the MY at 7:30pm... Good Luck everyone waiting. See you guys around town and around this forum.

Seems to me that July deliveries will be busy. They clearly can't meet demand.
Does history say CA will continue to get orders filled in July? Or do they really start shipping cars out to Europe and such and let us September EDD folks sit another 3 months? I don’t understand the economics of it all. Or, in other words, I don’t understand what motivates Tesla to fill certain orders and let others linger.

Reactions: kmconnor4
Does history say CA will continue to get orders filled in July? Or do they really start shipping cars out to Europe and such and let us September EDD folks sit another 3 months? I don’t understand the economics of it all. Or, in other words, I don’t understand what motivates Tesla to fill certain orders and let others linger.
History typically suggests Tesla would ship out more orders abroad at the start of quarter, but they are always changing their delivery schedule (like our EDD). For example, this end of quarter, SA said SoCal are not getting as many cars from Fremont. So it's tough to say what changes are coming. We got a few folks from April orders waiting, tons of May orders waiting (myself included). So unless you pony up and get MYP, no one has a clue (including the SA) of when we'll get our cars.

Reactions: Cal 4
0BA2291B-025A-45FB-9BAD-AA1578B2CEC1.png

The only difference is mine is 5 seats.