Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting quite frustrated with this process. I have jumped on to Tesla's existing inventory so many times and have seem my configuration several times. However, they seem to be a couple grand more than my original order from April. Delivery date is staying around July 7-27 and now July 9-29. If I wasn't so hooked on Tesla, I would have cancelled weeks ago. So much for Q2 delivery. I just don't know what to make of this anymore...
Yep! Still quite a few of us April orders, and yes I’ve seen the same.. Unfortunately, Tesla has the luxury of being able to treat us however they want.. Right or wrong, until the competition is a bit closer, we can either walk or take it..

So unless you pony up and get MYP, no one has a clue (including the SA) of when we'll get our cars.
Thanks for that. Your summary fit the gut feel I’ve been getting. The “no clue” seems to be the constant.

And, with a refresh of my order page, I’m now July 4-24! Did this dance a week plus ago (July -> Sep -> July -> Sep). For some reason it makes me more comfortable to see my own dates continue to be in flux…I guess I’ve been trained to expect it. Congrats Tesla on the human conditioning experiment!

Reactions: Whitebeard
History typically suggests Tesla would ship out more orders abroad at the start of quarter, but they are always changing their delivery schedule (like our EDD). For example, this end of quarter, SA said SoCal are not getting as many cars from Fremont. So it's tough to say what changes are coming. We got a few folks from April orders waiting, tons of May orders waiting (myself included). So unless you pony up and get MYP, no one has a clue (including the SA) of when we'll get our cars.

I thought I’d heard Tesla doesn’t send the MY outside the US/Canada? Only other location they are available is China, and they are built in country? Not sure if that’s facts.

As for MYP, waiting here for exactly that too! Every day I wake up and see a new EDD. Granted, I only ordered 10 days ago but I had a June delivery date for a couple hot minutes. As of this morning, it’s a generic 6-10 weeks….

Randomly came outside my house to leave only to find my MY on my driveway???? They must have came between 7-9PM because I got home at 6:30PM and was going to grab some food at 9PM.

No messages, emails or calls to let me know that they were delivering the car today whatsoever. Checked my profile all day and delivery date said June 30 9AM-6PM. Plus, I tried contacting my SA this morning to confirm that I'm all set for delivery "tomorrow" but never got a reply back.

Overall the build is good and I can't wait to take it out for the first time tomorrow!

I'm honestly still very shocked and confused. I guess it was nice surprise??? If you're delivery date is close by, check your driveway haha!

Congrats. My only question is did the delivery driver park the car like that in your driveway, backing it into the spot so nicely?

Just curious, as I've seen some people showing their deliveries either being left out on the street in front of their house, or parked in the middle of their driveway.

Does history say CA will continue to get orders filled in July? Or do they really start shipping cars out to Europe and such and let us September EDD folks sit another 3 months? I don’t understand the economics of it all. Or, in other words, I don’t understand what motivates Tesla to fill certain orders and let others linger.

Normally yes, but last quarter I saw a good number of people take deliveries during the first couple of weeks in April, so you never know. Pretty much the same thing happened when I took delivery of my Model 3 in March 2020, and I saw people still taking deliveries in the first half of April.

However, after that short period after EOQ, then the rest of the deliveries didn't take place until the next EOQ cycle (June), unless a SA was able to find a config from existing inventory that matched your build - which was possibly a car that was declined at delivery and was repaired/fixed by Tesla, or a cancelled order that matched your specs.

Hard to say these days with Tesla being so far behind with orders, and their Shanghai factory was helping with overseas orders but it was mostly going to be their Berlin factory helping with there, but that's still not completed yet. Likewise with Austin, once that's up & running then orders will probably get filled much faster.

Reactions: CarpeDiem12
Hello, I was in this waiting room with y’all and had picked up my Model Y on June 13th. It only had 15 miles when I picked it up. However, last week my autopilot failed and both of my side cameras stopped working. The reason was because there was condensation inside the camera/side markers housing.
Posting on here just so y’all are aware to check the housing when taking delivery.
Ps: Tesla had a tech come to my house and replace the cameras under warranty.

Attachments

• 0B0E40DE-2674-4392-8F33-D4A83C9FBDD0.jpeg
    0B0E40DE-2674-4392-8F33-D4A83C9FBDD0.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 245CBDE0-8DFF-4A31-8CEB-430FCCA13704.jpeg
    245CBDE0-8DFF-4A31-8CEB-430FCCA13704.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 50
  • A4FB7515-1929-459B-A5BC-003881BD17C6.jpeg
    A4FB7515-1929-459B-A5BC-003881BD17C6.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 41
Normally yes, but last quarter I saw a good number of people take deliveries during the first couple of weeks in April, so you never know. Pretty much the same thing happened when I took delivery of my Model 3 in March 2020, and I saw people still taking deliveries in the first half of April.

However, after that short period after EOQ, then the rest of the deliveries didn't take place until the next EOQ cycle (June), unless a SA was able to find a config from existing inventory that matched your build - which was possibly a car that was declined at delivery and was repaired/fixed by Tesla, or a cancelled order that matched your specs.

Hard to say these days with Tesla being so far behind with orders, and their Shanghai factory was helping with overseas orders but it was mostly going to be their Berlin factory helping with there, but that's still not completed yet. Likewise with Austin, once that's up & running then orders will probably get filled much faster.
Bingo, this is the exact reason why the investors care more about production numbers than delivery numbers that's about to come out next week for Q2 '21.

Randomly came outside my house to leave only to find my MY on my driveway???? They must have came between 7-9PM because I got home at 6:30PM and was going to grab some food at 9PM.

No messages, emails or calls to let me know that they were delivering the car today whatsoever. Checked my profile all day and delivery date said June 30 9AM-6PM. Plus, I tried contacting my SA this morning to confirm that I'm all set for delivery "tomorrow" but never got a reply back.

Overall the build is good and I can't wait to take it out for the first time tomorrow!

I'm honestly still very shocked and confused. I guess it was nice surprise??? If you're delivery date is close by, check your driveway haha!

View attachment 679594
I was told differently when i supposed to take delivery yesterday but congrats!

Woohoo! Back to a real date. July 12 - Aug 1

I said it previously, but this is how Tesla works. Getting upset isn't going to change anything. It was this way back in 2018, even worse actually. They do things differently. While I continually recommend Tesla to friends, I tell them right away what the experience is going to be like. Yes, it's maddening. Yes, it doesn't seem logical. Yes, it's not fair. Etc... But once you get the car, you forget about all the frustration. Just relax. You'll get your car when you get your car.

Reactions: VP714 and YForMeee

First off, it's correct that Model Y's are only sold in US/CA and China (which produces their own). There are a handful that are sent/sold to S. Korea from Fremont but none are sold in Europe -- that will be handled by Berlin when it opens.

If you look/filter the master spreadsheet, there were deliveries to California in April (first month of quarter) but there weren't a ton. Maybe one or two a day on average. But two things on this: 1) the spreadsheet only represents a fraction of what's actually sold, however it's probably large enough to be somewhat representative, and 2) Q2 was abnormal for many reasons. With the containment hold they had in late April and early May, there were very few deliveries in the first month nationwide so it was all backloaded to the last 6-8 weeks. This left(leaves) a lot of May and June orders (and even some April orders) without delivery. No one knows what's going to happen in the coming weeks. Historically California gets theirs in the last week or two of the quarter with sporadic deliveries before that. But I'm not sure Q3 will be the same as Q2 and before.

My delivery was today. My credit union made the entire payment yesterday. Today morning EDD changed to September. The vin also got removed some time back. Delivery center not answering the phone.
Keep calling. They're insanely busy today (especially Colma). Did you screenshot or write down your VIN? Maybe try calling Vallejo (they seem to be the least busy) and see if they can track it down for you.

Same with me when I got my M3 in October of 2018. Delivery centers were slammed even at the start of the quarter.

I know I said my next post was going to be my car. But woke up this morning and my loan was changed back to the 2.49% for the 3rd time! I had everything signed last night and even downloaded a copy of the loan.

So now 2 hours before I'm supposed to pick up my car and ratematch@ had to reapply my rate for a 3rd time!