Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, it's correct that Model Y's are only sold in US/CA and China (which produces their own). There are a handful that are sent/sold to S. Korea from Fremont but none are sold in Europe -- that will be handled by Berlin when it opens.

If you look/filter the master spreadsheet, there were deliveries to California in April (first month of quarter) but there weren't a ton. Maybe one or two a day on average. But two things on this: 1) the spreadsheet only represents a fraction of what's actually sold, however it's probably large enough to be somewhat representative, and 2) Q2 was abnormal for many reasons. With the containment hold they had in late April and early May, there were very few deliveries in the first month nationwide so it was all backloaded to the last 6-8 weeks. This left(leaves) a lot of May and June orders (and even some April orders) without delivery. No one knows what's going to happen in the coming weeks. Historically California gets theirs in the last week or two of the quarter with sporadic deliveries before that. But I'm not sure Q3 will be the same as Q2 and before.

If they indeed already sold out (or nearly so) Q3 production, there's no way that they can batch all of outstanding CA Q2 orders in September. That probably can't work. I am guessing that they are going to have to keep delivering Ys in CA way into July just to keep up. At that pace, ordering in August may not get you a car until 2022. Hopefully, Giga Austin comes on line sometime this year.

Reactions: Cal 4
Home Delivery today but i wont believe u til i actually see it now.
supposed to be yesterday
Crossing fingers for you. 🤞🏻
Mine was supposed to be yesterday, then rescheduled for today, now it shows 06/30-07/03. When I called Burbank they said it could be today but it’s only tentative. And apparently they are closed for deliveries tomorrow so delivery could be in a week or so. Mind you, they already have my $60k check so why bother rushing delivery for end of quarter.

Reactions: Jcbeats
If they indeed already sold out (or nearly so) Q3 production, there's no way that they can batch all of outstanding CA Q2 orders in September. That probably can't work. I am guessing that they are going to have to keep delivering Ys in CA way into July just to keep up. At that pace, ordering in August may not get you a car until 2022. Hopefully, Giga Austin comes on line sometime this year.
I hope that's the case. Tesla needs to make this right.

Did they give you an updated time frame? When I got my final VIN, it did briefly go away around 10:00 one night (freaked me out) but it came back the next morning (same VIN).
She said it will *likely* be before September.
I called Vallejo as you advised and they said they can’t really tell because there are no comments around why the VIN was removed. It generally happens when a VIN is assigned and car is not picked up within 3 days.
I have been chasing colma since I got the vin to complete all pending tasks -mvpa, payment, cvrp agreement, delivery scheduling. At yesterday evening 7pm they said the car is still being built at the factory and will be delivered to me directly from the factory. So I am not sure how I could have taken delivery.

She said it will *likely* be before September.
I called Vallejo as you advised and they said they can’t really tell because there are no comments around why the VIN was removed. It generally happens when a VIN is assigned and car is not picked up within 3 days.
I have been chasing colma since I got the vin to complete all pending tasks -mvpa, payment, cvrp agreement, delivery scheduling. At yesterday evening 7pm they said the car is still being built at the factory and will be delivered to me directly from the factory. So I am not sure how I could have taken delivery.
Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry and really do hope they get you your car soon.

Reactions: Cal 4
Called Colma center again to talk to my SA who as always was not available. The person who answered said the factory assigned me a VIN prematurely and the car with that vin had a different configuration.
He is going to email the factory to see what they can do and they already have my order at the highest level of priority. Sure, that’s enough to earn my trust. Frikking shitshow

Reactions: ankit
I find phone is pretty much worthless. Do you have your advisors email or text?
I don’t think he exists. I haven’t been able to reach him since I placed my order. He called me once in april to ask me to complete my payment profile.
I did get updates from a different advisor though but nothing helpful. Factory screwed up and assigned a VIN prematurely. The car with this vin had a different configuration. They placed my order at the highest priority(or so they say, not sure if it makes a difference).
Now I am supposed to make payments for a car that I don’t even own

I don’t think he exists. I haven’t been able to reach him since I placed my order. He called me once in april to ask me to complete my payment profile.
I did get updates from a different advisor though but nothing helpful. Factory screwed up and assigned a VIN prematurely. The car with this vin had a different configuration. They placed my order at the highest priority(or so they say, not sure if it makes a difference).
Now I am supposed to make payments for a car that I don’t even own
Pretty much same boat with the same response from Tesla. I was told that a car was being built yesterday after they seemed to unilaterally void the executed agreement and told that I’d be assigned a new vin last night. Nothing.

With all my EDD's changing from June to September and back many times, I always thought to myself that as long as I got the car by the End of June that would be okay because that's what I was told from my SA from the get-go. Now here we are, the last day of June, and EDD of September, no blue button, thinking historically California gets most cars EOQ and just very frustrated. THIS IS SH$$$$$T

Reactions: okevinsano
Maybe it’s a good idea to just add 2-3 more weeks from the original EDD they gave us since there was a delay with all that radar/vision only issue. Couple that with microchip “shortage”. Maybe instead of expecting 30th of June, maybe 15th of July is a little more realistic. We ordered 4/20 basic config white. No Vin. I was told by an SA a very accurate “sometime soon” estimate. I’m just gonna stop bugging them coz it seems like most of them doesn’t really have any clue what’s going on. Its just more frustrating when they give a generic answer. I read people say it wasn’t as bad as before. Sure, but that doesn’t make it right to give customers paying $50-60k a sh*tload of inaccurate estimate. Better yet, just remove the freaking EDD on the website. This is a beautiful car and we are willing to wait however long it takes but please Tesla can someone upgrade your logistics.

Tesla: “we don’t give a damn because we have no competition”

Maybe it’s a good idea to just add 2-3 more weeks from the original EDD they gave us since there was a delay with all that radar/vision only issue. Couple that with microchip “shortage”. Maybe instead of expecting 30th of June, maybe 15th of July is a little more realistic. We ordered 4/20 basic config white. No Vin. I was told by an SA a very accurate “sometime soon” estimate. I’m just gonna stop bugging them coz it seems like most of them doesn’t really have any clue what’s going on. Its just more frustrating when they give a generic answer. I read people say it wasn’t as bad as before. Sure, but that doesn’t make it right to give customers paying $50-60k a sh*tload of inaccurate estimate. Better yet, just remove the freaking EDD on the website. This is a beautiful car and we are willing to wait however long it takes but please Tesla can someone upgrade your logistics.

Tesla: “we don’t give a damn because we have no competition”
I totally agree with you

Called Colma center again to talk to my SA who as always was not available. The person who answered said the factory assigned me a VIN prematurely and the car with that vin had a different configuration.
He is going to email the factory to see what they can do and they already have my order at the highest level of priority. Sure, that’s enough to earn my trust. Frikking shitshow
I had the same issue and called Fremont delivery center and the guy said the VIN will be back soon and I'll get my car today!

For those still waiting on delivery, please take the time to thoroughly inspect your cars. Mine was dropped off late in the evening so I couldn't really check it out until the next day. Nothing too major, a couple misaligned panels and a chunk of material missing from the rear window trim. And a scratch on the lower trim of the rear bumper that won't come out. Made a service center appointment to take care of these issues. Unfortunately typical Tesla end of quarter shenanigans.

Vba4Tny.jpg

P3F56ha.jpg

But a friend took delivery of their MY yesterday and it was in much rougher shape. And it seems when prepping the car, the detailer ran the polisher over the headlights but did a poor job. So the headlights are a swirly mess. They looked terrible out in the sun. And they need new key cards as well since they warped while in the heat of the car.

Reactions: Jen_v