Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same config except for tires ordered 5/13 dates changed to July 24- Aug 13 this morning
I have the same config, dates of Aug 13-Sept 2 now for San Diego area delivery. Ordered initially MID-May w/ profile finalized in early June. Dates keep slipping daily 😱 Stinks because I've been without a car for almost a month now
Yeah mines is for San Diego area as well.. I am happy I held onto my car because I did not imagine this roller coaster ride.
And now mine is Aug 21-Sept 10. I'm about ready to just go get another Chevy Bolt. Same reason I originally got a Bolt over the Model 3, unreliable delivery dates & my lease was up. This time Chevy bought it back due to the battery recall, so I couldn't pass that up

Reactions: JustYNot
There seems to be very little VIN activity so far in July. Is this common at the beginning of every new quarter?
If you are talking CA VIN activity, then I'd say most CA deliveries have been historically made at the End of Quarter push. Guesses are that quicker to deliver in CA from factory vs east coast. So you'll see most deliveries start east and work west as quarter goes on. We'll probably see some CA deliveries in July since there's so much spill over from Q2 orders (like mine).

If you are talking VINs in general? Then beats me! :)

Long time Lurker, First time poster here. Adding one more data point for you guys -
OD: 6/23, profile Complete - 6/24
Design Update - 6/25
Current EDD - 9/8 to 9/28

These EDD are furthest out I have seen on these forums, looks like I won't be getting my MY this quarter at-least. Sigh...

If you are talking CA VIN activity, then I'd say most CA deliveries have been historically made at the End of Quarter push. Guesses are that quicker to deliver in CA from factory vs east coast. So you'll see most deliveries start east and work west as quarter goes on. We'll probably see some CA deliveries in July since there's so much spill over from Q2 orders (like mine).

yeah i've heard this repeated on various other forums. with the holiday + the start of the new quarter, new VIN's + deliveries posts have been pretty scarce (i mostly follow the model y subreddit, where every day leading up to the end of quarter users were posting about new VIN's and deliveries and since last week it's been silent). i ordered on 5/6 in los angeles and after a week of "september" edd last week, this week i've had 7/7 - 7/27, with it getting pushed back a day every day (currently 7/9 - 7/27) so hoping that i get a VIN soon if my true date is 7/27 and they are prioritizing Q2 spillover. not holding out much hope though since i ordered a white MYLR with everything stock and no FSD so i'll be at the absolute bottom of priority.

July deliveries...I have no hope now. We shall see 😄😢

Long time Lurker, First time poster here. Adding one more data point for you guys -
OD: 6/23, profile Complete - 6/24
Design Update - 6/25
Current EDD - 9/8 to 9/28

These EDD are furthest out I have seen on these forums, looks like I won't be getting my MY this quarter at-least. Sigh...
I am not sure if you guys are able to see my signature so
original design - Blue MYLR , Black, 19"
Updated Design - MSM MYLR, Black, 19"
(Ponied up and paid the 500$ increase in price that happened on 6/24)

Reactions: LSJR
Hi all, ordered a white/white MYLR, 19", 5 seats, no tow, no FSD on June 18 for pick up at Marina Del Rey. My initial EDD was a plain "September." Once it gave me a date range, it's been fluctuating from random days in August/Sept but has now settled on August 31 - September 20 for the last week.
I ordered the same configuration on 5/31 and my EDD just got pushed back to 9/13-9/30. It'll be strange if you get delivery before I do.

My order date was 4/29 also... I have an EDD of July 8th-26th. Just prequalified for a loan and also took advantage of lowering my rate by using a competitor's offering. I'm hoping to get a VIN next week. I will keep my fingers crossed for yours to be issued too.

Reactions: Whitebeard
Y
That and the order tracker. 🔍

I wish that, for the phone people, that the Signature would show up if they hold their phone in portrait mode. This website works better on a computer or a phone held Landscape.
Agreed. I ended up changing my status to key details (order date and specs) so it shows up regardless as to whether or not you can see my signature.

I’m talking all VINs, regardless of location. Of course this is purely based on the google spreadsheet which is probably a small representation. It showed only 4 VINs for July so far (early this AM) and I believe one was CA (might just be wishful thinking on my part!) but don’t quote me on that.

I love how Tesla allegedly prioritizes people who complete their delivery profile sooner, and then screws them by forcing a second credit check when they fail to deliver within 60 days.
Always order with cash to complete the process. Update to financing as you get close to delivery. They never honor their delivery timeframes.

Right now the MYLR is listed as 4-8 weeks. That’s the same EDD as my order from 6/4. The only thing I have going for me is a lower order price. I won’t do financing until I’m in my EDD window.

Reactions: Whitebeard
Always order with cash to complete the process. Update to financing as you get close to delivery. They never honor their delivery timeframes.

Right now the MYLR is listed as 4-8 weeks. That’s the same EDD as my order from 6/4. The only thing I have going for me is a lower order price. I won’t do financing until I’m in my EDD window.
Yep, my approval expires 7/20, gonna switch to cash option from there and once I get the vin match it’ll be loan application time.

that's what i did (used cash to complete my initial order/profile) based on the recommendations here and other forums, and i'm currently way beyond my initial quoted 4-8 weeks. got a financing quote from my credit union a few weeks ago to set a baseline but i have no faith in tesla's projected edd for me (7/9 - 7/27) so my plan is to shop around for rates when i finally get a vin, whenever that is. i also ordered a MYLR white/black interior with everything stock and no FSD, in LA, so i'm assuming i'm at the very bottom of priority and wont actually receive my order until late q3.