Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Used" (only 1k miles) black MYLR available in the SB area. Has FSD though so the price is up there.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 7.03.29 PM.png

Hi Folks,
It has been a long time since I last posted. I have owned a M3 LR since Dec 2019 (luv it), and my wife and I just placed an order for the MY-P.

As of now, by EDD is 11 weeks.

MY-P Midnight Silver

Now in speaking with some folks off line and my SA at Tesla, it seems that it might be worth waiting a few months in the hopes of getting the updated casting and possibly the 4680 battery pack that are supposed to be on the Austin produced MY's? Thoughts?

Question, is it worth getting the $1000 tow hitch? I know aftermarket one's are around $300 plus install, but without any wiring harness (does Tesla's come with wiring harness?). Not planning on towing, just for the possibility of having a bike rack, or equipment rack.

Reactions: MGsurf
Hi all, have been lurking around the Current Delivery Times thread and finally bit the bullet and registered for the forum and found this thread. My order date is 7/11 for a bare bones 2021 MYLR, white/black/gemini/etc. After completing my profile EDD went from October to 9/17-9/30 (with the first date moving a day or two in each direction the last few days. I’ll be picking up in Costa Mesa whenever it arrives.

Question though: is it normal for the Insurance to still show up under Next Steps in my Account page, even though I completed and uploaded proof of insurance pic? Shouldn’t it be under Completed section? Called SA and he said my profile looks good, but wouldn’t be the first time I received wrong info from an SA.

Thanks in advance.
I’m also from Orange County and ordered a couple days after you with the same config and EDD so it’ll be interesting to see how this works out.

Hi Folks,
It has been a long time since I last posted. I have owned a M3 LR since Dec 2019 (luv it), and my wife and I just placed an order for the MY-P.

As of now, by EDD is 11 weeks.

MY-P Midnight Silver

Now in speaking with some folks off line and my SA at Tesla, it seems that it might be worth waiting a few months in the hopes of getting the updated casting and possibly the 4680 battery pack that are supposed to be on the Austin produced MY's? Thoughts?

Question, is it worth getting the $1000 tow hitch? I know aftermarket one's are around $300 plus install, but without any wiring harness (does Tesla's come with wiring harness?). Not planning on towing, just for the possibility of having a bike rack, or equipment rack.
Didn’t know it was so much cheaper for the after market hitch. I would get it after then! Congrats on your order of MYP!

Man, I hope the service center ca fix it all for you quick!
how was your experience picking up from SB?
I live in Camarillo too and will be picking up from there. Same car as you!
Santa Barbara was quiet... Although they has about a dozen cars in the back, mine was one of two on the front lot. The dealership was almost lifeless. The staff was stand offish... with the exception of Demetrie. He was very pleasant, helpful and full of positive energy. I hope to have the issues quickly resolved in the Oxnard service center. I also noticed today that the Tesla sign is on the old Mini dealership building.

I leaned on this forum to get me through the roller coaster of the EDD process. If I could relive the process I would try to keep an open mind and not stress the ever changing dates. Tesla is trying their best to get us our cars. I'd rather wait another couple days and get a car that does not need repair. Like I mentioned previously, once you have the car you will not remember the wait. I hope to see you around town.

Santa Barbara was quiet... Although they has about a dozen cars in the back, mine was one of two on the front lot. The dealership was almost lifeless. The staff was stand offish... with the exception of Demetrie. He was very pleasant, helpful and full of positive energy. I hope to have the issues quickly resolved in the Oxnard service center. I also noticed today that the Tesla sign is on the old Mini dealership building.

I leaned on this forum to get me through the roller coaster of the EDD process. If I could relive the process I would try to keep an open mind and not stress the ever changing dates. Tesla is trying their best to get us our cars. I'd rather wait another couple days and get a car that does not need repair. Like I mentioned previously, once you have the car you will not remember the wait. I hope to see you around town.
Thanks for letting me know! I’m excited that the first Tesla dealership in the country will be here in town! I was told it will be ready in 2-3 months. Super cool!

Well today is the first time my LR EDD is earlier than my Perf EDD, but only by a day. Aug 15 - Sep 4 vs. Aug 16 - Sep 5.

For the past week, the EDD’s have been close to each other with the Perf showing earlier. However it appears that both cars will most likely arrive around the same time…. I suspect (and hope) by late Aug.