Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Dude, I’m going to there and squat till I get an answer😀
Had a chance to go to the Sales center and understand the ground reality of my order. Actually the SA was very helpful and communicative. Below are the key points he shared:

• Currently international orders are prioritized instead of local/out of state (not sure how much of this is true).
  • Giga Berlin is not ramped up yet to take the increased international demand.
  • Model Y production has slowed down to enable other model production.
  • In a couple of weeks MY production will ramp up and late Apr/ May orders can be full filed.
  • For the 'EDD of Oct' in the app, SA said the 'best case' for me would be late August or Early Sep.
  • Wanted to check if there is any inventory to match against for which the answer was already known :)
Asked if there is any magic i could see by changing my configuration like color or add new wheels, which was a clear NO, NO..
Hope this helps. For now, just have to wait...

Looks like a lot of people are getting "October" for their EDD. That's possibly a good sign that your cars are getting built this week or next, and will most likely start hitting the delivery centers by the end of next week or by month's end. Then when the car is just about completed at Freemont, or is in transit to the delivery center, that's when you'll probably see your EDD update with a smaller window around the end of the month

Of course this could be all speculation, but that's been the current trend for the past year now with Model Y orders & deliveries, and I've seen quite a few of them on here while waiting for my car.
Fingers crossed I am hoping so

How do you have a feb order that hasn’t been delivered yet?

I’ve mentioned this a few times in the past, but long story short I had a VIN and delivery date set. Even paid the ACH payment on a Wednesday afternoon in preparation for delivery on the upcoming Saturday. On Friday morning, my VIN was gone and my EDD changed to June. Called up the delivery center and when I was finally able to speak to somebody, they confirmed my car was sold to somebody else for no rhyme or reason. They said my SA would contact me with details (which I never heard from) and when I spoke to somebody at the delivery center on the following Monday, they confirmed the car was already sold and that I’m pretty much put back into the queue…. at the end of the line of the queue. A few days later, I received a refund on my ACH payment out of no where which basically meant I’m back to square one with the waiting game. Q2 came and went and now I’m waiting for delivery on Q3.

Crappy situation, but in a way it kind of worked out for us as we didn’t need another car right away and saving $1000/month from a car payment & insurance was nice and allowed me to pay off other things and save up for more things to do with the car once I finally took delivery. However, now with both my wife and I having to go back to work more (and full time after Labor Day weekend), we now need another car so that’s why I also ordered the Performance version. With the extra cash I saved up, it’ll be a wash in price difference if I can get that car much sooner than the LR…. however the past couple of days now, the EDD on my LR is now earlier than the Perf so we’ll see.

I was actually just thinking I wouldn't mind being a Tesla SA. Apparently they are not held accountable for ghosting customers and giving incorrect information. I'd love to have an employer that does not care what I do.

You’re in luck, because Tesla is looking to hire a bunch of them right now.

Dang it, guess one of my replies didn't post. I'll try to remember it...

Was out on a run today, I'm in South OC. Saw a full car delivery truck (dunno what they're called) full of Teslas...driving on the 405 North...from South OC. I thought this was interesting. Since we're obviously south of Fremont, I would imagine trucks would drive full in a southbound direction to unload. A few possibilities I tried thinking through:

1. Trains delivered cars to somewhere further south and a truck loaded them up to deliver north of here
2. The truck delivered a car or two somewhere further south of here before driving north to deliver more. But in that case, I would expect it to deliver the cars north of here first.

Any ideas? These little things keep me sane during the wait 😂
I live about 8 miles south of the fremont factory, see trucks dropping off cars pretty regularly, not sure where they go after this, but can confirm they are getting loaded on trains! Hope this helps!

4EE30A24-98CD-41D1-BCF1-1D463D73B92F.jpeg

Reactions: Greg007
I live about 8 miles south of the fremont factory, see trucks dropping off cars pretty regularly, not sure where they go after this, but can confirm they are getting loaded on trains! Hope this helps!

View attachment 687134
Hey appreciate this - awesome pic! Totally makes sense that they put them on trains, I know that they go on trains to other parts of the country. But wasn't sure if they do trains from Fremont down to SoCal :)